Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
Stop derailing the thread please.
The argument ended ages ago, until you started it back up again. And your moderator is asking me questions again, so lemme answer those.

Are you saying that we shouldn't let other members of the forums give their thoughts on the suggestion?
no
Are you saying that adding the communities input into the suggestion doesn't make it a suggestion?
no

I'm just saying that this isn't the correct section to ask for help/feedback. That's all.

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
Maybe if the wotd

Well how the hell do I get my friends to join my team speak server if I can't say the IP in chat. Yes someone paid for the service I guess... So what? People joining a teamspeak isn't exactly worth advertising for? I'm confused about this.

You’re not actually allowed to mention the teamspeak IP. It’s advertising another service.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Why? There are various reasons, most of which being that content on some of the sites is not something we can moderate. While sites like imgur and gyazo are frequently used for screenshots and other family friendly images, there is a very real possibility of less savoury content finding its way there.
Because that obviously goes round in chat like all the time right? No, it doesn't, and it didn't happen when there was no chat filter in party chat(which btw was designed to be like that on purpose until they changed it because they're an "official minecraft partner" which later turned out to have nothing to do with it, even most staff members were against it) either. Polls on previous threads clearly state the opinion of the community, which is against this purposeless censorship. Besides, even if "less savoury content" finding it's way on there and then in party chat for some reason, (which it won't, and has never been an issue before), It's extremely easy to report the player who sent it and punish the player accordingly.

You're acting heavily against your own interest by not allowing these sites in party chat.

Reactions: Shrek Trained Me

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
We're acting in the interests of our players, most of whom don't take the time to comment on the forum. We hear the concerns, but, as with everything, you can't please everyone.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
We're acting in the interests of our players, most of whom don't take the time to comment on the forum. We hear the concerns, but, as with everything, you can't please everyone.
With everyone you mean over 90%.
Yes, not everyone is on the forums, but that doesn't give any reason at all to just neglect all the one-sides polls here which gives a clear answer of what the community actually wants.

Forum polls have been used many times before to make a decision so there's no reason to come up with an excuse that "not everyone is on the forums" right now.

Stop avoiding our points please. You still haven't answered why it would go wrong now if it didn't go wrong before, and why you're acting against a >90% vote of the community (including your own staff team), because that's everything but acting in the interest of your players as far as I can see.

Instead of coming up with these empty excuses that honestly make no sense whatsoever and contradict management's own actions, please tell us why you really decided to not allow these links.

Reactions: Shrek Trained Me

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
please tell us why you really decided to not allow these links.
This is john coles response from the other thread, hope this answers some questions :
Hey! Sorry I tend to be a lurker only liking posts every now and again. I understand you concerns around Chat. I like the idea around either telling a player which word the message was blocked for or replacing the offending word with a character is a good idea in principle. The issue with this is that people who are spamming URLs in chat would then know what we are blocking them for. The difficulty with something like a chat filter is making sure it blocks bad usage but doesn't negatively impact real users.

Allowing links is a little harder even in PMs. We want to prevent people being able to send things like phishing links to get their passwords. I can completely understand that you want to be able to link things like Imgur links for images but at the moment we just blanket ban them. This might be something we look at white listing certain things in in the future but this isn't something we are planning on doing soon.

Having some ability to toggle the filter on and off in PMs or Parties is a nice idea and we can certainly look in to what impact we think this will have on players. Again sometimes it sucks because we have to make a decision that will negatively affect a small percentage of users but provides a better player experience to players over all.

As I have said before we want it to be as good as we can and continue to make changes daily to how it is working. Thanks for your suggestions <3
So yes "for now" we blanket ban all links.
So I made this post for when the possibility of a whitelist should be considered.
I know that quote doesn't answer all your questions, it's all I can find.
I personally believe the community on the forums represents the older and more vocal age group of our community yet we have to take the whole demographic into account when it comes to making decisions that affect the whole network.

Aethiria

Novice Member
Jan 9, 2018
Your Imagination
In my opinion this thread should be deleted, due to the constant "argument" between 3 people here that no one wants to see. Plus it takes up around 60% of the thread, which is quite ridiculous.

Reactions: Lezappen

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
In my opinion this thread should be deleted, due to the constant "argument" between 3 people here that no one wants to see. Plus it takes up around 60% of the thread, which is quite ridiculous.
You only need to read the first post.
I didn't want it to come to this, however I won't lock the thread for a few troll comments.

I've added all the sites mentioned in the comments into that list.
As far as I'm aware there aren't any other links to be added that people would want to be added to a potential filter whitelist.

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
So how do you guys know what all the non-forum players interests are?

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
that quote doesn't answer all your questions
It answered none of the questions I asked on this thread, considering imgur posts most definitely wont be a phishing link for your password at all.
I personally believe the community on the forums represents the older and more vocal age group of our community yet we have to take the whole demographic into account when it comes to making decisions that affect the whole network.
It has been done before, what changed that makes it different right now?
Also if it's really necessary do what hypixel did, when the players log in have a "written book" that pops up in their screen where they can answer a quick survey or just 1 question.

If you mean the argument between me and Quetzi, it's because it will influence the outcome of the suggestion.

Aethiria

Novice Member
Jan 9, 2018
Your Imagination
It answered none of the questions I asked on this thread, considering imgur posts most definitely wont be a phishing link for your password at all.

It has been done before, what changed that makes it different right now?
Also if it's really necessary do what hypixel did, when the players log in have a "written book" that pops up in their screen where they can answer a quick survey or just 1 question.

If you mean the argument between me and Quetzi, it's because it will influence the outcome of the suggestion.
No, I do not mean that. I mean the argument between the 2 staff members that I don't care to specify, and one guy that is insistent on this NOT being a suggestion thread, that I also do not care to specify.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

qKhalidd wrote on ignsinf's profile.
Hi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
welcome to the forums! I hope you will have a nice stay here:D
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Top Bottom