Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 486292

Some, possibly a majority of these bugs have been reported, yet not fixed. They impact gameplay. Please assume im not naive and I know what im talking about when listing all these bugs. I have made several revisions to this post since I initially submitted it, as I am always finding/recalling new bugs to add to the long list. I have also recently updated this post with a new series of bugs because the addition of a new protocol dev for the server has given me some hope for change.

-Occasionally, when a player dies a "ghost chest" will spawn near their death location, but the entity isnt interactable but still has collision. Clicking on the chests makes then disappear.

-the "ghost chest can also be triggered manually.

-the player list in games has broken. The same few players will show up at the top of the screen in every game you queue into. Note this occurrence in the video:

-CPU spikes whenever the skywars duos viking map is loaded into. I have repeatedly noticed more usage when loading into this map compared to the other maps (perhaps this has something to do with the poor map chunk rendering?)

-the knockback calculator on the server is broken. I have reason to believe this isnt solely attributed to lag. In the following video, I am fighting a player with relatively consistent connection, but knockback seems to be nonexistent for the enemy. I do not have this issue on other servers like the hive (which is hosted in the same region as cubecraft).

-block breaking sounds and animations are slower than vanilla. Here is a comparison. The first clip is from cubecraft (obviously):

-this is the speed that the breaking animation should play at as well as the proper pitch the corresponding sound should be (recorded in a single player world). The difference is subtle but definitely noticeable if you frequent vanilla:

-Carpet breaking animations dont play

-here is what it should look like (done in a single player world)

-not exactly exclusive to skywars but the /ping command almost always returns 0 or 1ms, when it clearly is not. I have about 160ms according to the /ping command on the java server.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13J9cyAqwCnqMFT67RqOZa_4V-gfwVqqM/view?usp=sharing

-crouching and right clicking on a gravestone with blocks will quickly place and unplace a block above it.

-shift clicking arrows into the offhand slot causes the entire hotbar system and inventory to break. The arrows also appear black and dont fire. The food eating and player tracker sounds are coming from my hotbar- the game thinks I im trying to interact with those items but you can clearly see that I am not selecting them.

-the viking map in SW duos has serious problems. The first of which is this (having a 90% chance of getting stuck in the door):

-the second of which is the awful server-side chunk rendering of the map. This also would happen in an identical fashion to all the new maps on the network (such as the christmas ones from december of 2019):

-placing blocks on top of snow is just really glitchy. you can often get forced out of it if you tower. Same goes for carpets, occasionally.

-Server side performance/inconvenience issues (beyond just the scope of skywars):
-towering up while holding down right click or spam clicking really fast (now in rarer instances) causes the block to unplace. Rubik did a nice job of improving this fault back in march, but it still has problems. It could just be a latency issue, however I still felt that this was worth reporting.

-regeneration has some problems on the server. The following 2 videos were supplied to me and explained by DubbyPlays (who, you may know, is a helper here on CC).

he says "
^ ^ ^ This is the regeneration after I pvped a player. I wasn't receiving any damage, or hit, I was simply breaking chests in the map (I had the effect of the golden apple as well)." You will notice that his health actually goes down half a heart without taking any damage.

^ ^ ^ this is how regeneration and saturation should behave. He says "^ ^ ^ This instead, is the regeneration after I managed to lose more hunger nothces. I waited until I could get like 6-7 food notches and then I ate a steak (I also had the gapple effect)."

My main takeaway from this bug is that hunger can sometimes go down the literal instant food is eaten. Additionally, the health goes down by itself without taking damage, likely due to the fact that the client and server are out of sync with how much saturation the player has (which determines how much natural regeneration the player can receive before needing to eat more food).

-food displays the eating animation but no eating sound, and does not eat. Food also sometimes eats between 0.5-1 second late, which can be problematic if you need to heal in a melee situation. This is only becoming more and more prevalent for whatever reason, and since golden apples were nerfed yet again as of 5/2, thats basically a death sentence to me. here is an example:

-any friend who is in a skywars mega game displayed when you run the command /f list will return an "online in unknown".
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WIjg6k85A1v9ahmZolFtX1YAwX_xarJ-

-I understand this next issue could be caused in part by lag, but I dont have this problem on the java server so I figured it was worth noting. Shift clicking items throughout your inventory is very buggy and finicky. On rare instances, items are stuck in limbo in a given slot and I am unable to move them to other sports without exiting and re-endering my inventory.

-Quickly HOTKEYING (not using the scrollwheel to switch items) to another hotbar slot after eating a food item, using a bow, etc will cause the hotbar slots to bug. This is a very frustrating bug especially if I want to use projectiles to administer knockback quickly. Anyone familiar with the fishing rod pvp meta will know that successfully utilizing the fishing rod as a knockback tool requires being able to hotkey at precise times. Snowballs and eggs are supposed to emulate that concept on bedrock, but currently with their bugginess (and delayed spawning upon right-clicking), they arent as useful. Pay attention to what item I am selecting in the video.

-eating food and then quickly switching hotbar slots immediately after the food has finished eating causes the same food item and quantity to be duplicated and replaced in the hotbar slot that you switched to. However, its not a "real" duplication because resetting the location of the "duplicated" item(s) in your hotbar gives you back the old item in the slot that you switched to. see this video:

-here is another example of buggy inventories. Pay attention to the diamond sword and notice that it flat out disappears. I did not drop the item, I simply shift clicked it into my inventory.

--This error happens to me very frequently., The chat tells me that the server I tried to warp to in order to queue into the next game is full. https://drive.google.com/file/d/18efpKl5xzU2d5pBB1mO5-I6_p4vubx_R/view?usp=sharing

-The grass map in mega skywars has major performance problems. Here are 3 clips showcasing the frame drops I as well as many others experience at the start of every game in this map. (the frame drops also occur in the other 2 maps, however it is the most and most significant in this map because of the fact that there are many more areas in which you could fall into the void due to lag). Also, I know my recording software does not play a part in this lag because I receive the same outcome even without recording. I have a very high end computer as well.

-TNT in all cubecraft maps that involve it, but more specifically in this same grass map, has major performance issues. TNT exploding makes all players freeze in place or move very slowly. (Quoting an excerpt from one of my past suggestions about mega skywars) "TNT is another problem that inadvertently ties into the lag complaint; the problems with exploding TNT are actually prevalent in all gamemodes that involve the item. When TNT explodes (particularly several at a time), it causes every player in the game to "freeze" in place in order to let the TNT explode BEFORE the players are permitted to move again. Given the labyrinthine and treacherous layout of the grass map in Mega SW, TNT exploding has resulted in many players, including myself, falling in between the gaps in the terrain and into the void. Velocity is not preserved if a player jumps and TNT explodes midair."

-Pay attention to how how I freeze in the first clip, and how slowly WHGAT falls in the 2nd clip. The 3rd clip is a 1st person POV of the freezing issue.

-weighted pressure plates play the planks breaking sound. Many block breaking and placement sounds are incorrect on this server.

-Server crashes:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oHsEmzOYCocfa5AS3UTFvzsSkeVS3yRB/view?usp=sharing

-this (it shouldnt need much explaining):

-as of 3/26, the block placing sounds have broken again. They either dont play or play the wrong sound:

-as of 3/26, bridging while placing blocks plays sounds improperly. here is a video showcasing the issue on the server.
this is what it should sound like:

-As of Rubik's newest issue of bug fixes (implemented on 3/25 I believe), he added block breaking and placing sounds to the server. This fix also brought about a few more bugs with it. Block placing and breaking sounds sound "echo-y" and very delayed. Also, swapping armor from the hotbar plays the armor swapping sound twice. Each time the player interacts with an entity (eggs, snowballs, pearl, food, bow, etc), a specific sound is always played beforehand. Its hard to describe, but its most apparent when drawing a bow. The footstep sounds when walking are most noticeable in context of the sound echoing issue. it sounds like im being followed by someone close by. This was not a problem before the most recent bug fix. Refer to the video.

-Queuing into a new skywars chaos game (while currently in a game after just dying/winning) yields this error when using the compass: "There are too many players in your party to continue playing this gamemode". That might not be the exact wording, but I forgot to get a screenshot. This error came up while I was in a party of 2, if that's relevant.

trying to right click and open a gravestone will not work when it spawns at the very corner of the cave in the fruit map in skywars duos. Of course, bedrock has no such thing as a keystrokes mod, youll just have to take my word for it that i am right clicking the gravestone that cannot be opened as seen in the video below:

-when in a party of multiple people (I believe this only happens when there are 3+ people in the party, but im not sure), this red error message pops up repeatedly at random intervals for all the dead spectators in the party, despite not interacting with/right clicking the teleporting compass at all. https://drive.google.com/open?id=161LimQaTMbbh0atRxVsyW34ZUzuO9SEA

-This bug occasionally happens after winning a game and queuing into the next, but only if you stand completely still and don't move. You will get teleported to the ground either at the center of the map or right below where you were supposed to get teleported in your glass cage. Here is a photo of me spawning at the center of a map in SW duos. Note that this bug fixes itself the second you move your mouse. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-pk6fg_5A1heqfP9F2P0k2Iy1eHYrXXM

Im not sure if this is a bug or not, but skywars duos and quads games do not show a game summary for the winning team. For example, here is a screenshot of a game summary in solo skywars. I am referring to the chat at the top right of the screen that tells you bow accuracy, kill count, etc. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ukPHgFAFqQsBNgNosQuK943gGR7OGg6-

-using the 1.13+ feature of auto equipping/replacing armor from hotbar slots, doing this and immediately after clicking the "drop item" button (default is Q on PC), the dropped item sound will play but the item will not be removed from your inventory. Refer to the video.

-Block breaking sounds are inaudible and/or not present.

-sometimes when a player dies, the block breaking animation will sometimes slowly play corresponding to the block that he or she was last facing upon death.This bug occuring seems to be unpredictable and rare, but fortunately I was able to get footage of it. Attached is an image as well as a video.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BBRFjJO43-AoM_PhK_sIRICiRxYo5USK

-after dying, normally the teleport menu will pop up indefinitely until you click a button on it or click off of it for it to disappear. However if you keep it open for a certain duration, and later click one of the buttons (go back to lobby, play again, etc), nothing will happen unless you switch to an empty hotbar slot and click the compass again to open it.

-this bug is only present when you are in parties. On rare instances, you will be spawned in the middle of the map before the game starts (sometimes with, sometimes without your teammate in the game), and have a white name tag. If you manage to survive throughout the entirety of the game, the last person (or people, if they are on the same team), other than you or your teammate that spawned in the middle will be awarded the win along with you. Your name shows as white and isnt assigned a red or green name tag when this bug occurs.

-occasionally armor is not removable. Dragging the armor piece or shifting+clicking q will remove the piece for a split second but the armor reappears equipped

-double chests occasionally spawn near or directly where a player has died. They can be floating or on the floor. You cant interact with these chests, but they have collision with the player. Right clicking them makes them disappear.

-ender pearls are very buggy. Sometimes, throwing them can cause you to suffocate in a wall or throw at the wrong trajectory. They arent practical from a competitive standpoint or to "clutch", as they dont function properly if you try to switch hotbar slots and throw them quickly to save yourself from falling into the void. Coupling this with the throwable entities bug, its logical for me to not use pearls at all for these reasons.

-axes arent craftable. Not sure if this is a bug or intended feature, but it doesnt make much sense as to why this wouldnt work. As of 2/21, ive been told that they are craftable but the recipe is mirrored. See the video below.

Also, immediately after recording this, I was killed by a hacker. Thanks Sentinel!

-left clicking on a gravestone occasionally opens it. The possibility of this seems random, but the need for a fix is imperative as PVP fights near a gravestone may cause you to open one up. As you could imagine, youre going to take a couple extra hits as you frustratingly try to toggle out of the gravestone UI in the case of that happening.

-Occasionally, a player will have an invisible skin. I am certain that the player's skin doesnt load due to a BUG, and his or her skin of choice is not actually invisible because there is no drop shadow or name tag attached to the player. Particles and the associated sounds that the player produces (footsteps, chests opening, etc) are still present.

-there is a chest in the main gingerbread house in the "cake" map in skywars teams of 4 that is always empty. not sure which island or which chest exactly. im too lazy to find out through trial and error.

-there is a chest in the skywars teams of 4 map called "lion" that is also empty and missing a loot table. It is on one of the spawn islands towards the front-left of the island if you were to face the center.

-there is a chest near the crafting table in the drop down area (with ladder and the 2x2 hole) on the rainbow map for skywars teams of 2 that is empty and missing a loot table. Like the other 2 reports above, im not sure which island its on.

-Upon opening the wooden doors of the first story of the main house in the "western" map in teams of 4, one of the doors opens normally at first, but then a split second later it opens backwards, splitting the center of the 2x2 walk space.

-Right clicking wood planks that are part of certain maps causes them to change wood type. For example, in the same map, "Western", right clicking the oak wood planks in the back center house on the spawn island causes the planks on the floor to turn to birch for a brief second.

-I am not sure how to replicate this bug. I suspect it might have something to do with staying near the player that just killed you for too long as a spectator. When trying to orbit around the map to spectate other parts of the game than the area near where you died, you repeatedly get teleported back to the player who killed you when traveling more than about ~20 blocks away.

-upon doing a "chain bridge", also called "jump bridge" (player creates a block chain by holding down right click when the crosshair hovers over blocks), there is a chance that the blocks unplace after the 3rd block, causing you to fall into the void. This tends to happen if you jump on a half slab or close to the block you place first to initiate the bridge. There is a near 100% chance of this happening if you place your initial block on a stair block. This can be replicated by starting the jump bridge off the edge of the spawn island in the paint map in skywars duos, where stairs surround the sides in certain parts of the island.

-shift-crafting certain items (ex:crafting table) while still selecting planks with your mouse (for example) does not let you craft.

-horrible rubberbanding towards the center spawn when teleporting back to the lobby. This problem is a much bigger issue when the server is laggy (cough cough, when there are a lot of players online)

-mined blocks occasionally unmine instantly after they should be broken. This nearly always happens if the player stands too close to the block he or she is trying to break.

-I was told by staff that this feature exists, yet it doesnt seem to function. If you were to die in a skwars duos or to4 game but stay in the game as a spectator and your alive teammates win the game, you do not receive the win.

-in very rare instances, enchantment tables and anvils spawn in the main islands for teams of 4 maps. When trying to interact (right click/mine, etc.) with them, they instantly disappear. Again, this happens once in 100-200 games, so I would have an incredible difficult time proving this bug. But trust me, it exists.

-the following video should be self-explanatory. I reported this exact bug several months ago, but surprise surprise, it hasnt been fixed. While the following video is the most extreme case I experienced, the normal rubberbanding on a good day would only last for a few seconds. Id put my odds at a 50% chance that I get rubberbanded in this exact same spot in the "streets" map in skywars teams of 4.

-this is perhaps the most damning of all. At peak times (saturdays and sundays in the morning) when the player account exceeds ~10,000, YOUR SERVER LAGS. BAD. Hit registration, block placement, etc significantly diminish in accuracy, and the server tps reduces to an unplayable number from a competitive standpoint. This in turn doesnt allow me to play skywars as frequently as I would wish, considering the fact that the most free time for the general populace (including me, of course), is on the weekends. Lag-combos, glitching into the void, delayed knockback, are all to common for me when this happens. Yes, I live on the west coast of america, I am aware that your server is hosted in the UK. However, I believe my location and connection are irrelevant as factors that contribute to this problem because I have a wired connection, and it is more than adequate when the player count is lower, such as on weeknights (my ping is around 80-100, packet transfer is smooth). I have had countless friends and random users on your discord server report the same happenings at the same times.

"But nrss, its just bedrock, nobody else probably cares other than you!"

Well, the reality is that I really do care about the integrity and order of this server-- A lot more than what is probably warranted. It is by far the best featured server on bedrock. It has the strongest connection and what I believe to be games that you can actually delve into from... a competitive standpoint. My issue resides in the fact that the staff doesnt seem to listen to what some of its most dedicated players have to say about it. Issues get reported, nothing gets changed. Legitimate questions are asked, a weak response or no response at all is returned. There is a reason why you encourage players in chaos skywars to report issues and provide feedback. And I believe it is because the staff team knows the players who are willing to purchase rank are dedicated players. Apparently, their opinion seems to matter more, given this truth. Who says these players cant also be dedicated in other modes? I had a single bedrock player report that took nearly 2 weeks just to be looked at. That in itself is a problem. I know several people that have just applied for helper. While not all of them may know how to code or answer every single one of those questions, I sure as hell know the server would only improve with their addition to the team.

-In the most general sense, the amount of bugs present on the server drastically increased with the 1.13 and 1.14 updates. 1.12 was the newest, most stable version that I favorited for this very reason. For unknown reasons, my framerate is at times cut in half at random times during games. Of course, this issue only arose in the recent updates. I do not believe this issue is the result of my computer, because as implied, my game and frames were stable in 1.12 and older. I have had several friends also verify this case for me.

I hope that in some capacity, through divine intervention or even simply a miracle, this "report", if you will, has at least made an impact on the way things will be run on the server . I really hope that I will be able to forsee a future for the server in which issues like these become resolved. I should also make it clear that this post was not intended to accuse, insult, or demand, but simply to be an eye-opener for the staff, revealing the current state of the bedrock server, a state that is seemingly unnoticed or overlooked.

Thank you, staff, for getting to the bottom of this post and taking the time to read (if at all...). I must sound pretty tangential. To that, I say, it is the one thing that is undoubtedly warranted. These feelings and frustrations I have are a mere reflection of my experiences.

Last edited by a moderator:

Redned

Protocol Developer
Team CubeCraft
💻 Developer
Apr 24, 2020
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to write out such a detailed post. This has been super helpful for me when it comes to fixing bugs! I do however have a few questions/comments on a few of them.

-the knockback calculator on the server is broken. I have reason to believe this isnt solely attributed to lag. In the following video, I am fighting a player with relatively consistent connection, but knockback seems to be nonexistent for the enemy. I do not have this issue on other servers like the hive (which is hosted in the same region as cubecraft).
On my end, I've been unable to reproduce this (I'm joining from the United States so my ping isn't the absolute best). Can you verify on your end if this bug is still present?

sometimes arrows dont fire. Not sure how to replicate this:
Looks like your video is down here. If you're able to replicate this again and get it on video, let me know.

there is a chance that switching to a throwable entity (snowballs, eggs, ender pearls) will automatically throw without you clicking right mouse button. This can also happen whilst throwing these entities, making it seem like "rapid fire" or so to speak.
This is most likely due to you quickly placing blocks, and as you swap to a new slot the placing of the previous block hasn't finished yet, so what ends up happening is the snowball/egg is thrown instead. Could be due to ping, but I'll keep an eye out for this one.

Anyway, once again thanks for the detail in this post. Lots of these bugs should be fixed soon(TM), so keep an eye out :).

D

Deleted member 486292

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to write out such a detailed post. This has been super helpful for me when it comes to fixing bugs! I do however have a few questions/comments on a few of them.

On my end, I've been unable to reproduce this (I'm joining from the United States so my ping isn't the absolute best). Can you verify on your end if this bug is still present?

Looks like your video is down here. If you're able to replicate this again and get it on video, let me know.

This is most likely due to you quickly placing blocks, and as you swap to a new slot the placing of the previous block hasn't finished yet, so what ends up happening is the snowball/egg is thrown instead. Could be due to ping, but I'll keep an eye out for this one.

Anyway, once again thanks for the detail in this post. Lots of these bugs should be fixed soon(TM), so keep an eye out :).

Wow, someone finally responded to my report after months. I mean it sincerely when I say I am grateful to know that my information was found useful by someone who has the ability to make changes. Anyway, I should preface by stating that some of these bugs are already patched (mainly towards the bottom). In mid to late march, rubik took the time to fix a ton of bugs (mainly the most noticeable ones), but not all of them. Some bugs actually were introduced into the server because of the fixes, ironically.

The knockback issue is 100% still existent. Like I said, the hive is located in the same region, but knockback is much more smooth and fluid. I think the best way for you to see the issue is to try playing on other servers to test how knockback differs from cubecraft itself. Hopefully, you will see that the mechanics are drastically different. Players moving back a half a block from 5 hits, sometimes remaining in place on cc. The only server that has a similar problem is lifeboat (but they are also located in the US, as am I-- im pretty sure their servers have a memory leak every 10 seconds though lol). I have a very strong reason to believe that this issue is rooted in the server, and not the player. I should note though, in the 1.16 release knockback will be changing again. Currently, the amount of knockback administered is contingent on probability, and sprint resetting ("w" tapping). This has worked very well for java servers in 1.8. Bedrock is also on a probability scale as of 1.14, but its much more randomized and sprint resetting has been ineffective since 1.13. Many servers feature custom knockback calculators to atone for the arguably unfair state of the vanilla mechanics because it can greatly vary on luck. I would suspect cubecraft does not have any code in place to alter this issue. However in 1.16 (when it releases, of course), knockback will be on a scale instead. The details about this change are rather unclear, but from my best knowledge it works a little something like this: in 1.14 a player will have a 50% chance of taking x amount of knockback, but in 1.16 a player will reduce their knockback by 50%. The whole reason I am bringing this eventual change into light is to explain that a server-side knockback calculation system based on the vanilla 1.16 knockback mechanics will make knockback administration more fair for everyone. It seems to more closely emulate java 1.8 knockback, which is very popular with the PVP community. I made a suggestion on this that encompassed portions of this response to you, feel free to check it out. I also included videos to compare different versions of bedrock and how knockback changed. https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/modify-player-knockback-to-be-nonrandomized.229961/

The videos are back up.

"This is most likely due to you quickly placing blocks, and as you swap to a new slot the placing of the previous block hasn't finished yet, so what ends up happening is the snowball/egg is thrown instead. Could be due to ping, but I'll keep an eye out for this one."

This has been patched.

Also, I would be more than happy to give you all my knowledge about bugs on the bedrock network. Sometimes I feel that its a bit hard to communicate on the forums. I have many friends who would also love to explain in great detail more issues, especially with eggwars. But, if you are interested, you are always welcome to message me on discord. ambientturtle#2309 :D

Redned

Protocol Developer
Team CubeCraft
💻 Developer
Apr 24, 2020
Pronouns
He/Him
Wow, someone finally responded to my report after months. I mean it sincerely when I say I am grateful to know that my information was found useful by someone who has the ability to make changes. Anyway, I should preface by stating that some of these bugs are already patched (mainly towards the bottom). In mid to late march, rubik took the time to fix a ton of bugs (mainly the most noticeable ones), but not all of them. Some bugs actually were introduced into the server because of the fixes, ironically.

The knockback issue is 100% still existent. Like I said, the hive is located in the same region, but knockback is much more smooth and fluid. I think the best way for you to see the issue is to try playing on other servers to test how knockback differs from cubecraft itself. Hopefully, you will see that the mechanics are drastically different. Players moving back a half a block from 5 hits, sometimes remaining in place on cc. The only server that has a similar problem is lifeboat (but they are also located in the US, as am I-- im pretty sure their servers have a memory leak every 10 seconds though lol). I have a very strong reason to believe that this issue is rooted in the server, and not the player. I should note though, in the 1.16 release knockback will be changing again. Currently, the amount of knockback administered is contingent on probability, and sprint resetting ("w" tapping). This has worked very well for java servers in 1.8. Bedrock is also on a probability scale as of 1.14, but its much more randomized and sprint resetting has been ineffective since 1.13. Many servers feature custom knockback calculators to atone for the arguably unfair state of the vanilla mechanics because it can greatly vary on luck. I would suspect cubecraft does not have any code in place to alter this issue. However in 1.16 (when it releases, of course), knockback will be on a scale instead. The details about this change are rather unclear, but from my best knowledge it works a little something like this: in 1.14 a player will have a 50% chance of taking x amount of knockback, but in 1.16 a player will reduce their knockback by 50%. The whole reason I am bringing this eventual change into light is to explain that a server-side knockback calculation system based on the vanilla 1.16 knockback mechanics will make knockback administration more fair for everyone. It seems to more closely emulate java 1.8 knockback, which is very popular with the PVP community. I made a suggestion on this that encompassed portions of this response to you, feel free to check it out. I also included videos to compare different versions of bedrock and how knockback changed. https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/modify-player-knockback-to-be-nonrandomized.229961/

The videos are back up.

"This is most likely due to you quickly placing blocks, and as you swap to a new slot the placing of the previous block hasn't finished yet, so what ends up happening is the snowball/egg is thrown instead. Could be due to ping, but I'll keep an eye out for this one."

This has been patched.

Also, I would be more than happy to give you all my knowledge about bugs on the bedrock network. Sometimes I feel that its a bit hard to communicate on the forums. I have many friends who would also love to explain in great detail more issues, especially with eggwars. But, if you are interested, you are always welcome to message me on discord. ambientturtle#2309 :D
Thanks for getting back to me. I'll definitely look into the knockback situation, and if you want to reach out to me on Discord, please feel free to give me a ping in the #bedrock channel. I like to keep everything there just so other people can see your messages and so they can respond/add on to them if they want. Makes things a bit easier for everyone :).

D

Deleted member 486292

Thanks for getting back to me. I'll definitely look into the knockback situation, and if you want to reach out to me on Discord, please feel free to give me a ping in the #bedrock channel. I like to keep everything there just so other people can see your messages and so they can respond/add on to them if they want. Makes things a bit easier for everyone :).
I understand, and ill keep that in mind. Im currently waiting on an unban appeal from the discord so ill have to take a rain check on that. Additionally, I will continue to update this thread when I come across any new bugs.

Redned

Protocol Developer
Team CubeCraft
💻 Developer
Apr 24, 2020
Pronouns
He/Him
> crouching and right clicking on a gravestone with blocks will quickly place and unplace a block above it.
Not a whole lot can be done here because the block being placed there is clientside.

> the viking map in SW duos has serious problems. The first of which is this (having a 90% chance of getting stuck in the door):
Yep we're aware of this one. The same bug that causes this is the same problem that causes the odd problems when clicking acacia slabs.

> placing blocks on top of snow is just really glitchy. you can often get forced out of it if you tower. Same goes for carpets, occasionally.
Could you provide a video of this also happening with carpets? I'm aware of the snow problem and know what the issue is there, but it's not the same thing when it comes to carpets.

> regeneration has some problems on the server. The following 2 videos were supplied to me and explained by DubbyPlays (who, you may know, is a helper here on CC).
I was able to reproduce a similar problem outside of CubeCraft and it ended up being a clientsided issue. Simply waiting a second or two or right clicking food (but not eating it) fixed the desync on my end. Can you verify that this isn't the case?

D

Deleted member 486292

"Could you provide a video of this also happening with carpets? I'm aware of the snow problem and know what the issue is there, but it's not the same thing when it comes to carpets."

I may have misspoken about this, however the very bottom video of the report from october of last year was my character standing on top of carpets. Dubbyplays was the one who originally hypothesized that carpets were the culprit, and it seemed to make sense. I went back and tried to replicate the freezing bug similar to the very bottom video but was unable to. During that testing process, I discovered that carpets do not play their block breaking animation. I will add that bug to the report.

"I was able to reproduce a similar problem outside of CubeCraft and it ended up being a clientsided issue. Simply waiting a second or two or right clicking food (but not eating it) fixed the desync on my end. Can you verify that this isn't the case?"

I would need more information pertaining to how the desync was triggered "outside of cubecraft". I tried simply eating food while missing health and hunger on easy difficulty in a single player world and everything was completely fine, I was unable to trigger any desyncs. Maybe I am not understanding what you mean. If I may ask, what difficulty is the game set to on Cubecraft? Difficulty affects how quickly your hunger bar depletes. The saturation modifiers of food items also seem to be a much lower tier than in the vanilla game. I can run side-by-side comparisons between a single player world and a CC game to show that food/hunger behaves differently on the server but first I would need to know the difficulty.

Redned

Protocol Developer
Team CubeCraft
💻 Developer
Apr 24, 2020
Pronouns
He/Him
As I believe I mentioned to you on Discord, going forward bug reports should be specific to each bug rather than a large thread with a bunch of them. I'm going to close this thread, but please feel free to open up new bug reports for any bugs in this thread not fixed if you haven't already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on mitgobla's profile.
Thank you for everything! <3
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Soulless_Unity's profile.
Thank you for everything! <3
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on SanCookie's profile.
Thank you for everything you have done <3
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thanks for everything I also wish you goodluck <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday
Top Bottom