Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her

“Road to Forum Conquest”

Hello, fellow CubeCrafters! Welcome to my roadmap on how to conquer the Forums. In just a few steps, you too can become a popular user and conquer the worl— Uh, I mean… the Forums!

Step 1
Get known. The community doesn’t bite! They are nice people; Well... most of them.

Step 2
Be active, but instead of posting unnecessary posts, contribute to the thread owners by proposing proper ideas, and giving useful and proper feedback...

*insert record scratch* Eh— what’s that? Oh, right. That was not the actual point of this thread! I fooled you, didn’t I?

No-no. This thread is supposed to be a celebration. To celebrate my 500 messages and 4 full years on the Forums! Oh and don’t forget about my almost 4,000 likes.

Alright, alright. So, I won’t be explaining how I got to know Cube and stuff about myself in this thread as I’ve dedicated several previous lengthy threads to that. The following links link you to those threads.

Links
First Introduction
Re-Introduction
Big Thanks

I’ve also already dedicated a thread (“A big thank you!”) to a lot of personal thank messages and more, but I wish to thank everyone again. Not by mentioning each of you in the thread personally, but just a general thank you here. You have been my support throughout these many years and you’ve kept me from feeling down at times. When reading this, some may know I am addressing them. That’s good! You all are awesome and keep being yourselves. That’s good enough!

A lot has happened in the time between when I left the staff team and now and that is what I wish to talk about in this thread as well as share with you all of the memories I’ve made with CubeCraft, other games I played and other friends I played with. Even those prior to me being incredibly active on Cube.

A number of you already know why I left CubeCraft’s staff team, but I am not here to tell you the reason why I left the staff team, so I won’t do it again. Instead, I am here to inform you all about the fun memories I made with and without you all in the meantime.

When I left, I still kept in contact with a number of staff and community members. I decided to keep playing Minecraft for a small while, though it was mainly modded smps with friends. Eventually, a friend of mine introduced me to a game called Dead by Daylight during a free-to-play weekend. I loved the game and they decided to gift me it.

Outside of school, I spent most of my time playing Dead by Daylight with that friend and some of their friends who also play it. I played it way too much, which led to it feeling rather repetitive and boring. The same friend who introduced me to DbD, then introduced me to Phasmophobia and also gifted me that. Again, I loved the game and played it way too much. Whilst it was and still is a very repetitive game, I kept playing it because playing it with friends and random lobbies made it way less boring.

Eventually, that friend stopped playing Phasmophobia due to the repetitiveness and so I was, in a way, also forced to quit, because I preferred to play it with friends and at that time, none of my other friends who had time played it. I was then introduced to Genshin Impact, which I still play (and tryhard) daily. I played a lot on my first account on Genshin Impact.

— If you are not interested in the part of my story about Genshin Impact, you might as well skip to the complete end… Just kidding, just skip three paragraphs ahead.

If you don’t already know, Genshin is a gacha game, and with the gacha system, you can wish for characters and weapons that you want and there is a certain chance to get it. The game also works with a pity system.

Enough about that, though. Where I’m trying to head is, around February 2021, a banner was released for my favourite character in the game yet. Unfortunately, I knew I wasn’t able to get that character on that account though, because I had already recently gotten a good character. That’s when I decided to create a new account. By some miracle, I instantly got the character I neglected the other account for and started maining the new account.

Aside from in-game content, I also decided to create a new Discord server dedicated to Genshin Impact. But that’s something that isn’t to be discussed here.

Like I said before, I still play Genshin Impact daily and I love the game. I also still play Dead by Daylight and Phasmophobia every now and then. It’s great to see that some members of Cube’s community also play these games and that really kept me interested in the community. Not only that, of course. A ton of you were also fun to chat with even though some weren’t acquainted with any of these games.

Aside from this lengthy story about games other than Minecraft, I also kept my Forums up to date every now and then and I lately have gotten more interested in CubeCraft (and Minecraft) again.

Firstly, I’m mentioning a previous suggestion thread of mine. Not many members make Tower Defence suggestions compared to suggestions for other games. Therefore, I decided to suggest some useful QOL features such as instant upgrades and toggleable enemy castle health. I’m proud of this particular suggestion because it was mentioned in the CubeRecap of May 2020. Hopefully, all these features will be implemented sometime.

Second, I want to mention the 2021 Spring Skin Contest. It was very fun to participate in and I’m proud of the skin I made. I’m glad to say I placed third in the contest and I’m happy for the winner and for every other participant as well. Everyone did a great job.

Contest Winners

PBFqiU4.png

— My contest entry.

As you can see, I enjoy spending my time on making skins and being creative. (Off-topic: I will possibly create a future thread about skins I have made in the past and rework them.) That brings us to what I want to discuss next.

A while ago, I helped my good friend, @Nyawh, out with a map submission. A while after they had attained feedback, we decided to pick it back up and start working on the map again. Sadly enough, the map submissions had been closed. Still, we decided to continue it and I helped with a lot of brainstorming and detailing. I think it turned out awesome!

HEfSrTB.png

— This is the final result. View the thread here.

I also still have some screenshots of a build I made with @Nyawh on a private server:

85LrSeW.png

— We built an awesome treehouse together. I alone made the tree using WorldEdit.

Here is the complete view.

Aside from these projects I have worked on, I also enjoy(ed) casually playing modded Minecraft with some of my friends. Even from way back in the day, I still have some screenshots.

Here are some moments I documented:

RLkOqAq.png

@dumfries eating a cooked turtle. How dare he! Pam’s Harvestcraft is truly a strange but wonderful mod…

nz4c7Tl.png

— A screenshot from the same smp in which @dumfries ate the turtle… Me and @Nyawh above bedrock in the Nether.

LVOEZ9n.png

— Top 10 moments taken right before disaster! ...or something.

I knew I eventually was going to make a recap thread/video about my experiences and my memories so I saved a few old pictures from back in 2018 when I had an smp with a very good friend of mine. Here are some screenshots of when my username was still MadnessAndChaos:

ttWiGVy.png

— A strange bug with the Animated Player Mod - Looked like I was swimming on land!

ryeioWY.png

— A random screenshot that shows our unfinished base… Before a Mothra blew it up, hehe.

P2cmsJ5.png

— And this last picture, that shows the same.

Truly, they were and are one of my best friends and I fortunately still have contact with them every now and then.

Those were some of my favourite memories I made, aside from one I haven’t mentioned yet. I think it honestly deserves an honourable mention in this thread:

liuMAqV.png

— This screenshot was taken when I was still a moderator. I was just messing around with some modifications and decided to use the Mine Little Pony mod on Cube for fun. I asked both @Nyawh and @dumfries to join me with the mod, as they thought it looked interesting. We used the mod for quite a while.

When I was younger, I used to enjoy My Little Pony a lot. I still do in a way. That is something I am not ashamed of, even if others may call it childish. I am not a brony or anything, but using these kinds of mods just brings me a strong feeling of nostalgia. And to be able to do this with friends, mess around with this kind of stuff without being judged (like being called cringy), is great and should be cherished. That’s why I decided to include this in here.
(@Nyawh, we should do this again sometime heheh.)

I’ve made so many great friends within this community and I hope to make even more. Being a part of it has helped me greatly. I used to feel anxious when talking in calls, but look how far I’ve come already!

I also made a Staff Rank timeline (without the exact dates unfortunately) for no reason:

xs4p6Jc.png
R1OLeFQ.png
LcOouNO.png

Aside from that, I also captured some silly moments I thought would be fun to share in the future:

rLKB3dH.png

— My 66,666 points? That’s... Cursed?

ssvbgIt.png

— @dumfries… Really.

My Plans for the Future

I want to talk about what I always have been meaning to (want to) do.

I’ve always wanted to be a content creator, but I felt like the time wasn’t right yet because all the recordings I made were rather laggy. My computer just wasn’t good enough to handle the recordings and the games at once. Therefore I waited, and waited… And waited for that time to come.

Fortunately, I recently got a PC upgrade, as I mentioned in my status. I am now able to record my games whilst still having them run smoothly. This means I can start recording videos! One of my dearest friends, not from this community, is willing to back me up with everything I do towards my goal of becoming a content creator. I certainly hope the rest of my friends are willing to help me and back me up as well. This has been a dream of mine for a very long time now and I finally wish to fulfill it.

If I do start publishing videos, I will have to start off easy. I might just start off with having a clips channel. Then, I will slowly work towards short videos, and eventually both longer videos and clips. I will post content only which I like myself. So if there’s nothing about it that you enjoy, don’t give me negative comments. Nobody deserves negative comments about the content they post that they like. I hope that everyone who reads this, takes this advice in and respects every channel out there. Even if the content isn’t the best for your likes, they are still trying!

If you read this entire thread, you’re insane! But thank you so much if you did. I wished to share all of my memories and experiences with y’all because you mean so much to me!

~ A wild Hoshi / Jade / Snow

ENDERIUM

Dedicated Member
May 22, 2021
THE END
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Today is the 8th...
Also here's Ender's Official Guide to Clout on Cubecraft:

1) Quit Java, play Bedrock
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

2) Become Enderman
amogusugoma
welcome to enderman fam innit

3) PVP Technoblade Stans + Unsubscribe to Technoblade
technoblade bad
enderman good

Grove

Nov 4, 2020
Sinnoh
Become a content creator! I've always wanted to do that myself and it looks super fun! I'll be your first fan too :D

• Love
Reactions: Hoshi

Alexp192

Honor and Glory!
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
May 6, 2018
España, Andalucia
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Nice thread!
If you are going to start uploading content on youtube I recommend you to make "shorts"
I have gained +1200 subscribers with this type of videos (Random ideas, trolling guys/PvP combos on CubeCraft, etc...)

GL in all :D

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Nice thread!
If you are going to start uploading content on youtube I recommend you to make "shorts"
I have gained +1200 subscribers with this type of videos (Random ideas, trolling guys/PvP combos on CubeCraft, etc...)

GL in all :D
Thank you! This thread took me two days to write (excluding the time in between where I didn’t know what to write anymore lmao).

I guess I will have to repost the clips I posted as shorts then... Couldn’t figure out how to do it on pc only to find out it’s a mobile thing :facepalm:

Alexp192

Honor and Glory!
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
May 6, 2018
España, Andalucia
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Thank you! This thread took me two days to write (excluding the time in between where I didn’t know what to write anymore lmao).

I guess I will have to repost the clips I posted as shorts then... Couldn’t figure out how to do it on pc only to find out it’s a mobile thing :facepalm:
with sony vegas is very easy

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
help I haven't done ANYTHING I wanna do something:((((
JokeKaedee wrote on Thjis's profile.
Ty for following 🍪 ❤️
help I can't decide between drawing and writing
Top Bottom