Do you agree?

• Yes

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 15 71.4%

• Total voters

Finnan

Feb 15, 2018
Just like Eggwars, I think that all minigames on Cubecraft should have 2 modes. A mode for 1.9 combat and another mode for 1.8 combat. This way, players will be able to play all of Cubecraft's minigames in their preferred combat style.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Why did you title this thread: "Trash and Okay"?
Most gamemodes should have a 1.8 alternative, like Shame L said, games like free build don't exactly matter. It would be cool if they even had a 1.7 alternative...

Reactions: Shrek Trained Me

Finnan

Feb 15, 2018
Why did you title this thread: "Trash and Okay"?
Most gamemodes should have a 1.8 alternative, like Shame L said, games like free build don't exactly matter. It would be cool if they even had a 1.7 alternative...
I didn't title this thread "Trash and Okay"?

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
I am not one to play 1.8 all the time as I play 1.9+ but if cubecraft makes more things for 1.8, how would that effect us players in 1.9+? If there is freebuild, minerware and etc. in 1.8, how does that effect us? It really doesn't. Just simply don't play the game! :P

Reactions: BadGuy

Phoah

Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands.
My option is, Cubecraft is a big server but you know that and it would be nice if there more games can become 1.8 pvp. But not for every gamemode maybe only at the pvp minigames, Skywars and Eggwars are the most populair minigames. This games should be 1.8, Lucky Islands, HungerGames, Tower Defence and PvP and ofcourse Skywars and Eggwars, I hope that you like that! Great suggestion mate! :D

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
@effot Let's also add 1.9.2, 1.10, 1.11, 1.11.1, and keep the original 1.9 after updating to 1.13 as they have differences /s

PvP = Go for it. No other major sever has FFA that I know of
SG = Maybe. Community seems to be fine with either version, don't know how many new players it would bring in
Everything else = No chance

Tower Defence
@CommunistCactus Send this guy off to gulag

Finnan

Feb 15, 2018
My option is, Cubecraft is a big server but you know that and it would be nice if there more games can become 1.8 pvp. But not for every gamemode maybe only at the pvp minigames, Skywars and Eggwars are the most populair minigames. This games should be 1.8, Lucky Islands, HungerGames, Tower Defence and PvP and ofcourse Skywars and Eggwars, I hope that you like that! Great suggestion mate! :D
Yeah, that is what I meant! No point having a 1.8 mode for Freebuild etc.

Reactions: Phoah
D

Deleted member 324613

1.8 is pretty trashy haha (and dead on cubecraft) so it should just be removed entirely. Then the developers can focus entirely on updates for the main 1.9+ servers :)

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
1.8 is pretty trashy haha (and dead on cubecraft) so it should just be removed entirely. Then the developers can focus entirely on updates for the main 1.9+ servers :)
It's not dead at all, it may not be as popular but the players on 1.8 are better than those on 1.9, I never play 1.9 (thus im trash at it) and I do the same on both 1.8 and 1.9. lots of players would leave CubeCraft if they removed 1.8.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
I’ve said this before but most of the games are incompatible or pointless to add

Minerware has minimum PvP so it doesn’t really need to be added
Tower defence has no PvP
All arcade games except barn brawl would be either incompatible due to things like elytras in wing rush or aren’t fighting based
Archer assault isn’t a melee combat based game
Bingo has no PvP
Lobby games have no PvP
Skywars and eggwars are already 1.8
Duels has a 1.8 mode and FFA does too
Freebuild obviously no PvP
Even if parkour was released no PvP

So you tell me is it completely worth it to update the whole server?

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
I’ve said this before but most of the games are incompatible or pointless to add

Minerware has minimum PvP so it doesn’t really need to be added
Tower defence has no PvP
All arcade games except barn brawl would be either incompatible due to things like elytras in wing rush or aren’t fighting based
Fair enough.
Archer assault isn’t a melee combat based game
Bow is different in both versions, the 1.9 bow is less accurate
Bingo has no PvP
PvE is the same thing, also different world generation
Lobby games have no PvP
The point of lobby games is for them to be a waiting game, kind of like parkour, they should be in 1.8, why not?
Skywars and eggwars are already 1.8
Duels has a 1.8 mode and FFA does too
Freebuild obviously no PvP
Even if parkour was released no PvP
Understandable, except for the part where you say duels has 1.8 pvp, the cooldownless mode is far different from normal 1.8 PVP. That is not an excuse for them not have it based in 1.8.
So you tell me is it completely worth it to update the whole server?
Most of it yes.
But a huge part of having the entire server on a different version is so players don't have to restart their client if they want to play bingo or skywars.

F

Facelurite

World generation in bingo is incompatible below 1.11. Besides PvE is better in 1.11 no question.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
Bow is different in both versions, the 1.9 bow is less accurate
Wrong. Did 4 tests in a superflat, 2 came out in favor of 1.8, 2 in favor of 1.12. It's all luck

PvE is the same thing, also different world generation
not even responding to this, completely stupid

The point of lobby games is for them to be a waiting game, kind of like parkour, they should be in 1.8, why not?
Ever heard of developing time

Most of it yes.
But a huge part of having the entire server on a different version is so players don't have to restart their client if they want to play bingo or skywars.
65-70% of server players are 1.9+ and 85+% of players in general are on 1.9+. Awful argument, and build battle alone would probably do more than

Attachments

• Screenshot (85).png
    Screenshot (85).png
    671.3 KB · Views: 95
  • Screenshot (86).png
    Screenshot (86).png
    1.1 MB · Views: 100

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
not even responding to this, completely stupid
What, PVE in 1.8 is stressful as it is, now we need cooldowns

Ever heard of developing time
That applies to any game
65-70% of server players are 1.9+ and 85+% of players in general are on 1.9+. Awful argument, and build battle alone would probably do more than
Is that real data? Let me look at your source please? Also changing clients is straight up annoying, also that means you have to download mods for both versions and is just an overall pain in the ass. I know cube doesn't really care, what if they were to just merge the free build lobbies? Just allow 1.8 clients in free build. When a 1.10 player places concrete the 1.8 one will see clay and substitutes like this can be made for each block.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

to the very few 5 or less people who are concerned about fhg dont worry its not going anywhere i just dont feel like writing at all and im disappointed in myself so

dw its not that deep
Desiderata wrote on caraMel's profile.
cara mel you are my biggest hater ily
1714232286010.png
Desiderata wrote on Centuria's profile.
congrats on being able to drive a car

should've said it here instead of posting it on the fhg topic :(
will you guys still love me if chapter 4 turns out to be shorter and more underwhelming
Xi1m wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
if u havent kept up with the jjk leaks then dont watch
but if you want spoilers well…
Top Bottom