Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
I was asked to repost this by a staff member with the new forums update, so please don't blame it on me.
Old thread: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/add-map-voting.281495/

Just spent 3 hours game hoping so I could get a certain map for a thumbnail.
Once I finally got it, I came up against someone who was invisible and instantly got killed before getting the screenshot.

Then had to spend another 3 days game hoping to get the map I wanted.

Map voting is on every single server and even on Cubecraft Java but is not on Cubecraft Bedrock Edition.
You have pre game lobbies for things like Survival Games. So why no option to pick a map.

They even have names on the scoreboard now, why do I need to know the name if I cant vote.

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
I was asked to repost this by a staff member with the new forums update, so please don't blame it on me.
Old thread: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/add-map-voting.281495/

Just spent 3 hours game hoping so I could get a certain map for a thumbnail.
Once I finally got it, I came up against someone who was invisible and instantly got killed before getting the screenshot.

Then had to spend another 3 days game hoping to get the map I wanted.

Map voting is on every single server and even on Cubecraft Java but is not on Cubecraft Bedrock Edition.
You have pre game lobbies for things like Survival Games. So why no option to pick a map.

They even have names on the scoreboard now, why do I need to know the name if I cant vote.
I disagree, and here is my reasons.

Bedrock is a much more accessible and larger than Java and far less competitive.

How would map voting work? Is it Free for everyone or only ranks? When and how would you vote on the map?

I don’t think the idea is dumb but I don’t know how it would be added to keep cubecraft fast. Especially at later times in the day.

I had the harder matchmaking late at night once around 8/9 PST and it took like 2minutes to get into a the map “Dream” if we split those players even more how would that fill? With 4 players a game?

Because not only is there a Keyboard, Controller and Touch lobby. You have each one of those lobbies plus selectable maps :/

I do agree that some maps are too rare and they should be more fair and less rare.

ALSO here is an example from Hive and Galaxite. I don’t see many people voting on either of those servers, and even as a SOLO it’s really easy to get the map I want because it “MAP won with 1 Votes” I’ll sometimes see a “MAP won with 3 votes” but it’s far less common that a single or no vote(at least for me)

I think it be very confusing for most of the players too. I still see people in EggWars running around with no kit (like I insta rush their base and they have no kit, and never died)

Some people still don’t know how to walk bridge, and java bridge instead.
And others drop Iron at the shop in an attempt to buy stuff or use it as a bank or something.

I think it would be very confusing for some players and divide the player base so much even more than it should be. And it may kill maps such as “FairyTale”

People don’t leave on FairyTale either. One of my friends hates the map but plays it anyways. She’s not dumb? She just doesn’t want to requeue to get a map she wants.

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
I disagree, and here is my reasons.

Bedrock is a much more accessible and larger than Java and far less competitive.

How would map voting work? Is it Free for everyone or only ranks? When and how would you vote on the map?

I don’t think the idea is dumb but I don’t know how it would be added to keep cubecraft fast. Especially at later times in the day.

I had the harder matchmaking late at night once around 8/9 PST and it took like 2minutes to get into a the map “Dream” if we split those players even more how would that fill? With 4 players a game?

Because not only is there a Keyboard, Controller and Touch lobby. You have each one of those lobbies plus selectable maps :/

I do agree that some maps are too rare and they should be more fair and less rare.

ALSO here is an example from Hive and Galaxite. I don’t see many people voting on either of those servers, and even as a SOLO it’s really easy to get the map I want because it “MAP won with 1 Votes” I’ll sometimes see a “MAP won with 3 votes” but it’s far less common that a single or no vote(at least for me)

I think it be very confusing for most of the players too. I still see people in EggWars running around with no kit (like I insta rush their base and they have no kit, and never died)

Some people still don’t know how to walk bridge, and java bridge instead.
And others drop Iron at the shop in an attempt to buy stuff or use it as a bank or something.

I think it would be very confusing for some players and divide the player base so much even more than it should be. And it may kill maps such as “FairyTale”

People don’t leave on FairyTale either. One of my friends hates the map but plays it anyways. She’s not dumb? She just doesn’t want to requeue to get a map she wants.
I get your point but at the end there you were clutching for straws.

There's in no way you can compare someone not being able to speed bridge to not being able to vote.
On the Hive or Galaxite if no one votes a random map gets chosen, but at least it means those looking for a certain map might get it.

And several of the maps are game hopped anyways, only issue is you have to game hop the same game about 5 times cause it takes ages to fill.

• Agree
Reactions: Dualninja

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
And several of the maps are game hopped anyways, only issue is you have to game hop the same game about 5 times cause it takes ages to fill.
Yea but where on cube would you be able to vote?

I like cube because I can click a portal and jump into a map instantly. Not click and select a map before then.

I don’t disagree with it I would want it but I also don’t.

I hate getting Fairytale 23 times in a row and not getting Toys for the entire day.

As well some gamemodes have a lot of maps and people still want a lot more. That would be a very long list to choose from.

And if it selects 5 random maps what does that fix? If cube goes by the same map rarity FairyTale might appear in those random 5 more than Toys or Modern. Causing people to still lobby jump.

And would only ranked players get to vote? So we get to vote the map as well as the gamemode? Or would it be for everyone?

Could their be a limit to how many “custom/voted” lobbies are made? Because if it’s a lot later at night like I said. Those win10 lobbies could have players wanting to play every map causing lobbies not to fill above like 70%

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
Yea but where on cube would you be able to vote?

I like cube because I can click a portal and jump into a map instantly. Not click and select a map before then.
On Java you dont have to choose a map, but the option is there.

Go and play one game on the hive and see how nice it feels to join a pre game lobby and choose the map you are looking for.

• Agree

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
Go and play one game on the hive and see how nice it feels to join a pre game lobby and choose the map you are looking for.
I don’t like that.
Because I chose the same map everytime and it gets boring for me much faster than just not voting. But it’s still annoying because it has the same problem as cube with the same map getting chosen/queued over the others. Because sometimes if you get a sweat in the game, you are the last few alive and one of you win, you all usually get put into the same lobby again. Meaning they are probably going to vote that samemode again.

And if it is added like Hive. Cube would have 3 lobbies to run through now.

Hub > Gamemode Lobby > Pre Game Lobby. Hive and Galaxite don’t have that?

Hive and Galaxite also don’t have gamemode Voting either, like OP Normal or Hardcore

Adamtheapple

Novice Member
Jul 31, 2020
kaaba
I don’t like that.
Because I chose the same map everytime and it gets boring for me much faster than just not voting. But it’s still annoying because it has the same problem as cube with the same map getting chosen/queued over the others. Because sometimes if you get a sweat in the game, you are the last few alive and one of you win, you all usually get put into the same lobby again. Meaning they are probably going to vote that samemode again.

And if it is added like Hive. Cube would have 3 lobbies to run through now.

Hub > Gamemode Lobby > Pre Game Lobby. Hive and Galaxite don’t have that?

Hive and Galaxite also don’t have gamemode Voting either, like OP Normal or Hardcore
you wouldnt need 3 lobbies its useless to have what we have now the 2nd lobby would replace the third one and how does voting for op and normal affect anything thats just another thing cubecraft has over the other servers

Cubic

Jan 24, 2021
I mean if it's coming then it won't come for a while since Cubecraft is currently working on higher priority things like NA servers. But I do think that the addition of map voting is the next logical thing to do.

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
I mean if it's coming then it won't come for a while since Cubecraft is currently working on higher priority things like NA servers. But I do think that the addition of map voting is the next logical thing to do.
Actually NA servers are quite easy to create. The reason they're not here is they cost a lot of money. So map voting shouldn't be too far away.

Click Greatness

Jan 23, 2021
Greatness
www.youtube.com
This is a good idea but I believe it shouldn’t just be a pre game lobby. It should be accessible to anybody where there would just be a screen that pops up when you click the npc to choose the map you want to play on. That screen would also include the number to players currently who are currently waiting for the game to start as some people want short wait times and will pick the most already populated map.

However this screen would only pick 3 maps that currently that have the most people waiting to choose from. Then those with the game ranks could open up a completely new map of their choice or choose an underpopulated game due to the map choice. People without the rank could also choose random which will just choose a map for you that needs some players.

I prefer this idea over a pregame lobby where people vote for the map because of the fact that I play most cubecraft games because of the short wait times. Besides, with this option to straight choose your map, you won’t ever get a different map and back out because of it.

My idea does need a bit of reworking but hey, that‘s why it’s an idea.

Edit: I looked over my idea again and it does have a lot of problems. Yeah it’s probably best to just simplify it to where those who have ranks get the pop up for any map of their choosing with the number of players thing. People without it it should just go on as normal.

• Disagree
Reactions: InsaneOrbitzz

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Hey, thanks for your suggestion, InsaneOrbitz.

We've recently opened up a poll about map selection on Bedrock, technically this wouldn't be a case of voting after entering the game but rather being able to choose a map before entering exactly how it works on Java.

For this reason we're happy to mark this as planned as it's being looked into. :]
(https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/🌎-poll-bedrock-map-selection.282673/)

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
Hey, thanks for your suggestion, InsaneOrbitz.

We've recently opened up a poll about map selection on Bedrock, technically this wouldn't be a case of voting after entering the game but rather being able to choose a map before entering exactly how it works on Java.

For this reason we're happy to mark this as planned as it's being looked into. :]
(https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/🌎-poll-bedrock-map-selection.282673/)
You know what, it works.
Thank You very much.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
Top Bottom