Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like to see Island Degradation return?

• Yes

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • No

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Yes, but in a separate version of Skywars (i.e. to replace 'No Kits & Abilities')

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Yes, but as a donator vote option (i.e. alongside 'Chest type' and 'Time')

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • I don't mind

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
In 2014, Skywars had a feature called Island Degradation, where after a few minutes, the outer islands will begin to collapse. This forced players to bridge to the middle, else they'd become increasingly vulnerable and eventually die. As you can imagine, camping wasn't really a problem so much back then, and games played out a lot differently, and much faster. However, it was also a lot harder to get to middle due to more people expecting you to bridge.

The mechanic was removed due to an overwhelming dislike for it, however I believe that this was partly due to the overpowered nature of donator kits. Hell, one of those kits gave you an enderpearl, allowing you to go to the middle instantly.

Knowing what we know today, with issues such as camping or overpowered chests, would you like to see this mechanic return in some way? Please vote in the poll above, as I am curious to see what people think about it :)

Reactions: ToastO_O

vinlir

Jun 14, 2015
Belgium
www.youtube.com
That's a difficult one, would really have to try it out to see if I like it. I wouldn't like it all the time, maybe as a voting option for donors. OR make it like a random world event like you have them in SG. They occur rarely, I'd like it that way.

I like the idea, I think campers in skywars is a problem that should be dealt with.
But I also like skywars like it currently is and I also think a lot of players would dislike the feature. Maybe add this as a certain mode for skywars (maybe it can replace the ''no kits and abilities'' section) but this could mean campers could just play normal mode to camp.
I don't know if this could apply to every map, I imagine all the players in a map like savannah instantly going to the small mid island, all those players in the small middle.... probably not the best idea ever.
But I think it could work in other maps like the new glass because there are still two islands islands between the spawn islands and mid, there is enough space to fight before everyone has to go to the small mid.
I think it's a 50/50 from me.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Sounds like a good idea, I remember using that kit to go to mid. Other than the ender pearl kit being the huge issue; the other issue with this is how soon after the game started that decay began, it was only like 3 minutes and it was very sudden and gave players very little time to react.

Being that our version of Skywars gives players a large selection of projectiles I think decay forcing people to bridge just allows people to get free kills. If there weren't anywhere near as many projectiles in chests then it'd be a good idea, to force everyone to mid to have a deathmatch but instead, everyone gets shot off before they even reach mid.

I think it could come back as a voting option but it's going to need huge tweaks to make it fair and playable.

Reactions: Sophie and CubeTale

ToastO_O

Sep 7, 2016
Egypt
In 2014, Skywars had a feature called Island Degradation, where after a few minutes, the outer islands will begin to collapse. This forced players to bridge to the middle, else they'd become increasingly vulnerable and eventually die. As you can imagine, camping wasn't really a problem so much back then, and games played out a lot differently, and much faster. However, it was also a lot harder to get to middle due to more people expecting you to bridge.

The mechanic was removed due to an overwhelming dislike for it, however I believe that this was partly due to the overpowered nature of donator kits. Hell, one of those kits gave you an enderpearl, allowing you to go to the middle instantly.

Knowing what we know today, with issues such as camping or overpowered chests, would you like to see this mechanic return in some way? Please vote in the poll above, as I am curious to see what people think about it :)
The idea is really cool I'd like to see that for only donators as a vote option maybe also if they added like a TNT rain or so will be great or meteors voting option where fireballs will fall from the sky.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
On most team maps currently most of the fights take place on the outer islands and I am fine with that, I like having fights between only two teams. I also rarely have a problem with campers on team skywars with normal chests, since camping is a pretty bad strategy in the first place and usually only bad players do it.
Overpowered is completely ridiculous and has bigger problems than this could solve, but I also don't think this could make it any worse.
For normal I don't think this would make the game more enjoyable for me, but this is one of the things that might be worth testing on a beta server and then letting players decide.

Huob

Jun 4, 2017
Holland
i dont know, it sounds like a good idea, but i only see people teaming in OP.
Normal/basic mode is not full of campers.

I

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
I wont like it. I really like SkyWars how it is now and this will change the idea of how SkyWars is now. Sure the amount of campers will get reduced, but campers are also part of SkyWars. It would be so annoying if youre rushing across the islands and killing everyone, and then have to build to mid because the islands are disappearing. A no for me.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Thunder wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy birthday!
Reesle wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday, Cool Designer! 🥳
Mintypie231 wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈 🎂
parent calling you halfway through pvp is the worst debuff you could ever get
Take back what I said earlier, the Infected Wolf spider from grounded is terrifying
Top Bottom