Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

iclqp

Feb 12, 2021
Netherlands
My playstyle in skywars is just pushing on enemy’s, but it’s really frustating if they’re placing a lava bucket, because you can’t really do anything about it if you don’t have water with you. I think it would be an interesting idea if the people with a rank can vote if lava and water buckets are enabled or disabled. Its pretty much the same with snowballs and eggs already, so let me know what you think about this!

Zerynn

May 5, 2019
The Netherlands
Lava can be really frustrating, but i don't think they should be removed or voting them out. Small tip: Steak and gaps can work as well against lava. (if you remove the source)

viktorr

Feb 23, 2021
John's Kiwi Farm
I really get the frustration and like the idea of making it "voteable" but I think, by that logic, everything could become an item to vote for and then the whole concept of "Randomized PvP" would not be fun anymore....
Hope this was a useful reply!

Reactions: iclqp

witcher

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2021
Hello,

It'd be difficult to add another voting option to SkyWars as your time is limited, I can tell from experience that I already find it difficult to vote 2/3 in time. Though if, let's say, this were added within one of the existing voting options or an external solution finds its way to make this suggestion work, I still have difficulties with it.

Let it be known that SkyWars isn't as much about fair combat, like the PvP game-mode is. What I enjoy about SkyWars is that people who don't practice their combat skills lifelessly still have a chance at winning and earning points. And the fact is that the Lava bucket is one of the many reasons why the game-mode is currently balanced. It provides people who aren't gifted at PvP or have worse armor to win the game, and removing this, as good as it may sound, will ruin the game more than you could possibly imagine.

If you take away the balance of a game-mode it'll quickly become available to only one group, in this case that'd be people who practice PvP lifelessly. In conclusion, removing the lava bucket would make the game unbalanced and ruin it as time passes by.

Reactions: iclqp and Zerynn

iclqp

Feb 12, 2021
Netherlands
Hello,

It'd be difficult to add another voting option to SkyWars as your time is limited, I can tell from experience that I already find it difficult to vote 2/3 in time. Though if, let's say, this were added within one of the existing voting options or an external solution finds its way to make this suggestion work, I still have difficulties with it.

Let it be known that SkyWars isn't as much about fair combat, like the PvP game-mode is. What I enjoy about SkyWars is that people who don't practice their combat skills lifelessly still have a chance at winning and earning points. And the fact is that the Lava bucket is one of the many reasons why the game-mode is currently balanced. It provides people who aren't gifted at PvP or have worse armor to win the game, and removing this, as good as it may sound, will ruin the game more than you could possibly imagine.

If you take away the balance of a game-mode it'll quickly become available to only one group, in this case that'd be people who practice PvP lifelessly. In conclusion, removing the lava bucket would make the game unbalanced and ruin it as time passes by.
Thank u for your reply, I didn’t look at it this way and I think your right.

Reactions: witcher

iclqp

Feb 12, 2021
Netherlands
I really get the frustration and like the idea of making it "voteable" but I think, by that logic, everything could become an item to vote for and then the whole concept of "Randomized PvP" would not be fun anymore....
Hope this was a useful reply!
Yeah that’s true. It takes a whole part of the game away. Thanks for replying!

iclqp

Feb 12, 2021
Netherlands
Lava can be really frustrating, but i don't think they should be removed or voting them out. Small tip: Steak and gaps can work as well against lava. (if you remove the source)
That’s true, but if your opponent has a bit skill in the game they almost every time win the fight even with gapples (at least with me) Btw your a really good player, I recognize you, cause I play much matches against you. I don’t like playing against you lol!

• Love
Reactions: Zerynn

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
i disagree with you as these are used actual strategies and by that would be ruined too easily.
-water; kit bomber for example can be used to tnt jump, but without water its basically suicide when you're not careful. for others its used to drop from high above and slow down enemies.
-lava; some people love trapping people into a lava pit, or when the enemy is way stronger use it to at least make a chance. also very useful to burn items after killing someone, so nobody else could use them.

Reactions: Zerynn and iclqp

iclqp

Feb 12, 2021
Netherlands
i disagree with you as these are used actual strategies and by that would be ruined too easily.
-water; kit bomber for example can be used to tnt jump, but without water its basically suicide when you're not careful. for others its used to drop from high above and slow down enemies.
-lava; some people love trapping people into a lava pit, or when the enemy is way stronger use it to at least make a chance. also very useful to burn items after killing someone, so nobody else could use them.
I get what you mean and you have a really strong point. However, I meant specifically lava and not water. The lava strategie is indeed a good strategy if your opponent has better stuff, but if no trowables is selected, you also have tactics ruined and less chance against people with better stuff, if you want to void them. So I think it’s not a loss if there is an option where you can vote for it.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
Top Bottom