Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They
As some of you may now, today we received the unfortunate news that CubeCraft’s Marketplace team would be undergoing a significant reduction in members, and as of now, we have 2 non-admin Designers working on CubeCraft.

I feel as though now would be a good time to re-open Community Map Submissions, since the last time they were opened the community provided 22 high quality maps that were accepted and promised to be implemented into CubeCraft, and 4 of those maps still haven’t been implemented and now might be a good opportunity to put them to use.

In @Efcluke94 ‘s thread about Closing Map Submissions, they mentioned one of the reasons for closing submissions was because “We have been heavily investing in our team, allowing us the flexibility to hand choose the theme of our maps and edit gameplay to maximise the fun!” And although I’m sure “maximizing the fun” is still a big priority for the current design team, a little help from the community could always be appreciated, especially now that the design team only counts with 2 people. It’s honestly a win-win situation, they get nice new maps, and the community feels more involved.

I understand that maintaining the Map Submissions sub forum was taking away time from other important tasks and such, but I can imagine a handful of knowledgeable staff members would be willing to assist the current design team with the more logistical aspects of receiving Map Submissions, with getting the schematics from map creators and all. Because when it comes to choosing, the community already does most of the job by voting.

I think that investing some time organizing and reviewing map submissions is a good investment, it would allow the community to help the design team provide a more consistent flow of new content without the resource investment of having the map built by an employee. And if they want to stick to specific themes and such, they could always provide a series of prompts or allowed themes to go by!

If the Admin Team is concerned with setting expectations and disappointing users if their accepted map takes too long to get implemented (or doesn’t get implemented at all) I think that is a matter of clear and concise communication at the moment of accepting a map submission. There’s nothing wrong with saying it might take a while or it might never happen since most resources are being devoted to other tasks!! Anyone who makes a map submission has already proven to be selfless in the sense that they’re willing to put in voluntary work just to help CubeCraft out.

Also as a side note, what would be the implications of opening Blockbench model submissions, like I would honestly love to make my own design for a BlockWars flag! But since these items are monetized I am not sure what the legal / ethical implications could be. Would appreciate some insight from the Admin Team on this one!​

Last edited:

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
This is a good, well explained suggestion. An :agree: from me!
Also as a side note, what would be the implications of opening Blockbench model submissions, like I would honestly love to make my own design for a BlockWars flag! But since these items are monetized I am not sure what the legal / ethical implications could be. Would appreciate some insight from the Admin Team on this one!​
Need another Cam reply here!

Basketman

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2015
Belgium
As some of you may now, today we received the unfortunate news that CubeCraft’s Marketplace team would be undergoing a significant reduction in members, and as of now, we have 2 non-admin Designers working on CubeCraft.

I feel as though now would be a good time to re-open Community Map Submissions, since the last time they were opened the community provided 22 high quality maps that were accepted and promised to be implemented into CubeCraft, and 4 of those maps still haven’t been implemented and now might be a good opportunity to put them to use.

In @Efcluke94 ‘s thread about Closing Map Submissions, they mentioned one of the reasons for closing submissions was because “We have been heavily investing in our team, allowing us the flexibility to hand choose the theme of our maps and edit gameplay to maximise the fun!” And although I’m sure “maximizing the fun” is still a big priority for the current design team, a little help from the community could always be appreciated, especially now that the design team only counts with 2 people. It’s honestly a win-win situation, they get nice new maps, and the community feels more involved.

I understand that maintaining the Map Submissions sub forum was taking away time from other important tasks and such, but I can imagine a handful of knowledgeable staff members would be willing to assist the current design team with the more logistical aspects of receiving Map Submissions, with getting the schematics from map creators and all. Because when it comes to choosing, the community already does most of the job by voting.

I think that investing some time organizing and reviewing map submissions is a good investment, it would allow the community to help the design team provide a more consistent flow of new content without the resource investment of having the map built by an employee. And if they want to stick to specific themes and such, they could always provide a series of prompts or allowed themes to go by!

If the Admin Team is concerned with setting expectations and disappointing users if their accepted map takes too long to get implemented (or doesn’t get implemented at all) I think that is a matter of clear and concise communication at the moment of accepting a map submission. There’s nothing wrong with saying it might take a while or it might never happen since most resources are being devoted to other tasks!! Anyone who makes a map submission has already proven to be selfless in the sense that they’re willing to put in voluntary work just to help CubeCraft out.

As someone who has created a map submission before that got accepted, I strongly believe they should reopen it indeed.

The feeling as a player to have the ability to play on your own map is just wonderful. And back then they implemented a lot of these maps in the summer weeks which made it quite fun to have such a variety in map designs. Since most people have different ways to create maps.

One thing we should do is wait to see what the announcement from the administration team will be regarding the decision to decrease the designer team. Since they might have ideas up their sleeves to counter this or even had the same idea to reopen the map submissions.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I genuinely thought it was Thursday today... I was so excited for it to be almost weekend :/
xHappyMood wrote on Gemmmmie's profile.
omg GEMMMMIE IS ONLINE?!?!
itzhussii wrote on avalon :3's profile.
avaa <33
After some weeks of break am I happy to announce that more interviews will come by! I have had interviews and also have some videos finished, been working hard on them. I appreciate all feedback on them and the same style is in them. The next video of the series (when I write this is coming out in: 19 hours 17 minutes.) Happy to hear your feedback on it! Also, have a good rest of your day!:D
had to reinstall minecraft just for the twitch cape (then uninstall it again)

looks great on my skin
image-51.png
Top Bottom