_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey, y'all!

In an effort to make Egg Wars better again, and make both haters and enjoyers of the new update come to a compromise, I have a reasonable and simple suggestion: Let's make Season 2 a voteable option.

Since Season 2 is not permanent and Season 3 will inevitably change everything, why not allow us to vote for the way the game is to be played? Options can include Classic Normal, Classic OP, Season 2 Normal, and Season 2 OP.

I think this would not only be very agreeable for all sides and be easy to implement but also allow Egg Wars to be fresh in different ways.

What do y'all think? Let me know below!

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I suggested something similar to this before the update came to bedrock. Whenever a new Eggwars season starts, players should be able to vote for the trades that were in the previous season, for overpowered and/or normal mode trade prices. At the start of each season, players who like the old trades can have them for an extra season, and at the same time, will warm up to the new trades in the current season. As someone who doesn’t play Eggwars and has an unbiased perspective, I believe implementing something like this would benefit this game mode.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

Wildd

Dedicated Member
Jun 4, 2020
Because I personally don't like the idea of having too many different voting options, it is too confusing.

And the point of season 2 is to have new changes in eggwars, if we have a permanent 'OG eggwars' option that half defeats the point.

I myself feel like Eggwars OP needs some balancing, but this is not the way to go about it.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Because I personally don't like the idea of having too many different voting options, it is too confusing.

And the point of season 2 is to have new changes in eggwars, if we have a permanent 'OG eggwars' option that half defeats the point.

I myself feel like Eggwars OP needs some balancing, but this is not the way to go about it.

We already have 3 voting options, I'm not sure why one more would be "too confusing." Also, considering most people do not like the new changes anyways and the most common suggestion is to remove the update, why not allow both to be possible? Normal or Classic and Season 2 are drastically different, almost enough to be their own game modes.

• Agree
Reactions: sansbyuwu

Wildd

Dedicated Member
Jun 4, 2020
We already have 3 voting options, I'm not sure why one more would be "too confusing." Also, considering most people do not like the new changes anyways and the most common suggestion is to remove the update, why not allow both to be possible? Normal or Classic and Season 2 are drastically different, almost enough to be their own game modes.
There's a different between Hardcore, Normal and Overpowered and Normal, OP, OG Normal and OG OP.
And why would we remove hardcore? With this update hardcore is much more unique and super fun to play, with the take of no food.

Either way, you either have 6 voting options or are removing Hardcore.

And people don't like the changes but there is always a compromise, that does not involve completely reverting the update.
The team behind the update has already been very public and keen to get feedback and adjust where needed, and there is a compromise.

And I stand by my point that having a permanent unchanging mode defeats the point of updating the game at all.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
I can think of very few eggwars updates that haven't been suggested to become a "voteable option", this always seems to happen.

I don't find it to be a reasonable solution at all because:
  • Setting aside this new version of eggwars as a voting option is essentially undermining it as a minor update which was actually intended to bring big changes to gameplay.
  • Making the ENTIRE version a voting option is in a way eliminating ALL of the new features, and I hardly think each and every new feature in this version is to be reverted.
I would totally support a less absolutist solution that examines carefully each characteristic of the new update, instead of placing everything in the same bag and casting it away as a voting option.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
There's a different between Hardcore, Normal and Overpowered and Normal, OP, OG Normal and OG OP.
And why would we remove hardcore? With this update hardcore is much more unique and super fun to play, with the take of no food.

Either way, you either have 6 voting options or are removing Hardcore.

First off, really appreciate your response. Also, I forgot Hardcore was also added my bad. However, It's still doable or at least as a separate game mode (Unlikely). It's not as confusing nor hard to do as you might think, most people who buy ranks have the ability to comprehend different versions and what game mode they want to play.

And people don't like the changes but there is always a compromise, that does not involve completely reverting the update.
The team behind the update has already been very public and keen to get feedback and adjust where needed, and there is a compromise.

And I stand by my point that having a permanent unchanging mode defeats the point of updating the game at all.

But even still, having the option is a compromise as opposed to reverting the update. However, had developers actually LISTENED to what Java said about the update people wouldn't be upset now. In the long time it took for the update, devs could have looked at past community feedback going to waste or learning from past mistakes yet we are here again. It's not fair to scrap their work, I agree, but it's not fair to us who waited so long for something we never wanted/asked for. There is absolutely no denying that the update is not liked very much, what's worse is the player count is also taking a toll. So is it even worth trying to defend an update that is clearly not working? The compromises being suggested by staff do not fix the core issues we have with the update.

Also yes, it would, but instead of removing it let players choose, that's compromise no? Or is compromise what the team decides we can/can't ask for change?

I can think of very few eggwars updates that haven't been suggested to become a "voteable option", this always seems to happen.

I don't find it to be a reasonable solution at all because:
  • Setting aside this new version of eggwars as a voting option is essentially undermining it as a minor update which was actually intended to bring big changes to gameplay.
  • Making the ENTIRE version a voting option is in a way eliminating ALL of the new features, and I hardly think each and every new feature in this version is to be reverted.
I would totally support a less absolutist solution that examines carefully each characteristic of the new update, instead of placing everything in the same bag and casting it away as a voting option.

Well, if the update were popular enough it would be voted a lot and people wouldn't be complaining yes? I mean allowing us to choose what we want is far more reasonable than having an update that's disliked and not really having a way to improve it that will satisfy the problems we have with it. It's also not really throwing it to the side, because considering how drastically different this version is compared to classic it would allow for different gameplay and unique options for players. Not everyone liked playing OP and not everyone liked playing Normal which is why we had voting options there, why is Classic vs new egg wars any different than that separation? It's almost like one is normal and one is op. If a lot of people do not like current Egg Wars, and most want old egg wars back, and developers won't revert an update that maybe shouldn't have gone the way it did, what options would you suggest to make these players happy?

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D I hope you have an awesome day today!
GiGaGekkies wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy Birthday
GiGaGekkies wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday
people on roblox are so crazy they target me for having a “furry-like” outfit so often that i have to switch to a cowboy outfit just so i can have a normal experience 🤣🤣🙏
Top Bottom