Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey, I'm back with another short suggestion that I think would help CubeCraft monetisation on Java and would make the Java server more viable, at least this summer.

In past years, when a seasonal update was released, you had the option to get exclusive cubelets from that event by paying them on the CubeCraft store. This isn't a thing this year, and I guess some people would be interested on paying to get all these exclusive cosmetics (I honestly wouldn't do it, but I'm sure some other people would) that are hard to get by just playing games, as seasonal cubelets are rare. I don't understand why this got removed this year, don't you like money or what guys?

React with :agree: if you agree and give your reasons to agree or disagree to this suggestion.

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Iirc cubelets were removed from the store due to some laws in some countries that don't allow you to pay for random stuff.
Buying a virtual rank is also paying for random stuff from a legal point of view, you are paying for a privilege that only exists within a server, with this I mean that it doesn't exist in real life. As well as paying for plus, boosters or skins. But, let's suppose those countries don't allow their citizens to buy cubelets, ok, then ban these kind of purchases in those countries using your IP as reference to know where you live. You may say that VPN's can be used to falsify your location, and it's true, but nothing can be done with regard to that. And yes, CubeCraft has total access to your IP because it collects data from its players.

I think adding this costs no money to the server and would make them earn more money, considering the financial status of the Java Network isn't the best. So, as I said before, who doesn't like earning money??

• Disagree
Reactions: Amazinq

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Buying a virtual rank is also paying for random stuff from a legal point of view, you are paying for a privilege that only exists within a server, with this I mean that it doesn't exist in real life. As well as paying for plus, boosters or skins. But, let's suppose those countries don't allow their citizens to buy cubelets, ok, then ban these kind of purchases in those countries using your IP as reference to know where you live. You may say that VPN's can be used to falsify your location, and it's true, but nothing can be done with regard to that.
Cubelets give you random loot, you don't know what you're going to get before you buy them. Anyway this cannot be argued, it's simply not allowed by law.

considering the financial status of the Java Network isn't the best. So, as I said before, who doesn't like earning money??
That the financial status of something goes wrong does not justify breaking the law, and the consequences that this may bring. Unfortunately it's not possible to bring back cubelets to the store I guess.

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
That the financial status of something goes wrong does not justify breaking the law, and the consequences that this may bring. Unfortunately it's not possible to bring back cubelets to the store I guess.
That's why I purposed to ban these purchases on the countries whose laws don't allow to buy these kind of products. However, I'm not the one who will pay the server's host. I made the suggestion to try make the Network more viable now that the very own closure of the Java Network is being discussed on the forums. While I don't think Java will be closed for now, it may be in danger in a future that I fear not far. But I understand your arguments, as violating a countrie's rules is never an option, even more for an enterprise.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Top Bottom