Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
We already know the next update will add the nether, at least most likely. It would be unfortunate if it turned out to be underwhelming. With 1.16 we could have 5 nether island dimensions, some crazy bartering. Dungeons and bosses too.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
This type of update requires an unreal amount of time dedicated to it, it'd also cut out a huge portion of the player-base from playing it as they are on other versions, people like to pop in and out of Skyblock and having to switch versions would personally stop me from ever going into it, it's just segregating our community even further.

Due to the reasons listed I believe it would reduce the overall player count of the game, yes it'd probably be more fun but if it stops players from playing then is it really worth it? That's just my take on it. I do agree it'd be fun but there are other factors to consider here.

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
This type of update requires an unreal amount of time dedicated to it, it'd also cut out a huge portion of the player-base from playing it as they are on other versions, people like to pop in and out of Skyblock and having to switch versions would personally stop me from ever going into it, it's just segregating our community even further.

Due to the reasons listed I believe it would reduce the overall player count of the game, yes it'd probably be more fun but if it stops players from playing then is it really worth it? That's just my take on it. I do agree it'd be fun but there are other factors to consider here.
Yo i totally under stand how itd be a lot of work to do this, and how it would rreally cut down the player base. Would it be possibile to design the nether islands to look similar to the new biomes that will be in 1.16?

Reactions: Martianmellow69

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
It could also be the unique exciting feature cubecraft needs to sell the idea it’s a great skyblock server and get new players. Story I’d argue that if people wont rven change their version to play skyblock then maybe they aren’t enthusiastic enough to play it long term anyways

I get the hard work part but I also cast doubt on the cut down on the playerbase part.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
It could also be the unique exciting feature cubecraft needs to sell the idea it’s a great skyblock server and get new players. Story I’d argue that if people wont rven change their version to play skyblock then maybe they aren’t enthusiastic enough to play it long term anyways

I get the hard work part but I also cast doubt on the cut down on the playerbase part.
I'm not saying that it wont, but we dont know that for fact. I as a player would have the enthusiasm to play Skyblock on 1.16, but swapping versions for me to constantly flick between Skyblock & other games would be a big pain, some people are also obsessed with their customization they use for everything i.e mods & textures and these would be obsolete on new versions as well.

This is a huge risk, it requires a lot of research before deciding if it's the best move.

Reactions: FloLoFlo

Xavi | Goofy

Quality Assurance and Support
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
May 14, 2019
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
Fully agree with you.
I use Forge to play minecraft (1.12.2) and have a lot of mods downloaded, such as Scematica, Labymod, Neatmod and 5zig. All of these mods use keybinds and need to be changed back after I use a version above 1.12.2 and makes me less excited to go thru all the trouble to just check up on my skyblock.

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
That’s completely independent of the server. Changing version is easy, this is just peak human laziness.
I'm not saying that it wont, but we dont know that for fact. I as a player would have the enthusiasm to play Skyblock on 1.16, but swapping versions for me to constantly flick between Skyblock & other games would be a big pain, some people are also obsessed with their customization they use for everything i.e mods & textures and these would be obsolete on new versions as well.

This is a huge risk, it requires a lot of research before deciding if it's the best move.
I agree with this, however. I am personally more enthusiastic with the newer versions and the effort that goes into them.

How long can cubecraft dodge version updating. What happens when Combat Update V2 hits? Let them start the transition slowly rather then when Combat Update happens. It’s a safe move to play and would be a lot less jarring.

We don’t know when it’s gonna happen but it could be as soon as next year could it not?

Xavi | Goofy

Quality Assurance and Support
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
May 14, 2019
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
From what I’ve heard (and I don’t know if this is true so don’t quote me on it) large servers are staying on 1.9 or 1.12.2 because higher versions lag a lot more (newest version the most). Most people playing Minecraft don’t have real gaming computers and will lag even more with higher versions since these require a lot more data transfer.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on human being's profile.
Happy Birthday
GiGaGekkies wrote on Power Ranger's profile.
Happy Birthday
qKhalidd wrote on human being's profile.
happy birthday!
qKhalidd wrote on Power Ranger's profile.
happy birthday!
Beginning of my cubecraft forums account
Top Bottom