Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Firstly, please do not refer to something as "AIDS", while you may perceive it as a joke, it is a life-threatening virus that people do have to live through.
True
Can you guys possibly implement the 1.8 PvP system onto eggwars or like blockwars because the 1.9 pvp is quite AIDS and pretty bad for competitive games. I don't know if people already suggested this, but I'm bringing it back up since I pvp quite often and it's very hard to not spam click :(

Most players also perfer 1.7/1.8 pvp

Best regards,
whitpillow
We have 1.8 combat for EggWars.. For BlockWars its coming soon... (maybe)

Max ♠

Forum Expert
Feb 20, 2016
North pole
Last time I checked 1.8 combat was spam combat so how come the 1.9 with lower hit speed is not 1.8 eggwars(not 100% on sure for the other game modes)? Exceptions being having shields, different arrows, and food regen that can stop you from being cleaned up, I see no problem here. You can still use the flint and steel in your offhand, its just the fishing rod that you cant use.To be honest the fishing rods new functuality is better since how much people like to run away, and if you time it right they will be launched right back to you(but since it's broke right now you can't do that)
So some people do really think 1.8 is just spam clicking.. Like.. Honestly.. Have you played 1.8 for over a few weeks? I get 6~7 cps but I destroy people with higher cps that don't know how to strafe, use a rod, w-tap etc. My opinion is pretty much the opposite of yours I think. Shields are just an awfull replacement for blockhitting, the food regen gives kids that don't know how to pvp a chanse to be annoying and keep healing. The offhand is poorly coded, the fishing rod is awfull & useless. Have you ever fought someone that knows how to use a fishing rod properly? It's pretty much impossible to fight someone that knows how to rod not having something to counter it.

Some people like 1.9, I think its awfull. For me it completely trashed pvp. Mojang already messed up pvp with 1.8, awfull blockhit animation, awfull hit detection (in comparison to 1.7).

In case you're wondering, I don't hate 1.9 because I'm bad at it. I'm pretty decent, not amazing. I just don't like it.

awesomebutter234

Jun 12, 2016
So some people do really think 1.8 is just spam clicking.. Like.. Honestly.. Have you played 1.8 for over a few weeks? I get 6~7 cps but I destroy people with higher cps that don't know how to strafe, use a rod, w-tap etc. My opinion is pretty much the opposite of yours I think. Shields are just an awfull replacement for blockhitting, the food regen gives kids that don't know how to pvp a chanse to be annoying and keep healing. The offhand is poorly coded, the fishing rod is awfull & useless. Have you ever fought someone that knows how to use a fishing rod properly? It's pretty much impossible to fight someone that knows how to rod not having something to counter it.

Some people like 1.9, I think its awfull. For me it completely trashed pvp. Mojang already messed up pvp with 1.8, awfull blockhit animation, awfull hit detection (in comparison to 1.7).

In case you're wondering, I don't hate 1.9 because I'm bad at it. I'm pretty decent, not amazing. I just don't like it.
The shield is usefull against arrows, how else would you cross peoples bridges or defense against the onslaught of camper arrows? Strafind and w-tapping is still pretty much the same with some slight differences. The shield is >> than blockhitting since it prevents you from getting knocked off by arrows(which in most game modes is invaluable) rather than neglecting some damage.Also due to the slower combat you can block hits and then punish people. How many times have you played any type of minigame and gotten cleaned up, also if somebody is allowed to regen then its you fault, the 1.8 combat tears through the food regen. As I said before the fishing rod right now is broken, and the new function seems like a decent trade off( getting a combat advantage against being able to pull your opponent back if they run) though its very arguable. You can test the fishing rod by using animals in a single player world, and you can make them work on players.(Make sure you have some distabce on what you are trying to rod) I do know the advantages of usign fishing rods, I use them sometimes when I got back to 1.8 combat.(I can only manage to use it before the fight and sometimes during the fight though)

Max ♠

Forum Expert
Feb 20, 2016
North pole
The shield is usefull against arrows, how else would you cross peoples bridges or defense against the onslaught of camper arrows?
Maybe not suck at building a bridge? Walking backwards & spamming blocks underneath you is pretty efficient.. Shields just took this away making the game easier, no challenge.'

Strafind and w-tapping is still pretty much the same with some slight differences.
You don't have to strafe as much in 1.9, if people miss a hit they have to wait for 0.497 seconds anyway to hit again. Whether you're standing still or not, again, making the game easier.

The shield is >> than blockhitting since it prevents you from getting knocked off by arrows
Oh yeah, obviously. Im trying to build up, my shield activates when I dont want it to. Amazing, way better than blockhitting indeed.

How many times have you played any type of minigame and gotten cleaned up,
Not that much, if I see someone coming to clean up I just run away, let them kill my opponent and kill them afterwards

also if somebody is allowed to regen then its you fault, the 1.8 combat tears through the food regen.
Lol? If you're in a game of skywars & eat a gap mid fight you regen a lot, you dont tear trough it in "1.8" mode.

As I said before the fishing rod right now is broken, and the new function seems like a decent trade off( getting a combat advantage against being able to pull your opponent back if they run) though its very arguable. You can test the fishing rod by using animals in a single player world, and you can make them work on players.(Make sure you have some distabce on what you are trying to rod) I do know the advantages of usign fishing rods, I use them sometimes when I got back to 1.8 combat.
I don't see the 1.9 fishing rods being usefull..

Randomguy1: "Hey! He's running away lets pull him back with a rod!"
*Randomguy1 pulls back Randomguy2*
*Randomguy2 turns around and runs the other way using his momentum*
*Randomguy1 tries to hit Randomguy2 but most likely misses anyway*

Or:

*Randomguy2 places a block behind him so he can't get pulled back*

awesomebutter234

Jun 12, 2016
Elaborate on how to build a bridge in such a matter that bows dont matter, or campers can't get you. You never mentioned eating gaps in the other post and also 1.8 gapples made you invinsible so dont be complaining about gaps giving to much healing. Try to fight someone in 1.9 that knows how to fight and stand still(it wont go well for you) The shield thing does happen somewhat often, even though its not that big of a deal if you keep clicking instead of holding it down(Why would you hold it down, dont complain about having to spam the button) I think you dont know the definition of cleaning up, cleaning up is when your opponent got a kill that made them have lower health and you finished them off. Also if your opponent has enough health to fight back thats not cleaning up.(If they around below half health then thats a cleanup) When you are runnigg away you are more pron to make bad decisions also you would need to know that your opponent has a fishing rod. Even if you F5 your turning is weird so when you do get pulled your turn is going to be weird and cost you some time, repeat this process and opponent is dead.

Max ♠

Forum Expert
Feb 20, 2016
North pole
Elaborate on how to build a bridge in such a matter that bows dont matter, or campers can't get you. You never mentioned eating gaps in the other post and also 1.8 gapples made you invinsible so dont be complaining about gaps giving to much healing.
Gap = golden apple, not a god apple/notch apple

Try to fight someone in 1.9 that knows how to fight and stand still(it wont go well for you)
I never said you could stand still, I only said you dont have to strafe as much.

The shield thing does happen somewhat often, even though its not that big of a deal if you keep clicking instead of holding it down(Why would you hold it down, dont complain about having to spam the button)
I spam click my blocks always, in case someone decides to shoot at you. The shield only blocks arrows from 1 side, not all 4.

I think you dont know the definition of cleaning up, cleaning up is when your opponent got a kill that made them have lower health and you finished them off. Also if your opponent has enough health to fight back thats not cleaning up.(If they around below half health then thats a cleanup)
Attacking someone when they are in a fight/just finished fighting is a cleanup. Not just when they're at 1 heart, thats 1-tapping. If it's only a cleanup when you're at 1 heart/half a heart and you can't figth back I've been cleaned barely, maybe 5 times in the past year. (when I somewhat care about staying alive)

When you are runnigg away you are more pron to make bad decisions also you would need to know that your opponent has a fishing rod. Even if you F5 your turning is weird so when you do get pulled your turn is going to be weird and cost you some time, repeat this process and opponent is dead.
You can trow your fishing rod from about 15 blocks, this takes around 5 seconds to sprint-jump and it takes about 3 seconds for your rod. You have 1 shot to use your fishing rod. Given that this is cubecraft & most people scroll it will probably take over 2 seconds to effectively hit their rod on their opponent. In which case, your opponent is gone. If you decide to chase them it might be as much of a use of a 1.8 rod. Only thing is, 1.8 rod also benefits you not chasing someone.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
Top Bottom