Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
So im thinking of trying to make an eggwars map. I'm not sure what sort of theme I want it to hav, or how many teams there should be, and how big those teams should be. What do people think?

Reactions: LlTE

LoveAndMafia

Dedicated Member
Oct 16, 2016
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
So im thinking of trying to make an eggwars map. I'm not sure what sort of theme I want it to hav, or how many teams there should be, and how big those teams should be. What do people think?
I wish you luck and patience, it is not easy to build a map.

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
Building the map is the easy part, the hard part is editing once you submitted, good luck!

I suggest building in a world with voxel sniper and world edit so you only need to make one island i submid and one mid. makes it a lot easier to keep them consistent.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Make a map with a mid with plenty of space to pvp, but also some nice spots to bow people off. Plenty of diamonds, gold and iron. No need to make mid symmetrical, it is actually nice to have different areas of mid being different to others.
Make the spawn islands big too with the egg in an area that isn't close to where the players spawn, so once you kill players you can actually break the egg instead of constant shopping (such as in maps like instruments).
Something like the greatest map "Teaparty" would work fine but make sure it is your own design my friend.

XtremeElectrix

Aug 13, 2016
The White House.
Make a map with a mid with plenty of space to pvp, but also some nice spots to bow people off. Plenty of diamonds, gold and iron. No need to make mid symmetrical, it is actually nice to have different areas of mid being different to others.
Make the spawn islands big too with the egg in an area that isn't close to where the players spawn, so once you kill players you can actually break the egg instead of constant shopping (such as in maps like instruments).
Something like the greatest map "Teaparty" would work fine but make sure it is your own design my friend.

This exactly how you make the ideal map.

FUNCTIONALITY before looks.
Cubecraft's builders are exceptional at what they do. That's no debate, but it's the PVP orientation that is setting a bad name for them.
We need exactly what you listed. Well thought out levels for diamond generators and gold generators. Specifically, levels that support high/low numbers of teams, and player count in general.

On top of this, we need to do the exact opposite of what Space does. Players should spawn like how they do on Kingdom, or Teaparty. BENEATH the layer the egg is on. Having punchers spawn directly next to you WITH invincibility makes getting the egg a living nightmare on maps like Space.

Consistency and variation goes a long way. Mid does not need to be perfectly identical on either side. It's great to have some variation, as you have mentioned, but there should not be inconsistencies that cause problems for players.

Teaparty is exactly how you do an eggwars map. It's not just my bias towards it that makes me claim it's the best map. It's the size of the map, the pvp orientation, and the map itself being perfectly welcoming of ANY strategy you like.

If builders followed this rule of thumb, I have no doubts we'd see an influx of great maps

Reactions: SpankMeSanta

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
actually i find this kinda of map VERY annoying to play on. Its nice for people less skilled in pvp because it gives other options but overall it lends itself to very long games and that is why a lot of people dislike maps like this and Teaparty

XtremeElectrix

Aug 13, 2016
The White House.
actually i find this kinda of map VERY annoying to play on. Its nice for people less skilled in pvp because it gives other options but overall it lends itself to very long games and that is why a lot of people dislike maps like this and Teaparty

OK so then by your logic we just need to make the map size slightly smaller and lower playercount. Simple

Nobody is saying we need all maps to be gigantic and be sized 40, we're saying that the maps need to be oriented more for every type of strategy and pvp itself.

Reactions: SpankMeSanta

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
OK so then by your logic we just need to make the map size slightly smaller and lower playercount. Simple

Nobody is saying we need all maps to be gigantic and be sized 40, we're saying that the maps need to be oriented more for every type of strategy and pvp itself.
yeah, but there can never be a map that is oriented for all strats, as someone who values rushing and speed in a game there is no way that a map could fit both my strat and someone who likes to bowspam.

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
There is a map oriented for all strats though, it's called teaparty.
tea party is the worst possible map for rushing, it is oriented 100% for one of 2 types of camping (island or mid). The distances between islands are massive and there are so many people that there is not chance of getting to the egg without teammates helping.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Eggwars has always been a strategy based game, NOT a pvp based game (although strong pvp helps a lot). Therefore, it is only logical that a map would be better if there were more opportunities to practice a large variety of strategies, rather than simple rushing and steak pvp (skills that you can just practice in solo/team skywars).
I am also interested into which statistics you took into account before making your "a lot of people dislike maps like this and teaparty" statement.
This exactly how you make the ideal map.

FUNCTIONALITY before looks.
Cubecraft's builders are exceptional at what they do. That's no debate, but it's the PVP orientation that is setting a bad name for them.
We need exactly what you listed. Well thought out levels for diamond generators and gold generators. Specifically, levels that support high/low numbers of teams, and player count in general.

On top of this, we need to do the exact opposite of what Space does. Players should spawn like how they do on Kingdom, or Teaparty. BENEATH the layer the egg is on. Having punchers spawn directly next to you WITH invincibility makes getting the egg a living nightmare on maps like Space.

Consistency and variation goes a long way. Mid does not need to be perfectly identical on either side. It's great to have some variation, as you have mentioned, but there should not be inconsistencies that cause problems for players.

Teaparty is exactly how you do an eggwars map. It's not just my bias towards it that makes me claim it's the best map. It's the size of the map, the pvp orientation, and the map itself being perfectly welcoming of ANY strategy you like.

If builders followed this rule of thumb, I have no doubts we'd see an influx of great maps
Spot on. Functionality first, aesthetics can be tweaked later. Its interesting because I find the "ugly" maps a lot more fun to play on than the "beautifully designed!!" maps, which are rather basic in terms of gameplay.

Reactions: XtremeElectrix

XtremeElectrix

Aug 13, 2016
The White House.
tea party is the worst possible map for rushing, it is oriented 100% for one of 2 types of camping (island or mid). The distances between islands are massive and there are so many people that there is not chance of getting to the egg without teammates helping.

OK, what exactly do you mean by "rushing"? Because, I rush bases ALL the time, except I go to mid first.
Teaparty does indeed give you any angle to attack from, but you sort of need gear to execute it seamlessly.

I rush all the time with iron gear and a bow and a sword. It's very easy to win games this way. However, it's not that 2 dimensional.

Camper? Hmm, maybe I'll camp at mid and get a pearl.
Maybe, I'll sky bridge to their base from lightblue.

This map does have an all strategy oriented game, but being a rusher only works for so long. Eventually you have to concede and obtain gear from mid.

Eggwars in no way encourages you to be a rusher. It's not mansion or rome. If you like rushing people and not eventually dying, play skywars.
Eggwars has generators, shops and high player counts for a reason. Being a rusher only works on some maps, and for varied periods of time before you get destroyed by somebody in superior gear.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Helloooo, no way the number one fact daily person are online!:D
299 more to 2 000... That is cool xD
ImLeave wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats again :)
ImLeave wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats!!!!
Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
hi pookie :3
Top Bottom