Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Update review!! I'll go over the general stuff, then go to the games from left to right.
NOTE: This is feedback, not suggestions. please don't burn me down, this is just my opinion for Team CubeCraft

Lobby and general
Lobby looks stunning in new fashion. First time I logged on after hearing from the update (which made me think of doing an update review like this one) I had really high hopes! I hadn't seen anything of the update so far, so I tried the new parkour and looked around for quite some time!
-----
+ Looks are great!
+ New parkour POG
+ Bridge on the right side of the lobby at the river are now expended with the new dam. I know that wasn't the intention of building them, but they certainly help
+ Atlethics track around the soccer/football (dont get me into that discussion pls) field makes it feel like a whole!
+ Removing the dock and adding the train track there is huge for the lobby in my opinion!
+ New UI looks much cleaner in 90% of the cases. I saw people complain it makes it look messier and everything, but most of the new look looks better. There is still a lot of improvement possible / necessary, but that's for another time and only on suggestion of the community
+ NPC's and Game Banners received a massive upgrade. Please do not remove the chicken with the crossbow from the EggWars NPC ever.
+ Legacy achievements!! YES! thanks so much for bringing that in a clear menu! Miss those games a lot... 😭
= Rank Badges are quite clear now. However, showing the new name colours (even though they are awesome) in the tab menu, quickly identifying a rank of a player is very hard. I personally dislike the change of putting the name colour in the tab menu, but I understand it.
= The route of the train looks a lot simplified, which is great. Now the only thing left is a train in Java... I don't understand why there is a train track in java other than Cube being lazy for making two separate copies of them, but on the other hand, I would do the same myself. + Track - Train
= Where has the secret ladder in 'House' parkour gone? I still wanna know what that did, never understood it. the lore goes on...
= Talking about secrets, why is there a golden block with rails on there with NOTHING on the rails? its weird now...
In case you haven't found it: good luck!
- Why did you need to shuffle up the orders of the games? I finally got used to the new layout after big change 2.0 and now I can start over...
- "Tweet us a selfie!" Great!! Now put a java picture on there. This is really a small but big mistake in my opinion, and certainly unnecessary.
- Sad CubeCraft Mall closed down. Miss my favourite places there already, including water elevator.
- When you change a parkour slightly or massively (House and Tower respectively), remove the time set in previous parkours. Not only does it give a bad indication about your run, it also takes away the necessity of playing that parkour in the first place. Both parkours got extended, so the set time is impossible to achieve.
- Gadgets are bugged. When moving back to a lobby from anywhere, the gadget says to be equipped but is gone...
- I hate that the button for 'remove entire set of wardrobe' is gone.
- The achievements are all scrambled up still. 100 wins achievement is further down the lane than the 10k win achievement. This really needs a fix, its not usable at all like this.
- Lobby numbers are a bit scuffed. 4 lobbies open currently and I'm in lobby #60
- I can now see all the excavations and pulls from the rod in Lobby Fishing and Relic Hunting. I don't know why or whose idea this was, but please revert. It takes the fun of trying to get all the items yourself away, the unlock date is incorrect and even the holiday items don't show how often you've caught them anymore.

OVERALL: :agree:
I like the update in many ways, but there are a lot of small errors and clear mistakes. There is plenty of room for improvement only even for the full release. I hope to see many things cleared up and figured out by then, but overall, quite satisfied so far.
-----

Skyblock

OVERALL: :disagree:
I'm obviously just kidding with this one, but 1.19 offers so much potential for the nether biome. I still hope an update will come soon. UI and NPC's got a decent one here by the way, but I'd like to see UI update for the entire villager menu!
-----

SkyWars
+ Sunset and Night time swapped places, that's so confusing! But, it's way more natural now, so I'll get used to it.
+ Idk if this was a thing before, but I like the description on the 'play again', 'auto mode' and 'leave' buttons at the end of a game
+ I like the new items! Spyglass is nice for the non-OptiFine users, but the crossbow is the best thing, for sure. I like the piercing especially, with the shields being updated too. Also, don't forget about the tridents, enchanting one with Loyalty could win you the game!
+ The upgrade bench (or whatever it is called) is a great addition. By not putting in Netherite armour in the chest it is a viable option to play but not overpowered. Great call!
+ Warden map is super cool! Only the warden can break through the barriers set up in the map, maybe make those unbreakable for the warden, that would be a bit better. This way you keep the warden in the middle
+ Crystals doesn't only allow great fights and amazing tactical play, but also features the new game designs. good map, very interesting!
+ The additional powdered snow on Blizzard is quite interesting. I haven't seen snow combat much before, so I would love to see some content being created there!
= Not sure if it's still possible to implement, but I miss right clicking the play button in the lobby to select a map. I know, there is a new button for that, but I think both should be possible. New button is better for newer players though
- With the shields now working properly, I feel like the shields have a bit too high of a spawn rate. Sword PvP is way less effective overall.
- Kits are now completely unbalanced. They already were, with many of the kits being much worse than others, but there are now few to no other choices left. Team Cube should take a good good look at kit balancing
- The 'Limited Time Only' achievement doesn't work. sadge...
- Potions do not work after being picked up

The biggest issues with the updates are the PvP balance and the bugs. The last one is not new for the server, but with shields, we'll see a massive shift in PvP styles. How CubeCraft will handle this will be decisive. Anyhow, I'm pleasantly surprised, even though I barely play SkyWars.
-----

EggWars
+ Pre-lobby is great, lot of cool parkour mechanics in the lobby parkour and all the maps are back at it again, even some legacy maps!
+ I love the countdown in the middle of the screen in pre-game lobby
+ Keeping Emerald tokens upon death makes risking it worth it more
+ Offering discounts on items! :D
+ Aquatic is alright, but I think the big pool in the middle is just plain useless. could've made that half as steep and serves no further use. The sides on the middle are crazy and could serve even more purpose in a redesign, but I quite enjoyed my playtime there. Including the depth strider upgrades in the middle.
+ Mangrove is one of your best maps made all across. It allows much PvP, tactical stuff and keeps everything compact. It's dynamic for the aesthetics and gives both rushers as genner peeps a good opportunity to build out their strategy. Camping however is quite difficult as well as completing the game perfectly in 2 minutes. Best map of the update if you ask me
+ I'm so happy you finally found time to fix the worst voting option ever: hardcore. It's finally back to its original purpose: same as normal, just no food. The costs always held people back to vote for it, so I hope it gets played a bit more now it has reached primetime!!
+ In-game rewards for eliminations and breaking eggs are great! I was a bit sceptic at first, but saw that the enchantments available aren't too overpowered at all, which makes it a better system.
= When opening the shop, you now start at the block menu. I'm not a fan of starting in one of the menu, as I like the version more where you have to select which menu you want to go to more, but if you want to do it like this, at least they put the most useful section first.
= Parkour is barely completable in the time you are in the pre-game lobby. It is quite long, which can be good but also
- Everything got more expensive. I now have to sit on the generator for much longer to get the same stuff as I got before, and they have less protection/efficiency (OP). It's not like I like sitting on the generator for ages the most about EggWars, so this is trash.
- Basic resources like food now cost a lot which makes you more reliable by getting enough from the store before you leave your island, but also basic blocks like obsidian or a decent pickaxe are not obtainable from the start anymore.
- The favourite menu makes it horrible to see which items you can buy with the tokens you have. The red around it suggests you cant buy anything.
- Emerald Coins gained from eliminations and those obtained from breaking an egg does not automatically stack sometimes, taking two slots in your inventory.
- Fairytale is now a 4v4v4v4?! you ruined one of your best maps, ngl
- OP is completely ruined. Netherite gives a way too big advantage, but the whole mode in general is unbalanced. that what should cost little costs too much and the opposite is true for that what should cost much. I'd advise taking a look at the specific eggwars community game group, idk what it was called again, but currently this is just not a fair mode, let aside a fun mode. I know not enough of EggWars anymore to point out specific changes, but I haven't had a fun time playing on Overpowered anymore, where I think normal became a bit more balanced and got a better playing experience.

OVERALL: :unsure:
I reject to play any more Overpowered. It is completely ruined and gave me one of the worst playing experiences ever. Normal and Hardcore either stayed the same or improved a bit/a lot. I think there are still quite a few tweaks necessary in both, but I had a nice time playing with some random people. Maps are great and small bugs are resolved, but others were created. I think for two of the three modes this update didn't really mattered, but OP is no more fun sadly.
-----

Lucky Islands
+ New block drops are cool! I haven't encountered them all (I think), but those I have already seen allowed new and cool gameplay, on top of a lot of clutch content. I'd love to see those clips coming by!
+ Both Honey and Nether are great maps. Nether is a bit small, but on the other hand, it doesn't really have to be bigger. Time voting is worthless there though...
+ Map change to Nest is awesome, that map was a chaos before
= I'm not a fan of the specific lucky block types. Both Food and Blocks lucky blocks are always at least neutral if not positive, even when no one has voted for Blessed. It doesn't feel so random anymore. On the other hand, it doesn't really impact the game that much thus I don't find it a massive problem or such thing. The middle block is a massive reason to rush as well, so players will probably get used to it quickly
= The water in Underwater map is okay, but because the islands are now further away from each other. I don't know if I really like that change, but change of tactics i guess.
- It's a shame that the reload timer is gone on the special bows.
- The elevator power-up is good, only thing I think could make it a bit fairer is to keep the same orientation you were facing in before the use of the power-up to after you use the power-up. Walked of 3 times after using it in like 10 minutes of playing... (yes, that also says something about me)
- Mining the blocks with an axe speeds up the process of mining the block, but not actually breaking it. I suppose one of them is a bug, but otherwise it should be removed
- I sometimes get kicked when opening the 'Overpowered' block. No clue why...

Good changes, lots of lovely new content! I appreciate Team CubeCraft knowing how much this game is appreciated in current state to keep 'improvements' as slight as possible to not adapt the game too much.
-----

Free For All
Note: I do not play FFA on daily, weekly or monthly basis. I don't know everything that changed and what is good and what's not for the game and community.
+ New map looks really dope! The lava lake is a bit difficult to cross however, with striders living their own life and not standing still on the sides. I like the mechanics of Strider PvP as well, but I don't know whether FFA is the right place to implement such thing.
+ Poseidon kit seems cool! I don't think the kit will be used a lot, but it is a viable kit which allows cool gameplay.
= Crossbow is a decent replacement for the bow in the Archer kit. You take the option of using a normal bow completely away though, so not sure if it is a righteous replacement.
- WHAAAT? 50 points for a spyglass? that's a ripoff, I think using the item should give you points /j. No, but seriously, like 10 points should be the maximum cost for that item.

OVERALL: ❓
I have no clue about this game, I've never enjoyed it too much, so I'll leave it up to you.
-----

Parkour
+ The new levels are good! I only don't like honey, because you can't overlook the maze because of the barriers, and rainbow, because the game design doesn't allow much mistakes but also doesn't really allow good runs in comparison with the average gold medal collector, but the rest is cool!
+ Parkour quick join is finally a thing! I don't know what happens if you've completed all levels, but only more reasons to try and do that.
+ Automatic teleportation to the lobby after completing a level is also gone, which is great. Now I don't have to worry about waiting one more second to fly around or to simply take a bite of my sandwich.
+ I love the medal above the finish pressure plate! The finish is better visible and you can see your medal change to silver if you weren't fast enough.
+ Level modifiers stay when you press the 'replay' button, that's awesome!
= Just like the EggWars shop, you now cannot select a specific section, as you start in the Simple Parkour section. I think that when you are in the lobby, it would be better to select a section before being in that section, but that might be just me.
- Player Transparency does not work, it's super annoying.

Super nice update, I don't think anyone in the parkour community is complaining about these changes.
-----

General in-game
+ God damn, the loading section is so well made. I love it. Been watching it for 8 hours straight now. (if you haven't seen it, be happy because it doesn't do anything really)
= The vote button looks like a box of tissues, LOL! Idk if thats a good thing, you decide.
- Some of the cages let you sneak to the side of them. This gives an advantage over glass cages, as you can be further to a side, and therefore reach the iron generator before another member of your team in EggWars, or pick up lucky blocks and chests on awkward places way before an opponent can or even unlock more, as other players can't reach those places at all.
- There is this slab bug where you get stuck into the nothingness. This is quite gamebreaking, certainly for some maps.

OVERALL: ❗
No need for me to put an overall for mechanics across the server, you can read them above.
-----

MY OPINION: :agree:
I quite like the update and what Cube has done with many of the games. EggWars is by far the most disappointing, which is a shame in my opinion, but I hope this update is enough to retain enough players. Cube deserves that after the hard work that was clearly put into it.

NOTE: I have not made any bug reports on the issues I adressed above. This is just a feedback form in general. Feel free to make a bug report if you wish to and in case Team CubeCraft reads this entire thing, I hope this was useful and I would love to know your opinion on it as well.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Top Bottom