Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Who wants to have an extra gamemode in Capture the Flag? Like "King of the hills"

• I agree

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • I disagree

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Oct 3, 2020
Hi!

I would like to say that I love Cubecraft and you guys are doing a great job at maintaining that, however i think i have an idea that can make Cubecraft standout even more. So I think capture the flag is a great game mode and i have played it with a lot of friends but I hear the same complaint over and over again and that is that when you join a session and the players are as skilled as you, it is a lot of fun but the opposite is also true which is unfortunately because it ruins the experience. Just imagine you won 95% of the games wouldn't it get boring after a while or you lost every game that you joined, I'm sure you get the picture is not fun to win without a challenge and it's no fun to lose every game you play which potentially lead to declining players.

So my request is, is it possible to put a system in place that figures out how the player(s) are performing and at the same time find similarly preforming players and make them connect to the same session.

You might say it's too complex to implement, just hear me out.

I think it is possible it doesn't need to be a complex system. You can just add “king of the hills” gamemode in Capture the Flag.

That way every team who wins goes to the next round and because you need to win to move to the next round there is more chance that the next team you will face will be more challenging. Also, when it comes to waiting for other teams to move to the next round you can put a shorter time limit and no limit on the amount of flags you can capture that way the team who captured the most in X amount of time will win and because the match can only end when the time has run out people will not need to keep waiting to join to the next session. One more benefit of having a “king of the hills” gamemode in Capture the Flag is that it is a separate gamemode so it is noob friendly and when new players eventually get better they have another challenge that they can take on.

Best regards,
EyeGuudInglash

Reactions: Jiivan and Gemmmmie

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi! I agree with the fact that it’s more fun to play against players who have the same amount of skills as you, but I think cubecraft don’t have enough players for this. Because when players will only match other players with the same skills, games will not fill up as fast as it is right now. I think there‘ll be a chance of waiting 5 minutes in a lobby before the game starts. That’s why I disagree.

Void Krun

Novice Member
Jul 2, 2020
In the void
I have recently took a bit of a break from CC and have been playing it less to focus on getting better at pvp and the way I improved was fighting players better then me so keeping it as it is dependent on how the players adapt.

Gemmmmie

Forum Veteran
Dec 31, 2017
The Butterfly Gardens
I think if it was possible it would be a great idea, some games I find I struggle more than others. For example, one game I could capture all 3 flags within 2 minutes, where others I can almost capture once. Overall, I would love to see this implemented if it is possible.

You should also add a poll, so more people can vote! :3

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Mintypie231 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!! 🎂🎈
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈
yeoxuhang wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎉🎂
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy bday 🎉