• Nay

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

ThatTicoGuy

Jun 5, 2020
Mexico
ticoeal.com
🤖Bot Idea🤖

I feel this might be useful for some users that use the discord server. I know that we have #staff-help on the server. However, I feel it would be quite nice that if someone wants to report a player on the server for advertising, attacking, harassment, and more it would be nice to have the option to send a message to a bot where that report will be forwarded to an mod/admin only channel.

❓Why Would this be Needed❓

I feel some users don't report on #staff-help as it's public and might be afraid to report a user there. The option for it to be anonymous should also be given as maybe a user wouldn't want to show who they are to the staff team as well. This bot could also be for users that are getting hateful dms from a specific user in the server and they don't want to address it publicly in #staff-help.

😲Only for the Discord Server😲

Since the forums already have a report system for Minecraft users and #staff-help isn't really dedicated to report players in-game I feel that this bot should only really be for the discord server.

💬 Reply Feature .💬

A reply feature can also be handy as the admin team can respond to the user saying that the report was dealt with. Here is a simple example of how this could be used:

User: "A user has been promoting content in the wrong channel, here is x evidence"

Admin response to user: "Hello, thanks for the report. May you please give more evidence? Thank you".

This response feature could be extremely useful when a user does not have sufficient evidence or someone was misusing it.

❌ Dealing with Misuse of the Bot ❌

I know there would be issues with users misuing this bot but those can be easily dealt with by giving them a warning. For anonymous users the staff team can also know who they are by doing a command that shows the discord id. This would only be used when a user is abusing the bot however. So real reports should stay anonymous.

⁉IS This Possible in Discord⁉

It is! I have a friend that made a discord bot that is like this for his own server and it works really well. Here is a screenshot of how his bot works in that server (I censored all things that might be classified as advertising):
Concept.png

That is all, I hope you all enjoy this suggestion!

Leroyy

Dedicated Member
Apr 13, 2018
Never give up on me!
your idea can certainly come in handy but it is something that cube wants. then don't become angry. but I think your idea is very well explained

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
I think it’s fine as it is now and I’m afraid that punishing people will take longer with this bot. When I say ‘spam in #media’ or ‘earraper in English #1’ in staff-help mods are always fast there.

Reactions: Pineapple

ThatTicoGuy

Jun 5, 2020
Mexico
ticoeal.com
I think it’s fine as it is now and I’m afraid that punishing people will take longer with this bot. When I say ‘spam in #media’ or ‘earraper in English #1’ in staff-help mods are always fast there.
In some ways my suggestion is mainly for users that do not want to address something publicly. I feel the examples you stated are common occurrences and happen quite often thus people are comfortable saying it in staff-help publicly. This bot system could take longer to respond but in some ways it could be used for more serious issues that users are having that they do not want to address publicly in staff-help. Of course users could just dm a certain staff member about this more serious situation. Yet the option to be anonymous should also be given if the user does not want to show their identity. I know there would need to be more evidence most of the time if the message is anonymous, but if the user feels comfortable knowing that their identity is sealed I feel the option should be given. That being said I see your point that staff-help is a simple and quick way to report users for more common issues. But for more complicated issues I feel this system can assist many.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
This is a very well explained idea and I voted yes. I’d like to explain why, I agree with everything you’ve said and I think having a more private way to report is necessary if Cubecraft wants to follow it’s goal of no bullying. If someone is being harassed they want an easy way to solve it without having to dm every moderator for help. I agree with @Goefy that channel rule breaking will be punished faster in Staff Help, however this bot still needs to exist for anonymous reports/private issues. I would like to see how this looks on the moderator side as I want to make sure it’s easy to use for a Discord server as large as Cubecraft. I really hope Cubecraft pursues this and if they don’t implement something similar to this I will be very disappointed. This isn’t just a fun feature but a necessary mean to protect people’s identities and prevent further harassment. +1

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
The idea is not bad, but I'm going to tell you why I think that things should stay like they are like now.
The idea isn't bad, because a bot might make things a little easier for the staff members, which is a plus.
A bot will make sure, that whatever has been sent and make sure that is will be seen.
Here are the problems:
Some people will start to abuse it, even if that is punishable, because this type of people wouldn't care at all.
Something might go wrong with the bot, which is normal, however we wouldn't to wait for something important to be seen, while it hasn't been sent for some reason, theoretically.
The conclusion is, that it's always better to send something to the real human(The staff member)
Sure, it may take a bit longer and there isn't a 100% chance that it will be seen, but, at least from the second or third attempt the message will be seen from the staff member and will get a reply.
Also, there are a few people that don't want to send something in the general staff-help channel, but that's why DM's exsist.

ThatTicoGuy

Jun 5, 2020
Mexico
ticoeal.com
The idea is not bad, but I'm going to tell you why I think that things should stay like they are like now.
The idea isn't bad, because a bot might make things a little easier for the staff members, which is a plus.
A bot will make sure, that whatever has been sent and make sure that is will be seen.
Here are the problems:
Some people will start to abuse it, even if that is punishable, because this type of people wouldn't care at all.
Something might go wrong with the bot, which is normal, however we wouldn't to wait for something important to be seen, while it hasn't been sent for some reason, theoretically.
The conclusion is, that it's always better to send something to the real human(The staff member)
Sure, it may take a bit longer and there isn't a 100% chance that it will be seen, but, at least from the second or third attempt the message will be seen from the staff member and will get a reply.
Also, there are a few people that don't want to send something in the general staff-help channel, but that's why DM's exsist.
I understand this, and the negatives are understandable. Abusing this bot is going to be an issue no matter what staff will do to prevent it. But I do not feel those messages will overflood the actual important messages. With your second point I do understand that this bot might go down. However I do not feel that this bot might have issues sending messages. If the bot is correctly programmed and bug tested it should run perfectly fine without any issues. These messages would also be sent to staff in a channel. I doubt that staff will ignore a channel dedicated for reports. Like I said in the original post as well there could be a reply feature where staff reply to this user via the bot. The bot in some ways is the middleman. You send a message the bot receives it and tells the staff about it. These messages are getting sent to real individuals as you said. The option to be anonymous should be given to individuals that do not want to reveal their identity. If you send a dm to a staff member they know who the individual is. I don't know how the staff operate, but I believe this can also help in more controversial issues where perhaps some staff are divided and have different ideas on how the report should be handled. When dming one staff member you are only telling it to one user. Compared to a bot where you are sending it to the whole staff team, thus the team could handle it together instead of only one individual. I don't know how private dm reports are operated so this might be incorrect. These users might be a minority on the server yet it's important for everyone to feel comfortable when reporting someone. If they don't feel comfortable talking about an issue in staff-help or in dms with one specific staff member then this bot could help them. Maybe the bot shouldn't be dedicated to lighter problems. But for larger and more serious issues where people want to address it privately to the staff team. Like I said if a user doesn’t want to reveal who they are because they might feel uncomfortable then the message can be anonymous.

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
Here are the problems:

I agree with you very much, but in the last section where they talk about the DM. I want to tell you that not all or the vast majority of the staff, have active the DM to the public, because it can be annoying or anything else that staffs do not like or just spam.

Reactions: LordSidi0us
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Top Bottom