Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Modulo

Dec 30, 2019
I just finished up moderating a Bedrock community Survival Games event and several people were understandably frustrated about how one player refused to initially engage in melee combat, but instead led their opponents on chases and dealt damage incrementally in the form of bows, TNT, flint and steel, etc. before going in with melee and finishing them off relatively easily. Although this example was done in Survival Games, similar tactics can be used in pretty much every gamemode to win fights where there is not necessarily a skill or gear advantage.

I'm interested to see what people think about the viability of these tactics. Have people found success with them in the past? Are players who use these tactics scummy be definition? Is it the fault of the other player for making themselves vulnerable to such damage? Should these alternative methods of damage/kb be removed or reduced in games?

Personally, I think it is a perfectly viable strategy. The items are included in the games for a reason and players should be allowed to take advantage of them in the ways they are meant to be used. I also think that removing usage is not warranted since the "meta" does not completely revolve around them; instead I believe players are leaving themselves vulnerable to these strategies and suffering as a result.

Reactions: luv! and Pineapple

luv!

Apr 13, 2020
Toronto, Ontario.
I personally think that they should alter the durability of bows to be very low globally. This would 1. prevent players from bow camping in games such as Eggwars, Skywars, and Lucky Islands as once the player's bow breaks there is nothing they can really do. Although this wouldn't players from constantly running and fighting from a distance, it would be a step in the right direction and encourage players to directly fight other players with swords or axes as depending on a bow long-term throughout a game wouldn't prove to be a viable option.

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
I think it’s a legit strategy and people can use it if that their style all u really have to do is eat a grapple and pearl to them

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Eli wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
JokeKaedee wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag!! :egg:
Top Bottom