_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
i agree with some of it.
stone 15? perfect. i hate the 10 friends limit so much honestly, and im not willing to pay for a rank, just to have more friends in a server (im way too stingy guys, i cant help being dutch ;w;)
i'd say iron could stay 20 or maybe 25.
since all ranks above iron have a lot of slots, i dont think its a huge need to change these ones. if there's an obsidian rank with over 125 friends, there must be a lot of them they dont talk with. i know some people will start complaining about the value of a rank because of it: just dont please, its just a number in a game made of blocks to be able to play with more people basically. high ranks still have others massive adventages like being able to vote. its honestly easy for a rank to say yes or no as they dont know how much a stone rank struggles with parties and friends.

This right here is what I was hoping for. Having someone who either can’t afford it or understands why you shouldn’t sell space for friends. And it could be easy for a wealthy ObiPlus or staff rank to say otherwise since it wouldn’t concern anyone. (I am not referencing anyone at all so please don’t get offended D; )

Also please do for bedrock max slots 40 and I need to constantly remove friends.
Will do my friend. I wasn’t fully aware of this and didn’t notice yet but I will make a thread later today! <3

I have a full friendlist for already 3 years and I keep removing my friends for other friends. How are people voting no? You don’t lose anything if the friendlist will increase lol. Other servers don’t even have a max it’s just infinity friends. It’s not balanced at all right now.

This ^^^^^^^

Ben5124

Jun 5, 2020
The UK
By increasing all the same balanced it out so in reality it increased but it’s still the same since it’s just new numbers same ratio etc. Also this is just about bedrock. I didn’t make a bedrock thread because I just didn’t. I’d be happy to make one of you want. But I don’t see how this gives any Java over bedrock advantages. It’s just a change. And to just go by a rank instead of being allowed to have enough friends slots like other servers is silly. If I was emerald I’m not paying $155 for a few extra spaces. At that point what is stopping me from going places where there are no ranks and unlimited friends. Also it’s not rude at all, but you must understand I increased it all the same so you indeed are still getting the same if they all are increased the same. It’s an added benefit for all weather or not you’d use it. By increasing all proportionally it’s almost like nothing changed.
fair point, sorry if I included too much bedrock in it xD, tho I still feel that gold and below should have a minor increase/none at all. Although I do get spending that much money on a rank you would want lots more friend slots which is understandable and should be increased.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Also staff should not vote no because they can have unlimited friends.

The point made about it being a reason to buy a rank was also very odd. But, they should still be allowed to give an opinion, even if we don't agree or think that they don't make sense. I understand it does not effect them, but we have to dish out so much money for a little, while for them it's unlimited power with no cost.

Reactions: InkAsriel and Mivke

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
The point made about it being a reason to buy a rank was also very odd. But, they should still be allowed to give an opinion, even if we don't agree or think that they don't make sense. I understand it does not effect them, but we have to dish out so much money for a little, while for them it's unlimited power with no cost.
its easy talking for people who already have a rank tho, thats the thing why its kinda unfair to judge stone ranks their friend list (not to start about parties). what they're saying is you have to pay to play with friends, which feels quite unfair. a friend system helps seeing who is/isnt online and in what game, which makes it more likely for people to play together, and by that play longer.
god damnit here we go anyways, lets look at party system!
you can only join with 2 others in one party when you're stone rank, which makes it impossible to play most maps in team gamemodes since you get this one random guy in your team who ruins it, and makes people ragequit to the point they leave for a different server. joining the same lobby with 2 parties in TD is not too hard, but just think about games like skywars, and actually becoming the same team!

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
its easy talking for people who already have a rank tho, thats the thing why its kinda unfair to judge stone ranks their friend list (not to start about parties). what they're saying is you have to pay to play with friends, which feels quite unfair. a friend system helps seeing who is/isnt online and in what game, which makes it more likely for people to play together, and by that play longer.
god damnit here we go anyways, lets look at party system!
you can only join with 2 others in one party when you're stone rank, which makes it impossible to play most maps in team gamemodes since you get this one random guy in your team who ruins it, and makes people ragequit to the point they leave for a different server. joining the same lobby with 2 parties in TD is not too hard, but just think about games like skywars, and actually becoming the same team!
I don't agree with you. Cubecraft needs money to keep the server running, and the only way to get money is by people buying ranks (and other things in the store of course, but the main income is from ranks). These tiny micro-irritations like a limited friend list are great ways to motivate players to buy a rank, while they don't make the game unplayable for those who don't buy a rank.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't agree with you. Cubecraft needs money to keep the server running, and the only way to get money is by people buying ranks (and other things in the store of course, but the main income is from ranks). These tiny micro-irritations like a limited friend list are great ways to motivate players to buy a rank, while they don't make the game unplayable for those who don't buy a rank.

They make money from the perks of the rank like voting. You shouldn't be motivated to pay very high amounts of money just so you can have more space for friends. Especially when competitive servers have these perks for free. At the least they could increase it. I covered this in previous comments, but I can't find it. D:

Reactions: Mivke and InkAsriel

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
www.youtube.com
They make money from the perks of the rank like voting. You shouldn't be motivated to pay very high amounts of money just so you can have more space for friends. I covered this in previous comments, but I can't find it. D:
Still it's a way to motivate players to buy a rank. I don't agree with increasing the friend slots for stone rank.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Still it's a way to motivate players to buy a rank. I don't agree with increasing the friend slots for stone rank.

Not everyone has the ability to pay $15 and up for a couple extra friend slots. That's not right. Also I understand, however it should not be P2P. Having so little isn't right. If all of them are increased the same like suggested it does not change the idea but the amount. Still making it balanced but everyone gets what they want. NOBODY buys a rank for friend slots and no one should be marketing ranks for that purpose. I'd consider changing it but then everything is off a bit.

Reactions: InkAsriel

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
i agree the server makes a living out ofi t, but it also highly demotivates people from playing the server, which would be even worse. adding 5 extra friends and 1 extra party member for stone rank wouldnt be a big deal at all. people normally buy a rank to:
- support the server
- vote
as doctor said, nobody will buy a rank just to be able to play with their friends, people will just move to a different server which does allow more people. three people while most team games need more is quite unrealistic, dont you think? and only 10 friends makes it hard to play with the same people over and over if they dont use discord for example

Finixly

Forum Expert
Jun 17, 2018
Beverly Hills
Although I certainly think changes should be made, I don't believe your propositions are the correct ones as they are, in my opinion, too overpowered. And the same counts for as for many people above, if I wouldn't have my 10 million friends slots because I'm staff, my friends list would've been more than full. My personal suggestion would be this:

Stone: 10 > 15
Iron: 20 > 30
Gold: 40 > 50
Diamond: 50 > 75
Emerald: 75 > 100
Obsidian: 125 > 200

-Plus rank would give you 35 extra friends slots.

I still think there should be made some changes to my proposition as well, but I think mines would be pretty fair. Again, I do definitely agree with this suggestion and I certainly think things among the friends slots should be changed on the network.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
www.youtube.com
i agree the server makes a living out ofi t, but it also highly demotivates people from playing the server, which would be even worse. adding 5 extra friends and 1 extra party member for stone rank wouldnt be a big deal at all. people normally buy a rank to:
- support the server
- vote
as doctor said, nobody will buy a rank just to be able to play with their friends, people will just move to a different server which does allow more people. three people while most team games need more is quite unrealistic, dont you think? and only 10 friends makes it hard to play with the same people over and over if they dont use discord for example
I agree with the party system, you should be able to play with your friends at least without buying a rank. Especially now you don't have lobbies with signs anymore. But the friend list capacity should just not be increased in my opinion, but we think different about that.
99% of the players doesn't need more than 20 friend slots, so 10 for stone rank is perfectly fine imo.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I agree with the party system, you should be able to play with your friends at least without buying a rank. Especially now you don't have lobbies with signs anymore. But the friend list capacity should just not be increased in my opinion, but we think different about that.

What would the point of more party space be if you couldn't have many friends?

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
Just going to say this for everyone with the money from ranks. The real money comes from Bedrock not Java, most certainly not ranks

I absolutely agree, f lists are too small

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
cause you can now only play with one friend if you're stone rank, and the friend list capacity is 10. There are no games with more than 10 players in a team either.

But your limited to only 10 friend? If you increase party size, wouldn't you increase friend size? If you want to play with more people but don't have space it defeats the purpose.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
www.youtube.com
But your limited to only 10 friend? If you increase party size, wouldn't you increase friend size? If you want to play with more people but don't have space it defeats the purpose.
It is two complete different things. Most players only have a few irl friends in their friend list. If they want to play with 2 other friends they can't because of the party system. Why would they need more friend list size?

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
It is two complete different things. Most players only have a few irl friends in their friend list. If they want to play with 2 other friends they can't because of the party system. Why would they need more friend list size?

Well wouldn’t they want to play with more people and or more party’s? Both are pretty comparable.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

dvodany wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Welcome onboard! 🎉
dvodany wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats on helper Worried, I knew you'll get there :D
dvodany wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congratulations, welcome (again) to the team! 👏
Tripleee wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats on helper!
Tripleee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats on helper!
Top Bottom