Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should this be added?

• Yes.

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes but it needs a bit more thought.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes but it needs major rethinking and balancing.

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
These are just a few idea that I came up with for block-wars that I personally think would make the gameplay more fun, interesting and a lot more intense. These are my personal opinions, if you have any ideas on how they could be improved them feel free to comment feedback.

Now these the first 3 of these are connected :p to add one you'd have to add all of them, to understand it and see the entire concept I'm going for you'll have to read them all.

My first idea is:

Upgradable Flag/Block:
I think through the game to make things more intense and something to work for, you should be able to upgrade the flags mining time so it takes longer for the other team to mine it. This could go through different block mining times from wool/sand to obsidian. This would change the game gradually and make the other team have to change tactics to find the best way to take the attention away from the person they are sending to the flag.

Pickaxe and Blocks Shop:
Now to balance out the block mining speed, you would need better tools to mine the different blocks. These could range from a normal wooden pickaxe for the mining speed suck as cobble to and efficiency 3 diamond pickaxe for the mining time like obsidian. This shop would also have different blocks inside ranging with different durability's from clay/cobble to obsidian.

Money for kills/kill-streaks:
Now I'm not sure if this should be for kills or just kill-streaks, kill-streaks being consecutive kills without dying. But to be able to buy the upgrades and pickaxes you would need some kind of economy. For each kill I think to tackle this you should get a point/1 money (iron ingot) towards paying for each of these things. This would also mean the higher the upgrade the higher the cost.

Now I know a lot of you might hate this idea because it would mean a drastic change. I've only suggested them though because I think it would make the game more interesting than just running from one end to the other repeatedly. Personally I think the idea could do with balancing and improving and that where other peoples ideas would help :p

Now the last thing:

Losing the timer:
I think the timer countdown should be taken away and replaced with a certain amount of flags you need to capture to win. This would stop people leaving the game as much because at the moment most people leave when they are losing because there is only a certain amount of time left and they know they aren't going to win. Therefore team switching happens. If you had to get to a certain amount of points, say 5 points, there will always be that chance that if you are losing 4-0, you can still bring it back by capturing 5 flags before the other team has capture the last one. This would mean there would be a lot more intense fights and a lot more close calls and generally make the game more exciting in my opinion. There would always be a winning team instead of a draw where no one really gets anything as well. Me personally as well have always got annoyed when you are in the middle of a good fight and then suddenly the timer runs out and everything is over.

Thanks for looking over this and like I said, feedback and ideas are always appreciated and welcomed. I haven't seen a block-wars update in a while and I think it could do with a bit more than just a couple of maps. If this idea is really bad and you hate it, be sure to share that too xD
<333

Improvement suggestions:
@♡♡♡♡ - limited time team buffs upgrading e.g. pickaxes instead of permanently bought items.
@Da_Steel_Dragon - no obsidian mining time. A lot less.

Last edited:

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
I really like all of these ideas! ♡ The economy suggestion would be great for supporting more organization as you would just feed people upgrades by running in alone and dying but this might also make it very difficult to turn around a game that you are losing. I would personally love to see upgrades be team upgrades instead of upgrades for a single player as blockwars is heavily team oriented which I like ♡ Maybe a player who has revived a ton of kills could spend them on pickaxe upgrades and buffs for your team. These could possibly be temporary as well so one team doesn't get invincible. ♡ Also a lot the games I've played of blockwars have ended in ties where a team is about to score a point right before the timer ends so I would really like the timer to be removed ♡ Some really nice ideas here ♡ :3

Reactions: Jaistrix

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
It sounds like a mix between Eggwars & Blockwars which is both good and bad in my opinion. Good because it would make the game a lot more interesting to say the least. As you said, it adds a lot more tactics to the game rather than endlessly running from one end of the map to the other.

I also love the idea about changing the timer to a set point limit, it would give people a shred of hope to win the game instead of leaving and causing team switches. I'm always the guy who stumbles off into the void just as someone leaves on the other team, meaning I get switched for being an idiot xD

The bad point is the amount of time it takes to mine obsidian. I feel like it would be almost impossible to to get the flag at this point, as the enemy can just tap or walk in front of you to stop you mining it. With the flag located close to spawn there is gonna be bunches of enemies spam hitting you just to put you off (even if your teammates defend you, they can't stop every enemy that comes especially with the relatively short respawn times).

Obvious solution to this is to buy a diamond pickaxe, but I assume that would be pretty expensive and mean you have to fight at least 5 times and survive (a hard task with slow health regen, especially if its a 2 v 1 which is common in Blockwars). Even after all THAT, you have to make it to the enemy flag alive and buy enough time to mine it, while the whole enemy team spams you to death.

I don't know, it just seems like that situation would be almost impossible to beat to me. So maybe keep the whole idea, just remove obsidian mining times?

Iggleboz

Aug 30, 2016
Neutral Bay
www.youtube.com
I really like all of these ideas! ♡ The economy suggestion would be great for supporting more organization as you would just feed people upgrades by running in alone and dying but this might also make it very difficult to turn around a game that you are losing. I would personally love to see upgrades be team upgrades instead of upgrades for a single player as blockwars is heavily team oriented which I like ♡ Maybe a player who has revived a ton of kills could spend them on pickaxe upgrades and buffs for your team. These could possibly be temporary as well so one team doesn't get invincible. ♡ Also a lot the games I've played of blockwars have ended in ties where a team is about to score a point right before the timer ends so I would really like the timer to be removed ♡ Some really nice ideas here ♡ :3
These are just a few idea that I came up with for block-wars that I personally think would make the gameplay more fun, interesting and a lot more intense. These are my personal opinions, if you have any ideas on how they could be improved them feel free to comment feedback.

Now these the first 3 of these are connected :p to add one you'd have to add all of them, to understand it and see the entire concept I'm going for you'll have to read them all.

My first idea is:

Upgradable Flag/Block:
I think through the game to make things more intense and something to work for, you should be able to upgrade the flags mining time so it takes longer for the other team to mine it. This could go through different block mining times from wool/sand to obsidian. This would change the game gradually and make the other team have to change tactics to find the best way to take the attention away from the person they are sending to the flag.

Pickaxe and Blocks Shop:
Now to balance out the block mining speed, you would need better tools to mine the different blocks. These could range from a normal wooden pickaxe for the mining speed suck as cobble to and efficiency 3 diamond pickaxe for the mining time like obsidian. This shop would also have different blocks inside ranging with different durability's from clay/cobble to obsidian.

Money for kills/kill-streaks:
Now I'm not sure if this should be for kills or just kill-streaks, kill-streaks being consecutive kills without dying. But to be able to buy the upgrades and pickaxes you would need some kind of economy. For each kill I think to tackle this you should get a point/1 money (iron ingot) towards paying for each of these things. This would also mean the higher the upgrade the higher the cost.

Now I know a lot of you might hate this idea because it would mean a drastic change. I've only suggested them though because I think it would make the game more interesting than just running from one end to the other repeatedly. Personally I think the idea could do with balancing and improving and that where other peoples ideas would help :p

Now the last thing:

Losing the timer:
I think the timer countdown should be taken away and replaced with a certain amount of flags you need to capture to win. This would stop people leaving the game as much because at the moment most people leave when they are losing because there is only a certain amount of time left and they know they aren't going to win. Therefore team switching happens. If you had to get to a certain amount of points, say 5 points, there will always be that chance that if you are losing 4-0, you can still bring it back by capturing 5 flags before the other team has capture the last one. This would mean there would be a lot more intense fights and a lot more close calls and generally make the game more exciting in my opinion. There would always be a winning team instead of a draw where no one really gets anything as well. Me personally as well have always got annoyed when you are in the middle of a good fight and then suddenly the timer runs out and everything is over.

Thanks for looking over this and like I said, feedback and ideas are always appreciated and welcomed. I haven't seen a block-wars update in a while and I think it could do with a bit more than just a couple of maps. If this idea is really bad and you hate it, be sure to share that too xD
<333
I think that you have a good vague idea about how to make Blockwars more tense and enjoyable. However, I think that the idea of upgrading your flag would just make the game far more boring and therefore annoying. The mining speed is just right as it is, but the tons of teammates that are constantly fighting off everybody attacking their flag would be too much if the mining speed was slower. There is usually one team attacking and one team defending, the team defending would easily overpower, but they would be defending, so no one would win and the game would just drag on.

This also means I don't think the pickaxe idea should be implemented. I do, however, think that the pickaxes (at least on the miner kit) should be faster. It would make the game more tense for defenders by having their flag protection being mined through quicker, and the attackers would benefit from not having extremely slow wooden pickaxes (or stone).

This would mean that the iron ingot thing would scrap, but I think you should get more CubeCraft points for kill-streaks. (First kill = 1 pt, second kill = 2pt), so that in a kill-streak you would have 3 pts instead of 2, and so on depending on the kills. I don't know if this is a good idea or not, so somebody else can reply. :)

The no-timer thing is DEFINATELY a great idea. The timer, in my opinion, doesn't do any good, because any strategy that exploits the no-timer rule can just be countered just by breaking the flag. All the points you raised, you raised, so I don't need to repeat them.

-Thank you for your time, iggleboz.

Nomyt

Feb 12, 2017
I think there has to be some kind of time limit. Otherwise people just camp in impossible to reach places and you can't do anything about it. The timer give the team for of an insentive to actually achieve the goal. I can see where you are coming from but some tweaking may be needed before they implement it (if the decide to).

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
I think there has to be some kind of time limit. Otherwise people just camp in impossible to reach places and you can't do anything about it. The timer give the team for of an insentive to actually achieve the goal. I can see where you are coming from but some tweaking may be needed before they implement it (if the decide to).
Camping in blockwars would make you lose though as your not defending your core/flag O_o

Nomyt

Feb 12, 2017
Camping in blockwars would make you lose though as your not defending your core/flag o_O
I know, but the timer just gives more of an insentive to get the win quickly rather than just camping and slowly winning. BUT I can see that without the timer it would make for longer games which could be quite fun.

Reactions: Power Ranger

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Idk if this is already suggested, but i like this new version of blockwars very much! It uses more strategy than just rushing for the flag! Although I also like the old gamemode, i mean, I'm very into rushing, but i like also strategy based games! So could this maybe be an another section, i mean we have CTF and the other one (forgot the name, lmao) so maybe there could be 3 sections? If so, how would you call this new version of blockwars?

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
Idk if this is already suggested, but i like this new version of blockwars very much! It uses more strategy than just rushing for the flag! Although I also like the old gamemode, i mean, I'm very into rushing, but i like also strategy based games! So could this maybe be an another section, i mean we have CTF and the other one (forgot the name, lmao) so maybe there could be 3 sections? If so, how would you call this new version of blockwars?
The other ones core mode right? :p I do like this, I think I would actually end up missing the version it is now if they replaced it. Especially as these suggestions might end up changing the gameplay dramatically.
Edit:
Umm... a name for it... I'm so bad at thinking up names xD

Reactions: Komodо
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

LukaG_ wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Thanks for all of your time as a helper and good luck in the future!
LukaG_ wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats on your promotion!
LukaG_ wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Mr Frontlane. I think this is now the correct orange that I missed! Congrats 👏👏
Matriox wrote on Basketman's profile.
1716203046192.png
Matriox wrote on Eli's profile.
🐉
Top Bottom