Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Vindicatør

Sep 29, 2020
the Woodland Mansion
minecraft.fandom.com
(Yes, I did get muted, but I'm not gonna complain about that since it was for a fair reason.)

So as of now, the only ways of showing someone you are muted from what I know, is putting on a skin that spells it out, or doing a custom duel with someone that has signs. Well not everyone wants to do those things.

So my solution to this is having it say (Muted) on the left side of your name, above your character and in the tab list. This would of course be a toggleable setting (off by default), and it would show this for main lobbies, game lobbies, and in-game before the game starts.

React with agree if you want this to be implemented.
React with unsure if you aren't sure whether you want this to be implemented or not.
React with disagree if you don't want this to be implemented.

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
This is an interesting idea, but if it were implemented it would have to be a ton more subtle. How it's described here would just clutter chat/tab and could even be confusing to younger users. It would also just be embarrassing for a lot of people - I would bet that if this were a feature it would go virtually unused.

Also mandatory note, using signs to bypass a mute is not allowed so don't do that :P

Reactions: Vindicatør

HellIsHot

Jul 13, 2017
Earth
I don't think this is really a good idea. If you were muted it's for breaking the rules and you should have thought twice. Also, in most punishments you get a warning first. Imo it's more than enough. So personally, I think that giving this privilege to muted people isn't a good idea. You should learn from your punishments.

Elaad

Novice Member
Dec 2, 2019
While I'm very much for a system that shows other players you're muted, I think the one you suggested is a bit too messy. The way I would do it is similar to the way notifications work when you try to message someone who is AFK. Atm if you try to /fm or /msg a player who has been AFK for a certain amount of time you'd get a message in your chat (only you receive this message), stating this player is AFK and might not see your message. How this system would work for muted players would be as follows:
If you mention a player's IGN in chat, try to /msg or /fm them, you'd receive a message similar to the AFK one, stating "[x] is currently muted...", this way it wouldn't interfere in any way and would prevent confusion, unnecessary messages, etc.

As for some of the comments other people made:
It would also just be embarrassing for a lot of people - I would bet that if this were a feature it would go virtually unused.
He said it'd both be toggleable and off by default. That paired with the fact that there's nothing private about active mutes makes the whole "embarrassing" argument irrelevant. As for players not using this, I highly doubt that. A feature like this would be super beneficial in team-based games where coordination and cooperation are a big factor... Simply knowing your teammate can't reply and isn't just ignoring their chat saves time and frustration.

If you were muted it's for breaking the rules and you should have thought twice.
This has nothing to do with the suggestion.
Also, in most punishments you get a warning first.
Also completely irrelevant.
So personally, I think that giving this privilege to muted people isn't a good idea. You should learn from your punishments.
Nothing you've said has anything to do with the suggestion... The muted player doesn't "gain" anything from this but instead, it clears up confusion between teammates (or just people chatting in a lobby) and ultimately makes other people's games go smoother.

Last edited:

quartz 🌈

Aug 12, 2020
the furry fandom
(Yes, I did get muted, but I'm not gonna complain about that since it was for a fair reason.)

So as of now, the only ways of showing someone you are muted from what I know, is putting on a skin that spells it out, or doing a custom duel with someone that has signs. Well not everyone wants to do those things.

So my solution to this is having it say (Muted) on the left side of your name, above your character and in the tab list. This would of course be a toggleable setting (off by default), and it would show this for main lobbies, game lobbies, and in-game before the game starts.

React with agree if you want this to be implemented.
React with unsure if you aren't sure whether you want this to be implemented or not.
React with disagree if you don't want this to be implemented.
hypixel sends you a message that the player you're trying to reach is muted, I think that would be a better idea

colinverp

May 5, 2020
Helmond netherlands
I think this could be a usefull feature. Although I don’t think it should be besides a new or on the tab list, I think that I’d a player tags you in the chat, he should get a message similar to the AFK messages when msg’ing someone that’s AFK, since some pestle don’t want you to know that they’re muted this should be toggleable. Also a good option would be in team gamemodes that you can enable an option that when a game starts, your team would get the message in chat: played_x (and player_2) have been muted. This way nobody gets the confusion but people would still be able to let someone know that they’re muted.

Lqndon

Jul 9, 2021
United States, Wisconsin
If people don't talk after playing with me for a while I just check the appeals site under the username of the player and it says if they are muted or not. I'm not really sure if this is allowed, I checked the rules if anything against this though nothing indicates that it's not allowed.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
If people don't talk after playing with me for a while I just check the appeals site under the username of the player and it says if they are muted or not. I'm not really sure if this is allowed, I checked the rules if anything against this though nothing indicates that it's not allowed.
They're public punishments so it's allowed

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
GiGaGekkies wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday
Saw this comment on YT the other day 🤣
IMG_5254.jpeg
Here's the scoreboard I made for BedWars Duos! (Team colors I used may not be used in the actual game)
1713525398483.png
Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
Top Bottom