Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
It's a game that doesn't need constant updates, has few bugs, doesn't need lots of server space, fosters community interactions, encourages behaviour other than PvP tryhard behaviour and doesn't have any significant issues as far as I can see. I've seen dozens of community members talk about having freebuild back so thought I'd finally make a suggestion.

If I'm honest, I don't see why it was removed with the big change in the first place since it doesn't require regular updates or anything...

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
It's a game that doesn't need constant updates, has few bugs, doesn't need lots of server space, fosters community interactions, encourages behaviour other than PvP tryhard behaviour and doesn't have any significant issues as far as I can see. I've seen dozens of community members talk about having freebuild back so thought I'd finally make a suggestion.

If I'm honest, I don't see why it was removed with the big change in the first place since it doesn't require regular updates or anything...
Cubecraft isn't that type of server. To have games such as creative, survival, factions or prisons they're more PvP focused.

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
the thing why im not too sure about this; nsfw buildings. we all know the things people love building.
another issue; lets say it works like most other creative server, so with plots. i could trust a friend of mine on my plot, but what if they build something bad? screenshots including the name of the plot-owner would cause false bans and toxic behavoir between friends. i know there are plugins and stuff to check the player who placed a block, but this would just take forever to do.

either way, i'll vote yes because this might be fun and probably a way to go around this issue :)

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
Cubecraft isn't that type of server. To have games such as creative, survival, factions or prisons they're more PvP focused.
If Cubecraft is a PvP focused server why do they have games like skyblock and parkour? Also, variation most certainly does not do any harm, I know there are plenty of people who would specifically like more non-PvP based games on cubecraft.

the thing why im not too sure about this; nsfw buildings. we all know the things people love building.
another issue; lets say it works like most other creative server, so with plots. i could trust a friend of mine on my plot, but what if they build something bad? screenshots including the name of the plot-owner would cause false bans and toxic behavoir between friends. i know there are plugins and stuff to check the player who placed a block, but this would just take forever to do.

either way, i'll vote yes because this might be fun and probably a way to go around this issue :)
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/freebuild.167516/
This is how it used to work and imo how it should work. I don't recall any significant issues with NSFW buildings whatsoever and they had it before, so there was obviously some kind of countermeasure.

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
This is how it used to work and imo how it should work. I don't recall any significant issues with NSFW buildings whatsoever and they had it before, so there was obviously some kind of countermeasure.
NSFW builds: For Bedrock, NSFW builds would be everywhere. Play 1 round of Hive Build Battle, and you'll see what I mean. And Gamemodes take time to create, Cubecraft have bigger fish to fry.

Moderation: Then there is moderation. It would take up so much, of Cubecraft's resources. To moderate racist homophobic, sexist and NSFW builds.

Monetisation: Then there is monetisation. How would Cubecraft monetize this? Overall it just wouldn't be worth the time, money and effort. For a gamemode not many people would even play.

Too long didn't read: It would be a nightmare to moderate. It wouldn't make any money. And every other build would be racist or NSFW.

• Agree
Reactions: Story

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
NSFW builds: For Bedrock NSFW builds would be everywhere. Play 1 round of Hive Build Battle, and you'll see what I mean. And Gamemodes take time to create, Cubecraft have bigger fish to fry.

Moderation: Then there is moderation. It would take up so much of Cubecraft's resources to moderate racist homophobic sexist and NSFW builds.

Monetisation: Then there is monetisation. How would Cubecraft monetize this? Overall it just wouldn't be worth the time, money and effort. For a gamemode not many people would even play.

Too long didn't read: It would be a nightmare to moderate. It wouldn't make any money. And every other build would be NSFW.

NSFW builds were not much of an issue on Java, could be an issue on Bedrock but I don't think it will be as prominent. Plus this isn't Hive, so there is no telling if it would be the same. As for moderation, it would be reportable and the person could be warned then punished + plot cleared or however, they would handle it. Personally, I don't think that is too difficult. It does not necessarily need monetization, but ranks on java get more plot spaces, and on Bedrock, furniture packs could be released, more plots, exclusive themes, tools? Or possibly combo some skyblock items and revamp that rank to support Freebuild as well? Plenty of options. I think in terms of moderation it's not as extreme as you claim and it could make money, although not every game needs to make money.

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
NSFW builds were not much of an issue on Java, could be an issue on Bedrock but I don't think it will be as prominent. As for moderation, it would be reportable and the person could be warned then punished + plot cleared or however, they would handle it. Personally, I don't think that is too difficult. It does not necessarily need monetization, but ranks on java get more plot spaces, and on Bedrock, furniture packs could be released, more plots, exclusive themes, tools? Or possibly combo some skyblock items and revamp that rank to support Freebuild as well? Plenty of options. I think in terms of moderation it's not as extreme as you claim and it could make money, although not every game needs to make money.
If you look at any other Bedrock edition featured server. With any building gamemode. Every third build is either extremely racist, homophobic, sexist or NSFW.

• Agree
Reactions: Wave Master7S

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
If you look at any other Bedrock edition featured server. With any building gamemode. Every third build is either extremely racist, homophobic, sexist or NSFW.

I don't see this commonly if at all on Egg Wars, Sky Wars, Sky Block, or any game that involves building on CubeCraft. I'd not expect it to be too much different, even still, it can still be moderated and handled. It wouldn't be any different with any new gamemode or different gamemode. I get where you're coming from but I think your underestimating the abilities of staff being able to handle these rulebreakers and overestimating how many people are going to build inappropriate things.

I don't think they can screenshot report a build and the owner without staff realizing that other people could have built it. Also, I'd imagine you'd need video evidence of it happening most likely. (Same when people are misplacing towers in tower defense) A little bit of a grey area but I'm sure there is a solution that can be drawn up.

D

Deleted member 347571

Hi!

First of all i think Freebuild offers things that Cube doesn't offer right now and it would be a great non pvp game that you could play when you are bored.

For me it seems like it would be a good idea for community made maps for a couple games, not everyone has an account on the forums so it would basically mean that they could vote for these maps while flying around in spectator mode. I understand this is very optimistic and not really necessary.

This would also be really fun for when you are bored like i said already, everytime when you're bored you could play some fun minigame map made by players on the server without that there is a competition going on. Cubecraft could organize building contests aswell but that would be their choice if they want to do that or not.

I think this this is a very good idea so definetly a yes! :p

• Disagree
Reactions: Dualninja

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi!

First of all i think Freebuild offers things that Cube doesn't offer right now and it would be a great non pvp game that you could play when you are bored.

For me it seems like it would be a good idea for community made maps for a couple games, not everyone has an account on the forums so it would basically mean that they could vote for these maps while flying around in spectator mode. I understand this is very optimistic and not really necessary.

This would also be really fun for when you are bored like i said already, everytime when you're bored you could play some fun minigame map made by players on the server without that there is a competition going on. Cubecraft could organize building contests aswell but that would be their choice if they want to do that or not.

I think this this is a very good idea so definetly a yes! :p

There was a system for plot voting and top plots previously I believe.

On the topic of map submissions, they should not be connected to plots. They aren't nearly big enough (For reference, Teams of 2 Blossoms on Egg Wars took up +300x300 space on a 501x501 plot.) But, another issue would be troll votes or people not understanding how it works, I think map submissions should stay on forums. (An exception I could see being made is for Parkour, but this would still require submission on forums/build area. But even still this isn't a concern as submissions are closed for the time being.) However, players making games for just on the plot or that area of Cubecraft would be epic and would be awesome to see again.

D

Deleted member 347571

There was a system for plot voting and top plots previously I believe.

On the topic of map submissions, they should not be connected to plots. They aren't nearly big enough (For reference, Teams of 2 Blossoms on Egg Wars took up +300x300 space on a 501x501 plot.) But, another issue would be troll votes or people not understanding how it works, I think map submissions should stay on forums. (An exception I could see being made is for Parkour, but this would still require submission on forums/build area. But even still this isn't a concern as submissions are closed for the time being.) However, players making games for just on the plot or that area of Cubecraft would be epic and would be awesome to see again.
I agree

Your idea for parkour is quite interesting, sounds like map maker which is actually really fun!

Snowwyyy

Apr 5, 2020
The Far Lucky Islands
Pronouns
He/Him
I would love to play!
The issues ppl are talking about such as nsfw things... Man.. We all can report, they can add an alarm with the message "report rule breakers at <link>" in a side I would gain more reports and there would be a game where there isn't a place for pvp.
I hate pvp, skyblock or Parkour aren't my favorites, I would play something that would blow my imagination.
Maybe sharing some builds in the network directly instead of sending screenshots.
I will be able to share and gain some experience for some build hacks because why not?

+1.1

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Heya, thanks for the suggestion!

At this current moment, Freebuild is not something that we're considering. We're in the process of being more adventurous with our projects and what we want to do with the future of our gamemodes on the network. Taking these risks will ultimately help us set ourselves apart from other servers that we are competing with, and being safe with our gamemodes means that we may not see as much success or payoff in the future.

Freebuild is not something wildly new or amazing, as it is a housing/creative server, as well as it only appealing to a small amount of players. To put into perspective, the equivalent of Freebuild on other popular servers pulls is small, relative to their player counts. Have a look:

1617902443591.png

Source: hytrack.me

Taken around 18:18 BST on the 8th of April 2021.
1617902513628.png
1617902537652.png

Source: bedrock.minetrack.me

= 2.72 % of total players.
Taken around 18:20 BST on the 8th of April 2021.

As well as this, Freebuild was made before the systems that we currently have today. This means that we'll have to potentially strip the systems down and rewrite a lot of it in order to get it to a state that it works, and ported over to Bedrock.

Our server's take on the housing genre is the Skyblock gamemode, which we think has better gameplay in terms of expansion and the future, especially with what we're planning in the foreseeable future for it.

The game being removed in the Big Change update is not because we were unable to maintain the gamemode in terms of updates, but rather we had to have a long think about where we'd want our resources put around our server so that we stay afloat in those difficult times.

I would love to hear you guys out about Freebuild, but at this given moment, we're not really considering it in our roadmap for the future.

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Heya, thanks for the suggestion!

At this current moment, Freebuild is not something that we're considering. We're in the process of being more adventurous with our projects and what we want to do with the future of our gamemodes on the network. Taking these risks will ultimately help us set ourselves apart from other servers that we are competing with, and being safe with our gamemodes means that we may not see as much success or payoff in the future.

Freebuild is not something wildly new or amazing, as it is a housing/creative server, as well as it only appealing to a small amount of players. To put into perspective, the equivalent of Freebuild on other popular servers pulls is small, relative to their player counts. Have a look:

View attachment 190620
Source: hytrack.me

Taken around 18:18 BST on the 8th of April 2021.
View attachment 190621View attachment 190622
Source: bedrock.minetrack.me

= 2.72 % of total players.
Taken around 18:20 BST on the 8th of April 2021.

As well as this, Freebuild was made before the systems that we currently have today. This means that we'll have to potentially strip the systems down and rewrite a lot of it in order to get it to a state that it works, and ported over to Bedrock.

Our server's take on the housing genre is the Skyblock gamemode, which we think has better gameplay in terms of expansion and the future, especially with what we're planning in the foreseeable future for it.

The game being removed in the Big Change update is not because we were unable to maintain the gamemode in terms of updates, but rather we had to have a long think about where we'd want our resources put around our server so that we stay afloat in those difficult times.

I would love to hear you guys out about Freebuild, but at this given moment, we're not really considering it in our roadmap for the future.
I agree housing is too cliché. And it just wouldn't fit in Cubecraft. And if you really want a house, go build one in Skyblock.

Skyblock update confirmed!

• Disagree
Reactions: _The13thDoctor_
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom