Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
I did make a thread about "renewable ice", but now that I've progressed a bit more throughout skyblock, I've started to notice that the lack of ice is not the only issue. Sand, being plentiful on the desert island and is also in the skyblock shop, is normally no issue for the average skyblock player. You simply just need to carve out a large chunk of the islands, and you're all set for all your cactus farm and glass needs.

However, (i might just be the only one out there who does this) I find preserving the unique builds on each island to be a rather high priority, so usually I tend to try not to completely carve out parts of the islands. The main issue when it comes to a skyblock experience like this is quests. The starter island was no issue, as if I recall, you just needed renewable resources like wood and beetroots. Same pretty much went for the plains island, although the first issue came when I reached the taiga biome. While not required, ice is a luxury block almost now and an expensive commodity when it comes to harvesting it for usage. Of course, standard vanilla cobblestone generators are basically useless due to how we have custom ore gens, but the main use for ice (at least, to me) is for quick travel. The next best thing would be a minecart system, but in order to reach iron you need to grind through a whole 5 islands until you can finally get your hands on minecraft's most useful metallic resource, and unless you obliterated all the islands and just live on 1 massive island, you constantly need to travel between the islands to collect resources and store stuff.

The jungle island is no issue as well, but when you reach the zombie-ravaged desert island, troubles arise. First of all, unless you want to lower the thickness of the island a ton, you can't really finish the quest that requires glass (at least, I haven't exactly tried yet.) I've resorted to buying sand from the store instead, but each piece of sand is a whopping 3000 coins. I know that I'm probably not big brain enough to find a really good money-making strategy, and it's probably set to 3k to balance stuff out, but it looks like it'll cost $384,000 to buy enough sand to smelt it into glass. And that's just the bare minimum to advance, as you'll likely also want to get more glass to use in projects around your islands.

After that really long rant about ice and sand, basically, I'm trying to say that there are many useful and valuable resources in skyblock that unfortunately are all limited or are really expensive, and unless you carve out large parts of your islands, you'll either have to spend hundreds of thousands of coins on these resources that normally are worth not much or just resign to the fact that you'll only have a limited amount of the resource.

It would be nice to either lower the costs of these resources (if possible), or maybe make generators for these resources. I find the ones that should be given the priviledge of being renewable should be ice, sand, and gravel.

Reactions: Atiyaa
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
thank you for everything!
UncleSpect wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratss my friend! <3
UncleSpect wrote on Frontlane's profile.
congratss Frontt! <3
Chromodynamics wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats on Mod!!
ToonBer wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Pookie Bear Otter Frontlane made it OMG, congrats :monkeylookaway:
Top Bottom