• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aethiria

Novice Member
Jan 9, 2018
Your Imagination
So, for a while now I have been wanting to buy the Emerald Rank, but it is 127 USD (which is around R1500 (The currency I use)) and it is utterly ridiculous. ALL of the ranks are way overpriced that I'm surprised anyone has bought them.

In my opinion, the rank prices should be at least halved. It is ridiculous to have Obsidian be 200 USD and not be enough to get Server Administrator. I know this for a fact that a lot of people DO NOT buy ranks because they are so expensive. If anything, if the price was lowered more people would buy ranks. About 70% of the server population is default, and it can be quite rare to see Obsidian players.

Sure there are sales, but they don't exactly last a long time. A lot of people don't have money to get these sorts of ranks to vote for in-game changes and things like that. It's honestly not fair to the 70% of the default players. Also, there should not be a friend limit. I know a few people that have more than 10 friends that play CubeCraft and have hit the friend limit, but are not going to buy an expensive rank just to increase that limit. No thanks!

Here are suggestions for better prices:

IRON RANK: 10 USD.

This rank only gets one option for each game to vote for, which is not fair for it to cost 21USD.

LAPIZ RANK: 22 USD

This rank is the same as Iron, aside from there being 1 more voting option for TD and EG, and a few more cosmetics that not a lot of people use.

GOLD RANK: 30 USD

Not too many differences from the Lapiz Rank. The price is 50 USD and doesn't even have the option to fly in lobbies.

DIAMOND RANK: 45 USD

This rank is a little more than double the price of the Lapiz Rank, yet only has +3 voting options more than Gold and ALSO does not have the option to fly in lobbies. This is ridiculous.

EMERALD RANK: BELOW 100 USD - 70 USD

Yes this Rank has ALMOST all the voting options for games, but that shouldn't make it be 127 USD. Yes this has the option to fly in lobbies (Which I know I have mentioned before, but I know it is not a big deal) and the price is utterly heart breaking to see.

OBSIDIAN RANK: NOT 200 USD FOR CRYING OUT LOUD - 100USD - Half price

Oh boy where do I begin.
This rank is the last rank and it is 200 USD to get all voting options in mini-games, which 3 of which are in Beta. If I pay this much to a server I would expect the Admin Rank and not some 200 USD rank that gives me cosmetics (which might I point out again, not many people use), 100 pointless friend slots that are limited, the ability to fly in lobbies which is not always the best thing, and up to 15 people in a party, which also, SHOULD NOT HAVE A LIMIT, and more.

I know all these ranks have a vanity bonus but that is irrelevant as of right now.

Thank you for reading this long, stupid, and angry hateful suggestion that probably no one likes.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
So, for a while now I have been wanting to buy the Emerald Rank, but it is 127 USD (which is around R1500 (The currency I use)) and it is utterly ridiculous. ALL of the ranks are way overpriced that I'm surprised anyone has bought them.

In my opinion, the rank prices should be at least halved. It is ridiculous to have Obsidian be 200 USD and not be enough to get Server Administrator. I know this for a fact that a lot of people DO NOT buy ranks because they are so expensive. If anything, if the price was lowered more people would buy ranks. About 70% of the server population is default, and it can be quite rare to see Obsidian players.

Sure there are sales, but they don't exactly last a long time. A lot of people don't have money to get these sorts of ranks to vote for in-game changes and things like that. It's honestly not fair to the 70% of the default players. Also, there should not be a friend limit. I know a few people that have more than 10 friends that play CubeCraft and have hit the friend limit, but are not going to buy an expensive rank just to increase that limit. No thanks!

This rank only gets one option for each game to vote for, which is not fair for it to cost 21USD.

This rank is the same as Iron, aside from there being 1 more voting option for TD and EG, and a few more cosmetics that not a lot of people use.

Not too many differences from the Lapiz Rank. The price is 50 USD and doesn't even have the option to fly in lobbies.

This rank is a little more than double the price of the Lapiz Rank, yet only has +3 voting options more than Gold and ALSO does not have the option to fly in lobbies. This is ridiculous.

Yes this Rank has ALMOST all the voting options for games, but that shouldn't make it be 127 USD. Yes this has the option to fly in lobbies (Which I know I have mentioned before, but I know it is not a big deal) and the price is utterly heart breaking to see.

Oh boy where do I begin.
This rank is the last rank and it is 200 USD to get all voting options in mini-games, which 3 of which are in Beta. If I pay this much to a server I would expect the Admin Rank and not some 200 USD rank that gives me cosmetics (which might I point out again, not many people use), 100 pointless friend slots that are limited, the ability to fly in lobbies which is not always the best thing, and up to 15 people in a party, which also, SHOULD NOT HAVE A LIMIT, and more.

I know all these ranks have a vanity bonus but that is irrelevant as of right now.

Thank you for reading this long, stupid, and angry hateful suggestion that probably no one likes.

No. I would be pretty pissed if they changed it now while I already bought a Diamond and Emerald Rank.
And then recently bought friends ranks.

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
The perks are given as a "Thanks for donating to us buddy." (Not that I bought iron specifically for that I bought it for the perks of course!)

The Friends limit thing was also controversial but, from a revenue point of view, it makes sense that they made it so.

I feel like the newer games would have voting options added for Emerald/Obsidian, so they are like (Existing perks + perks that are yet to come)

Overall, I disagree (For the rank value change). If they were to add new ranks (Maybe Redstone between lapis/gold) It could be made accordingly.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Then what do you suggest they should do?
Add onto the list of perks the ranks get to make it worth their price ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I honestly don't have any problems with the rank prices. Just buy them during a 50% sale.
(then again, I've never really bought my own rank, just miniature packs)
There's a pretty good reason for why they're priced like this, and I'm guessing it's so that the players will be more encouraged to buy the rank at a sale.
Imagine it like this: Would you rather buy a pair of shoes priced at 100$, or a shoe that has a 50% discount which is also priced at 100$ now? (200$ before the discount)

On a side note: Diamond, as you describe it, is pretty incorrect. Diamond is probably the best rank you can go for to get the most bang out of your buck.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
On a side note: Diamond, as you describe it, is pretty incorrect. Diamond is probably the best rank you can go for to get the most bang out of your buck.
This, or iron. No other rank comes close to these two, so if staff are to add new perks these ranks should not be given anything new for a while.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016

Oh boy where do I begin.

I do agree with you. But I have emerald and I just bought gold for $40 (or it was 40GPD something like that) but when I bought emerald, I just waited until there was a bug sale (Spooky sale).
And it would be completely unfair for those players who got a rank, but they find out that the prices were halved. That would be completely unfair for them. It’s probably too late to make any changes. But if you want to add my on cubecraft, my user name is AFreakingCookie!

ItzCamJam

Feb 4, 2017
idek
I made a suggestion like this when I first joined. It was immediately hated upon, and as a result prices went up by like 5%. Just wait for a sale, Easter is coming up!

BlazeyBoi

Dec 30, 2016
Earth
I believe a lot more people would donate most likely bringing in a larger net profit because the prices now are ridiculous, though to be halved is quite a bit.

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
No, It would be a scam for the people who bought it while the prices where "high".
No. I would be pretty pissed if they changed it now while I already bought a Diamond and Emerald Rank.
And then recently bought friends ranks.
I do agree with you. But I have emerald and I just bought gold for $40 (or it was 40GPD something like that) but when I bought emerald, I just waited until there was a bug sale (Spooky sale).
And it would be completely unfair for those players who got a rank, but they find out that the prices were halved. That would be completely unfair for them. It’s probably too late to make any changes. But if you want to add my on cubecraft, my user name is AFreakingCookie!
But why don't players complain when there's a sale?

It's literally the same thing that the OP is suggesting, just more temporary.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
But why don't players complain when there's a sale?

It's literally the same thing that the OP is suggesting, just more temporary.
What we are trying to say is:

Someone buys diamond rank right now. A week later they lower the price by lets say $20. That would not be fair for those who bought it at full price. The new full price with no sale would be the effect of subtracting $20. A sale is just a temporary discount. Doesn't mean its unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

I went to sleep at 4am last night, put my alarm at 12:30pm, snoozed, woke up at 4pm. How's your day going?
black moguss wrote on Laura's profile.
how to become Verified?
BicolourSine41 wrote on Capitan's profile.
Hi! How are you?
BicolourSine41 wrote on L1kii's profile.
hihi!
Daily fact #15-17-

Only 5% of the ocean has been explored.

The national animal of Scotland is a unicorn.

In 1783, the very first hot air balloon took off with a sheep, a duck, and a rooster on board.

I'm up to date with the facts again!
Top Bottom