Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
D

Deleted member 59979

I have asked before about a much more detailed rules section but so far its not been done. They really need to elaborate more. Although as @Glazh said you are an ex-staff. You should know the rules and whats alowed and whats not

Reactions: Priley

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
I have asked before about a much more detailed rules section but so far its not been done. They really need to elaborate more. Although as @Glazh said you are an ex-staff. You should know the rules and whats alowed and whats not
I agree some rules are quite vague
According to the definition of swearing, "e/z" is also punishable

skifby2

Novice Member
Apr 21, 2018
Shouldn't you know what is allowed and what is not, as an ex-staff?
Although as @Glazh said you are an ex-staff. You should know the rules and whats alowed and whats not
Trust me, if there's one person that exactly knows what's allowed and what's not - it's me. I know exactly what's in it and what's not, and why it's in there or not.
However, rules always have that bit of freedom that the moderator has to fill in for themselves, the 'unwritten rules' - part. Every moderator handles that bit of freedom differently - and as a staff member i'v always tried to make everyone handle things as identical as possible.

I decided to make this thread because lately the staff team has been using a lot of double standards again, and inappropriate/offensive is one of them.
I might make more of these threads in the future, as it'll get the staff team thinking and clears up a lot.

Reactions: The Lord Pleb

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I think the main issue with making a clearly defined list of what is allowed and what isn’t allowed is that you will never make an all inclusive list. There will always be something that you didn’t take into account or some exemption to a rule (I don’t have many examples, but one could be promoting other products/services. We would punish for someone saying ‘let’s go play on hypixel’, but people just referencing hypixel would likely be allowed such as ‘hypixel has bedwars’. You could say that they are promoting another service since other people may leave and go check it out, but it really depends on context).

For something like inappropriate/offensive content, that would include things like swearing, sexual stuff, being repeatedly rude (this would be more under bullying), etc. You do have to take a lot of these things case by case since it is impossible to have an all inclusive list. A problem with having a defined list is that people try their absolute hardest to walk the line, being the most inappropriate they can be while still technically being within the rules. The best rule to follow is just to have common sense. Like don’t go around swearing at others and being a jerk. If you aren’t actively trying to walk the line of what is allowed and what isn’t, then you should have no issue with being inside the rules.

I think we should at least have more examples of what would be allowed in the rules that are less commonly known since many people do end up asking about it to clarify.

skifby2

Novice Member
Apr 21, 2018
I think the main issue with making a clearly defined list of what is allowed and what isn’t allowed is that you will never make an all inclusive list. There will always be something that you didn’t take into account or some exemption to a rule (I don’t have many examples, but one could be promoting other products/services. We would punish for someone saying ‘let’s go play on hypixel’, but people just referencing hypixel would likely be allowed such as ‘hypixel has bedwars’. You could say that they are promoting another service since other people may leave and go check it out, but it really depends on context).

For something like inappropriate/offensive content, that would include things like swearing, sexual stuff, being repeatedly rude (this would be more under bullying), etc. You do have to take a lot of these things case by case since it is impossible to have an all inclusive list. A problem with having a defined list is that people try their absolute hardest to walk the line, being the most inappropriate they can be while still technically being within the rules. The best rule to follow is just to have common sense. Like don’t go around swearing at others and being a jerk. If you aren’t actively trying to walk the line of what is allowed and what isn’t, then you should have no issue with being inside the rules.

I think we should at least have more examples of what would be allowed in the rules that are less commonly known since many people do end up asking about it to clarify.
This isn't really a suggestion though, I just wanted to know what is considered inappropriate/offensive content, I understand that it's quite a hard task to create a full list of things that aren't allowed - but just this one sentence is really vague.
For example, I don't think that having a pfp of a girl in a bikini is inappropriate - but a member of the staff team might think it is - while another member of the staff team thinks it isn't as well.

So there's the biggest problem, how are you even going to moderate that? Clearly the rules are pointless in this situation - they just give us this vague "inappropriate/offensive" -line.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Who Invented Jumpbridging/Mj Bridging?

I need help uncovering the history of Bedrocks Most popular Method
If you know any old time players that might know something contact me on my discord
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
My discord is : aviussabes​

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Res734's profile.
Happy Birthday have an awesome day today! ^-^
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on BladeBreakerMC's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Reesle wrote on Res734's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Reesle wrote on BladeBreakerMC's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
Top Bottom