Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • None

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
We all know that Patch 3.9.1 came out last month for this server (oops, wrong number) but nothing's changed in this game so far! There's a lot of imbalance and problems in TD currently. Here's a few suggestions from others' and my threads (includes rebalancing and overhauls) along with new ones:

@Tom25W created this thread here that I will refer to: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/issues-with-towerdefence.179673/

General/rebalancing
1. Warning message for mage/status effect tower stacking:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/t...e-or-poison-towers-next-to-each-other.175308/

2. Balanced rewards (see point #4 under Tom25W's thread). I posted specifically how the rewards can be balanced in that thread:
Reward should be based on the length of the game. A standard game, say SG, is about 10 minutes and gives 100 XP and 25 points. Maybe double that if the game is 20 minutes long (so 200 XP and 50 points if the team wins at armageddon).

3. Mandatory tutorial for new players and for those with a very few wins. This tutorial automatically plays upon joining the TD lobby.

4. Ranked system. In Tom's thread, I posted how a ranked system can be implemented. Stated again:
For a ranked system, I was thinking of the following tiers from lowest to highest:

Unranked (play a few matches to determine your placement) -> coal (bronze) -> iron (silver) -> gold -> diamond -> emerald -> obsidian.

To prevent confusion, the donor ranks are not shown in the match. Normally, a player name with a diamond rank appears like this:
:| Diamond |: (player name)

A player name appears like this if he's in coal league:
[Coal] (player name)

5. Balance towers.
-Significantly buff the turret tower to fire at least 40 arrows per second at level 3. Right now it fires a mere 6 for 1900 coins compared to 9 archer towers (1854 coins) that fire a total of 36 arrows per second. Either this or change it to deal air AoE (more damage of course). The latter can be called the "missile turret."

-Additionally, TNT AoE should be nerfed (or fixed, not sure if it's a glitch) to affect ground only, not air.

Additions to the game itself
6. Add new towers. I don't think any damaging ones should be added (preferably unique/support ones). A few examples are below:
-Amplifier tower: buffs the damage, fire rate, and range of nearby towers. The amplifier buffs adjacent towers. Size: 3x3. Levels: up to level 3. At level 1, this tower gives a +3% boost to the 3 aforementioned stats. Level 2 gives a +7% boost and level 3 gives a +10% boost.

Amplifier effects stack. So, if I have 2 level 3 amplifiers powering 1 tower, then that 1 tower gets +20% boost to range, fire rate, and damage. Multiple amplifiers are costly in order to compensate. I'd say about the same price as a leech (2500 coins) at level 3.

-Relocator tower: A tower that cannot attack or debuff mobs, but can reposition towers. Max. level is level 3 (each level increases the number of charges by 1 and decreases the cooldown by 5 seconds). Level 1 stats: 60 seconds cooldown, 1 charge. Each time you use it to relocate a tower, it costs 10% of the relocated tower. As an example, if I want to relocate a tower that has a total cost of 500 coins, then using the relocator will cost 50 coins and 1 charge. Anyone on the team can use a teammate's relocator, but only the owner can relocate his towers (same idea as selling towers). Final cost at level 3: 1000 coins

Suppose we have a GUI (the normal one) when you click on a tower. If a relocator is present, then it will show an item named "relocate" along with the price and cooldown (if the relocator needs to recharge). Relocating packs the tower until you shift-click a new spot. Shift-clicking a new spot unpacks the tower; from there shift-click behaves as usual.

7. 1v1 TD: Same as the regular TD game we have now, except it's a 1v1.

Last edited:

WolfShine

Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2016
www.youtube.com
We all know that Patch 3.9.1 came out last month for this server (oops, wrong number) but nothing's changed in this game so far! There's a lot of imbalance and problems in TD currently. Here's a few suggestions from others' and my threads (includes rebalancing and overhauls) along with new ones:

@Tom25W created this thread here that I will refer to: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/issues-with-towerdefence.179673/

General/rebalancing
1. Warning message for mage/status effect tower stacking:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/t...e-or-poison-towers-next-to-each-other.175308/

2. Balanced rewards (see point #4 under Tom25W's thread). I posted specifically how the rewards can be balanced in that thread:
Reward should be based on the length of the game. A standard game, say SG, is about 10 minutes and gives 100 XP and 25 points. Maybe double that if the game is 20 minutes long (so 200 XP and 50 points if the team wins at armageddon).

3. Mandatory tutorial for new players and for those with a very few wins. This tutorial automatically plays upon joining the TD lobby.

4. Ranked system. In Tom's thread, I posted how a ranked system can be implemented. Stated again:
For a ranked system, I was thinking of the following tiers from lowest to highest:

Unranked (play a few matches to determine your placement) -> coal (bronze) -> iron (silver) -> gold -> diamond -> emerald -> obsidian.

To prevent confusion, the donor ranks are not shown in the match. Normally, a player name with a diamond rank appears like this:
:| Diamond |: (player name)

A player name appears like this if he's in coal league:
[Coal] (player name)

5. Balance towers.
-Significantly buff the turret tower to fire at least 40 arrows per second at level 3. Right now it fires a mere 6 for 1900 coins compared to 9 archer towers (1854 coins) that fire a total of 36 arrows per second. Either this or change it to deal air AoE (more damage of course). The latter can be called the "missile turret."

-Additionally, TNT AoE should be nerfed (or fixed, not sure if it's a glitch) to affect ground only, not air.

Additions to the game itself
6. Add new towers. I don't think any damaging ones should be added (preferably unique/support ones). A few examples are below:
-Amplifier tower: buffs the damage, fire rate, and range of nearby towers. The amplifier buffs adjacent towers. Size: 3x3. Levels: up to level 3. At level 1, this tower gives a +3% boost to the 3 aforementioned stats. Level 2 gives a +7% boost and level 3 gives a +10% boost.

Amplifier effects stack. So, if I have 2 level 3 amplifiers powering 1 tower, then that 1 tower gets +20% boost to range, fire rate, and damage. Multiple amplifiers are costly in order to compensate. I'd say about the same price as a leech (2500 coins) at level 3.

-Relocator tower: A tower that cannot attack or debuff mobs, but can reposition towers. Max. level is level 3 (each level increases the number of charges by 1 and decreases the cooldown by 5 seconds). Level 1 stats: 60 seconds cooldown, 1 charge. Each time you use it to relocate a tower, it costs 10% of the relocated tower. As an example, if I want to relocate a tower that has a total cost of 500 coins, then using the relocator will cost 50 coins and 1 charge. Anyone on the team can use a teammate's relocator, but only the owner can relocate his towers (same idea as selling towers). Final cost at level 3: 1000 coins

Suppose we have a GUI (the normal one) when you click on a tower. If a relocator is present, then it will show an item named "relocate" along with the price and cooldown (if the relocator needs to recharge). Relocating packs the tower until you shift-click a new spot. Shift-clicking a new spot unpacks the tower; from there shift-click behaves as usual.

7. 1v1 TD: Same as the regular TD game we have now, except it's a 1v1.
I think the point system on the game is fine. That many points you are saying would be waaay too over powered. Also please post this in the suggestions section of the forums next time. Besides that, this is an amazing idea. One idea, the relocator tower should be called the ender tower.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
I think the point system on the game is fine. That many points you are saying would be waaay too over powered. Also please post this in the suggestions section of the forums next time. Besides that, this is an amazing idea. One idea, the relocator tower should be called the ender tower.
I posted this here because suggestions often get flooded while tower defense doesn't. Also, this is for tower defense.

I was thinking last night to allow any tower to be moved elsewhere without the relocator but with a 20% cost of the tower's current value. Cooldown still stays though.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

8 years on the forums!
Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
Top Bottom