Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you like these ideas?

• Total voters

Herrero

Mar 4, 2017
Introduction

After reading some threads, such as, https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/please-add-infection.224643/ (where I've read a comment of @Sweetenerera, which made me think of this thread), many people agree infection is broken.

I personally used to like infection a while ago, but I got bored of it because every game I played was alike, people camping, waiting and hidding for a long time, waiting until that last player hidding was revealed...

After analyzing the game, I noticed human shouldn't be stronger than infecteds, because I understood being infected as a mutation of human which made them. Also, in the zombie films I've watched human kept running away from zombies, which is reflected on infection but not as clearly as it should be. The reason why I think this, is that human try to gear up to be stronger than infecteds, so they can defend from them. This idea matched my previous points and I reached the conclusion that infection should be changed almost fully.

I decided to think of a way in which the game could be viable respecting the previously said and that's how I thought of make a version of this game based in the game "Friday the 13th" adapted to infection.

- There will be 2 teams, infecteds and humans Depending on the map sizes, there could be around 12-15 humans and 2-3 infecteds when the game starts.

- . Humans have to collect certain items to be able to escape from the area where they are trapped with the infected people. The items could be, keys to open a door which blocks a road and to start cars; petrol or items to repair any kind of vehicle, skis for a map based on winter...

- Infecteds will be able to kill human after hitting them twice (or three times in case it's too op). Hits would have a cooldown so an infected doesn't kill a full hp human instantly.

- Human could have speed II while infecteds have speed I.

- There could be power-ups which could allow humans to scape momentarily from an infected. These would appear in certain ares on the map. Some examples could be, stunning long distance items, extra speed, shields, one item to tp an infected to their spawn point (as this one is op it wouldn't spawn every often), a grappling bow or an ender bow...

- Fall damge over 6-7 blocks would hurt a human as much as a hit from an infected player.
- Maps shouldn't have many open areas so human aren't caught so fast.

- The game would last 8-10 minutes if human can't escape and if the time runs out human will lose (the reason of this idea is that human don't camp anywhere).
- Obviously, if an infected kills a human they will be infected.

- Human will be revealed in the last 45 seconds of the game.

The most of the mechanics are based on other games. I was trying to avoid it to be too hard to develop this game. I'm sure there must be much more behind what I'm going to mention in the next paragraph, but I've made all I could to use mechanics that are already a thing on CubeCraft.

The collected items could be taken from chests. To be able to use them, they could be "captured" like in the paintball CTF or blockwars CTF in a certain area close to rhe vehicles. Another way to do this could be putting them inside furnace (or any other item) like in present rush.

There are items which have cooldown in many other games, such as, Lucky Islands (almost every bow has it) or slime survival (the player tracker has it) so probably they will be able to do the same with swords.

Power-ups could be taken like in Slime Survival and many of the examples I've given are already a thing. About the power-up that allows a human to tp an infected to their spawn point, it could kill the infected but without the animation so it looks like they just tped.

These are the mechanics I think could be the most problematic from the ideas given above.

As building maps would take too much time, they could allow the community to build maps for this new version of infection. From what I've seen Yoya has a great eye when evaluating a map. In spite of this, it will be hard to evaluate a map of a game which haven't been played before. It will also be hard for builders because they don't have references to make the maps.

I'm going to explain how I think these maps could be, but I'm totally open to hearing any kind of suggestion.

The infection map size we have now is good but if a human is in the surface they can easily be seen by infecteds. In this version, there's won't be a way to get underground so there should be, trees, houses, etc. so human aren't seen so easily. Every map must have a way to be able to escape, so planes, boats, cars or anything more creative you could think of must be built. The power-ups spawn point and human and infected player's spawn point must be set.

I don't consider this new infection game version as a finished game so I'm totally open to hearing your suggestion (as I said before about the maps) to make it more complex, fun, balanced or whatever.

I must thank @Eli (I can't tag you but it's your fault lol) for helping me with the layout of the thread and pushing me to write this thread.

Waiting for your suggestions ^-^

Reactions: Eli

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Introduction

After reading some threads, such as, https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/please-add-infection.224643/ (where I've read a comment of @Sweetenerera, which made me think of this thread), many people agree infection is broken.

I personally used to like infection a while ago, but I got bored of it because every game I played was alike, people camping, waiting and hidding for a long time, waiting until that last player hidding was revealed...

After analyzing the game, I noticed human shouldn't be stronger than infecteds, because I understood being infected as a mutation of human which made them. Also, in the zombie films I've watched human kept running away from zombies, which is reflected on infection but not as clearly as it should be. The reason why I think this, is that human try to gear up to be stronger than infecteds, so they can defend from them. This idea matched my previous points and I reached the conclusion that infection should be changed almost fully.

I decided to think of a way in which the game could be viable respecting the previously said and that's how I thought of make a version of this game based in the game "Friday the 13th" adapted to infection.

- There will be 2 teams, infecteds and humans Depending on the map sizes, there could be around 12-15 humans and 2-3 infecteds when the game starts.

- . Humans have to collect certain items to be able to escape from the area where they are trapped with the infected people. The items could be, keys to open a door which blocks a road and to start cars; petrol or items to repair any kind of vehicle, skis for a map based on winter...

- Infecteds will be able to kill human after hitting them twice (or three times in case it's too op). Hits would have a cooldown so an infected doesn't kill a full hp human instantly.

- Human could have speed II while infecteds have speed I.

- There could be power-ups which could allow humans to scape momentarily from an infected. These would appear in certain ares on the map. Some examples could be, stunning long distance items, extra speed, shields, one item to tp an infected to their spawn point (as this one is op it wouldn't spawn every often), a grappling bow or an ender bow...

- Fall damge over 6-7 blocks would hurt a human as much as a hit from an infected player.
- Maps shouldn't have many open areas so human aren't caught so fast.

- The game would last 8-10 minutes if human can't escape and if the time runs out human will lose (the reason of this idea is that human don't camp anywhere).
- Obviously, if an infected kills a human they will be infected.

- Human will be revealed in the last 45 seconds of the game.

The most of the mechanics are based on other games. I was trying to avoid it to be too hard to develop this game. I'm sure there must be much more behind what I'm going to mention in the next paragraph, but I've made all I could to use mechanics that are already a thing on CubeCraft.

The collected items could be taken from chests. To be able to use them, they could be "captured" like in the paintball CTF or blockwars CTF in a certain area close to rhe vehicles. Another way to do this could be putting them inside furnace (or any other item) like in present rush.

There are items which have cooldown in many other games, such as, Lucky Islands (almost every bow has it) or slime survival (the player tracker has it) so probably they will be able to do the same with swords.

Power-ups could be taken like in Slime Survival and many of the examples I've given are already a thing. About the power-up that allows a human to tp an infected to their spawn point, it could kill the infected but without the animation so it looks like they just tped.

These are the mechanics I think could be the most problematic from the ideas given above.

As building maps would take too much time, they could allow the community to build maps for this new version of infection. From what I've seen Yoya has a great eye when evaluating a map. In spite of this, it will be hard to evaluate a map of a game which haven't been played before. It will also be hard for builders because they don't have references to make the maps.

I'm going to explain how I think these maps could be, but I'm totally open to hearing any kind of suggestion.

The infection map size we have now is good but if a human is in the surface they can easily be seen by infecteds. In this version, there's won't be a way to get underground so there should be, trees, houses, etc. so human aren't seen so easily. Every map must have a way to be able to escape, so planes, boats, cars or anything more creative you could think of must be built. The power-ups spawn point and human and infected player's spawn point must be set.

I don't consider this new infection game version as a finished game so I'm totally open to hearing your suggestion (as I said before about the maps) to make it more complex, fun, balanced or whatever.

I must thank @Eli (I can't tag you but it's your fault lol) for helping me with the layout of the thread and pushing me to write this thread.

Waiting for your suggestions ^-^
I absolutely loved your idea since the moment you told me about it! Not only because Infection itself is a pretty boring game, that can get frustrating if you're trying to somehow get wins by winning a human (which is extremely hard to do) but also because at the end the final goal of the game always seemed a bit lackluster and unoriginal. Now with your proposal you're suggesting to change the entire way players perceive the continuity of the game. In other words, if your suggestion were to be implemented, Infection would pass from being a survival/hiding game into a survival game with a sense of progression and with a realistic objective.

I really like this, and I hope it'll get the attention it deserve, otherwise I think it's just time to call it a day and take the game out of the Featured Cycle to make space for new, more wanted ones (Speed EggWars)

Reactions: Herrero
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy Birthday Mivke 🥳
Basketman wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy Birthday 🎉
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Reesle wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Reesle wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
Top Bottom