Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

s4mways

Novice Member
May 12, 2023
www.twitch.tv
It would be nice to see a notification in the chat whenever someone buys a rank. Perhaps players could also 'thank" them. Thanking donators would give both parties 1xp.

You might think this is a small change however donators would get the recognition they deserve for supporting the server. I also believe that more players would buy a rank when they get a small amount of xp and the recognition.

Mr Jii Gamer

Jun 10, 2022
Algérie
youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
It would be nice to see a notification in the chat whenever someone buys a rank. Perhaps players could also 'thank" them. Thanking donators would give both parties 1xp.

You might think this is a small change however donators would get the recognition they deserve for supporting the server. I also believe that more players would buy a rank when they get a small amount of xp and the recognition.
I didn't understand what you mean?!
But you think if one buy a rank he will get a xp or the player who thanks him get it or what exactly!?!!!

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They

I would personally not want any more incentives to artificially increase your network level, levels already don't mean a lot since Experience Multipliers were introduced, especially around the times of the pandemic where a single multiplier could easily get you more than 100k experience in an hour.​

However, if gamemode-specific levels were ever introduced, I would not mind this idea at all, as long as it only affects your network EXP level.

• Agree
Reactions: Loskol

JellyFish01

Apr 2, 2024
We already get enough recognition. By buying rank, you add the prefix to tab, chat, lobby, pre-game lobby, and it already gives enough recognition to us. It's easily understandable that the player "donated" to the server. You can also change your ign's colour. If you have Obsidian, it's even more noticeable that the player bought a rank. I don't really think the term "donation" fits buying rank. I mean, you exchange your money to a rank. It's not really a donate. But, yes, Cube thanks us for buying ranks. This is just my opinion

Reactions: Eli

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I remember how before the monthly ranks were introduced, you would obtain a serverwide multiplier upon buying obsidian rank. The thank system is similar to the one you propose. I don't know the exact rewards of a thanks, but it was something like 100XP and 20 point per thanks.

Let's now say, you would activate that multiplier on peak hours right now, reaching maybe a thousand members online, and let's say all of those people also know how to thank and manage to do so, you would get 100.000 XP and 20.000 points.

I remember multipliers were popular before the personal multipliers became a thing. Right now, they are not even in the shop anymore. It would give a different reward depending on when you activate this. How I see this happening in reality:

I want to buy a rank, but I don't want to waste this 10GBP, so I wait for the perfect moment (1k people online). This moment doesn't come, however, which I then decide it might not be worth it to buy the rank at all. But, let's say this is all completely false and people would be stimulated to buy a rank for this: people would be annoyed by the amount of spam of these messages, as it would make sense for people to do it at the same time, which is the time people are most active on. Not only does this influence gameplay, but also the queue time, as a lot of people will get online and AFK for half an hour, just for the possible messages.

The point you make is negated as a whole already. You get almost more XP from winning one SkyWars game compared to an average amoung of people online that would thank you for a thing like this. So, XP rewards must be higher, but that brings a ton of problems like discussed above, but in addition it also would screw up dev time for people that would stop with subscribing to a rank every month and subscribe again next time for extra rewards.

Overall, I think this idea is complicated, brings a lot of negatives and eventually is just a waste of dev time.

• Agree
Reactions: s4mways and Loskol

s4mways

Novice Member
May 12, 2023
www.twitch.tv
ah I got what u meant, bonus xp for supporters right?
Not necessarily an XP bonus, I honestly just think that new players would quickly buy a rank after seeing a notification like this.

I understand it might not be convenient like Eli already said but I am talking business right now. I would rather get a few notifications in the chat if that helps the server.

s4mways

Novice Member
May 12, 2023
www.twitch.tv
I remember how before the monthly ranks were introduced, you would obtain a serverwide multiplier upon buying obsidian rank. The thank system is similar to the one you propose. I don't know the exact rewards of a thanks, but it was something like 100XP and 20 point per thanks.

Let's now say, you would activate that multiplier on peak hours right now, reaching maybe a thousand members online, and let's say all of those people also know how to thank and manage to do so, you would get 100.000 XP and 20.000 points.

I remember multipliers were popular before the personal multipliers became a thing. Right now, they are not even in the shop anymore. It would give a different reward depending on when you activate this. How I see this happening in reality:

I want to buy a rank, but I don't want to waste this 10GBP, so I wait for the perfect moment (1k people online). This moment doesn't come, however, which I then decide it might not be worth it to buy the rank at all. But, let's say this is all completely false and people would be stimulated to buy a rank for this: people would be annoyed by the amount of spam of these messages, as it would make sense for people to do it at the same time, which is the time people are most active on. Not only does this influence gameplay, but also the queue time, as a lot of people will get online and AFK for half an hour, just for the possible messages.

The point you make is negated as a whole already. You get almost more XP from winning one SkyWars game compared to an average amoung of people online that would thank you for a thing like this. So, XP rewards must be higher, but that brings a ton of problems like discussed above, but in addition it also would screw up dev time for people that would stop with subscribing to a rank every month and subscribe again next time for extra rewards.

Overall, I think this idea is complicated, brings a lot of negatives and eventually is just a waste of dev time.
I understand what you mean however it's not about the XP for me, more about the promotion.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Amazinq wrote on AlekoMC's profile.
noob
UncleSpect wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
thanks for the follow! 🤍
Almost 1k players on monday is really good!

2024-05-20_20.57.39.png
Frontlane wrote on AlekoMC's profile.
Happy birthday :)
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
I like what did you do in your pfp
Top Bottom