Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should the build time be reverted back to 20 seconds?

• Yes

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters

GHSpaghetti

Dec 23, 2019
England
I would like to talk about why I am against this new change for the game.

I am currently top 5 on the leaderboards for this game and have played it excessively, i feel the 10 second increase has only made it so we have to wait longer to start playing.

Bedrock is extremely different from java and with the speedbridging mechanic it makes setting up alot easier.

The skill threshold on Bedrock is also alot lower than on Java so for top players you don't even need to put any defenses around your flag unless you are up against other top players or a group of hackers.

I grind this game and the 10 seconds extra has decreased the speed I can get wins, since most of the time the strategy is to mainly rush the flag as fast as possible it essentially boils down to preparing a speedbridge and waiting 20 seconds for the wall to disappear as opposed to 10. Especially when you are grinding over 300 wins a day, those 10 seconds add up, I would like the change to be reverted back on behalf of the whole Capture the flag leaderboard community.

This thread is in response to a thread made by @Technosword who got the 30 second wait time implemented in the first place. I will be leaving a new pole for people to vote again on to see the oppinion of the public after seeing my point of view.

This change is probably a change that can be made on java due to the slower pace of the game and the higher amount of skill and strategy needed to play, but on bedrock it just acts as an unwanted annoyance. Thank you for reading, leave oppinions in the comments i would like to see them :)

Edit: I would also like to add that on java once the build phase is over you are unable to build anymore whereas on bedrock that is completely different.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
Hey, you didn't add a poll, I won't vote though because my opinion is a little bias. ;)

Beller5

Apr 25, 2020
My Recliner
I would like to talk about why I am against this new change for the game.

I am currently top 5 on the leaderboards for this game and have played it excessively, i feel the 10 second increase has only made it so we have to wait longer to start playing.

Bedrock is extremely different from java and with the speedbridging mechanic it makes setting up alot easier.

The skill threshold on Bedrock is also alot lower than on Java so for top players you don't even need to put any defenses around your flag unless you are up against other top players or a group of hackers.

I grind this game and the 10 seconds extra has decreased the speed I can get wins, since most of the time the strategy is to mainly rush the flag as fast as possible it essentially boils down to preparing a speedbridge and waiting 20 seconds for the wall to disappear as opposed to 10. Especially when you are grinding over 300 wins a day, those 10 seconds add up, I would like the change to be reverted back on behalf of the whole Capture the flag leaderboard community.

This thread is in response to a thread made by @Technosword who got the 30 second wait time implemented in the first place. I will be leaving a new pole for people to vote again on to see the oppinion of the public after seeing my point of view.

This change is probably a change that can be made on java due to the slower pace of the game and the higher amount of skill and strategy needed to play, but on bedrock it just acts as an unwanted annoyance. Thank you for reading, leave oppinions in the comments i would like to see them :)

Edit: I would also like to add that on java once the build phase is over you are unable to build anymore whereas on bedrock that is completely different.
Hey there. I completely agree with this statement. I believe that the increase in build time was only implemented for the players that are either incompetent or new at the game. This also entirely disrupts the concept of the competitive aspect of the game, as the people that endlessly grinded the game before the build time lengthening now have an advantage, since, coincidentally the games now last longer. Along with GHSpaghetti, I am on the CTF Leaderboard, and I entirely agree with this thread. +1

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Voted no because games aren't changed so people farm wins faster. A change like this would only be logical if it were inclusive of the entire playerbase, you are basically just wanting this to be reverted for your and a few other's benefit. While ignoring the fact that a 10 second increase in the Build Phase allows less skilled players, or those who play on devices that aren't as good as PCs to have a greater chance up against others. Even if the impact is merely minimal, it's helpful. 10 seconds won't stop you from farming wins either.

Reactions: mitgobla

Beller5

Apr 25, 2020
My Recliner
Voted no because games aren't changed so people farm wins faster. A change like this would only be logical if it were inclusive of the entire playerbase, you are basically just wanting this to be reverted for your and a few other's benefit. While ignoring the fact that a 10 second increase in the Build Phase allows less skilled players, or those who play on devices that aren't as good as PCs to have a greater chance up against others. Even if the impact is merely minimal, it's helpful. 10 seconds won't stop you from farming wins either.
no u

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Top Bottom