Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
D

Deleted member 100818

Ohai there,

So I've created a massive war on my profile once again, title gives you all information needed. If you think I'm overreacting by making this thread go look at my profile yourself.

Okay so I'd like to start of with a message to all staff members who are about to lock this thread, I'd like to have a serious and normal conversation about this, I do not intent to insult anyone I'm just giving my honest opinion.

So let's start off with the rank itself. The way I see it, it's viewed as a reward for doing some dirty work. You need at least 200 forum messages and 100 succesful reports. For those who want to know why it's a reward, any 13 year old with more than 2 braincells can do what staff does, they'll learn everything they need to learn from the rest. The 200 messages and 100 reports requirement is total nonsense. You're getting a reward for doing stuff a normal helper already does. And before the staff interrupts me with "This is just to see if you know the rules and how to catch actual hackers", there are so many other ways to do this, think of a test period and make a few video's/screenshots and ask the applicant what they would do in that situation and if the person who is in the video a hacker. Nowadays, it's just a reward, most people are applying for the fame they'll get because this is what the mind of a child says: "a pink rank oMg hE FamOUs". I'd like to stop you before typing "So you're saying all staff members are famediggers (if that's even a word)" No, they applied because they wanted to, they applied because they are willing to do this. The issue is that it's shown as a reward. The requirements are nonsense, I mean, 200 forum messages aren't that bad because you actually want a active staff member but I'm especially referring to the "100 succesful reports" part.

Enough about the rank, let's move on the the real point. The "wannabes". What do I think of this? Simple, people can apply, they may "want to be" helper. I'm talking about the "plEAsE dONt SweAR 1/3!!" idiots (Too offensive? we'll find ou in a bit). Those people are complete fools, trying so hard it's just cringy and annoying. That fake attitude like "Hey, I'm *insert wannabe*, how may I assist you? I'm getting some serious health issues form those.

So tell me what your thoughts are, a top 10 of helper wannabes would be fun as well even tho staff finds that "unsulting", there even is a helperwannabe tag for god sakes.

D

Deleted member 352903

Helper wannabes, imo, are people that want to help people, but they don’t really do nothing. Example:
User: “omg I’m banned. I already appealed and I’m waiting for a response”
Someone: “hello, appeal at appeals.cubecraft.net”
As you can see, ^he didn’t help anyone. It can be annoying
Helper wannabes want that rank because they want fame. That can be annoying too

Another example of someone being annoying:
User: “I saw a hacker flying in EggWars”
Someone: “appeal at appeals.cubecraft.net”

imo, helping people isn’t annoying

Am I a wannabe in your eyes?
No you aren’t

D

Deleted member 100818

Well, I warn people in chat, answer questions in Swedish, make reports and try to help. If that's not what a wannabe would do, what am I then?
I'm not able to judge you enough on that, I haven't seen you do this once.

The point of this thread isn't to say names but to give our opinion about this, please keep that in mind.

D

Deleted member 352903

Well, I warn people in chat, answer questions in Swedish, make reports and try to help. If that's not what a wannabe would do, what am I then?
I’m going to share this thread by @Sophie https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/nobody-likes-a-helper-wannabe-x.197352/

And going to quote this:
they tend not to qualify for the role that they so desperately desire, and because they flood the forums with useless posts in order to get their message count up
I don’t think you’re one of those

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
In my opinion, wannabes are dreamers. They have a dream: They really want to become helper. We should let them dream, and let them learn from their mistakes and their cringey moments. If the 'wannabes' keep coming online, they definitely will. At least, that happened to me. When I first joined the forums, I really wanted to get that rank. I did it to get fame and to get a shiney rank, etc. Some months ago, I applied for the helper rank on a certain server, and the experciences I got there and the tips the owners gave me really thaught me it doesn't work like the way I thought being a member of staff was. It changed my mind. It taught me to be myself, in that Discord server, the forums, and on CubeCraft itself. Some of the people you call 'wannabes' still have to learn the things I did in the past, and it will really change them. Many people only see the sunny side of being a member of staff, but they also have to realize that they, like you've mentioned, have to do the dirty work of the server like handling player reports and bug reports, and they have to scroll through suggestions to escalate them. But hey, if you really want to become helper, you would do that with love, because you like to help people on the server. That's what you have applied for, and if you don't like the 'dirty work', you should not have applied for the rank, it's as simple as that.
By the way, have you seen people in the past 4 months who got the helper rank, even when it was really clear that they wanted it? I can't mention any helper or moderator. They have to learn that being yourself will increase their chances on becoming helper, instead of acting like someone who really wants it.

zRinne

Forum Veteran
Mar 2, 2016
Cat world
www.instagram.com
It is always interesting to read opinions from others, it lets me learn what kind of person someone is and how they have different views on different matters.

I'm not too sure about the 200 messages and 100 successful reports, I am sure they have their reasons but I'll give my 2cents on it.

200 messages
May not be much but it allows us to see what kind of personality this person has. I was the kind of person who when started on Cube forums, did nothing but comment my opinion on threads and started debates with them, I remember that was how I met Camezonda.
We can see what opinion that player has towards certain things and if they got into a disagreement, we can judge how they handle it.

100 successful reports.
⤷ This is a little tricky, I am sure they have a really good reason for this. Once you become a staff member, especially Mod+, you will start handling reports by players. We wouldn't want someone who has a bad judgement and get someone innocent punished. You suggested an alternative which I don't find bad but how many videos could we use to test their accuracy? I don't think they would like to sit for 100 or even 20 videos to assess their skills. After becoming staff, they are going to handle a ton of reports as well, 100 would be nothing then.

Helper-wannabe thoughts.
⤷ Please don't swear x/x - I don't really see what's wrong with that. A fellow person telling someone not to swear as swearing is against the rules. Not to mention, it is part of the reporting guidelines to warn someone for swearing before reporting them.
If being a wannabe helps the community, I don't really see why not. It may come off as annoying but everyone starts somewhere.
Criticism helps grow a person if they can be open to accepting their flaws and be willing to learn and change from them.

You may disagree with my point of view but I don't really mind, I would like to know more about what everyone thinks so please, feel free to disagree.

A

A pigeon

Some people are helpful, those people might want the helper rank but arent desperate for it. These people dont trouble people in any way.

The horrible helper wannabes are the people who desperately want the rank and go out of their way to get reports for it, harass ordinary members, spam the rules link, leave annoying messages etc.

D

Deleted member 100818

200 messages
May not be much but it allows us to see what kind of personality this person has. I was the kind of person who when started on Cube forums, did nothing but comment my opinion on threads and started debates with them, I remember that was how I met Camezonda.
We can see what opinion that player has towards certain things and if they got into a disagreement, we can judge how they handle it.
200 messages aren't much of a big deal as I mentioned before, I mean this is something I could understand.

100 successful reports.
⤷ This is a little tricky, I am sure they have a really good reason for this. Once you become a staff member, especially Mod+, you will start handling reports by players. We wouldn't want someone who has a bad judgement and get someone innocent punished. You suggested an alternative which I don't find bad but how many videos could we use to test their accuracy? I don't think they would like to sit for 100 or even 20 videos to assess their skills. After becoming staff, they are going to handle a ton of reports as well, 100 would be nothing then.
"You suggested an alternative which I don't find bad but how many videos could we use to test their accuracy?" As much as needed, give them a few tricky situations, if they're able to solve them correctly they have a higher chance of getting the rank. Just a few video's where someone is hacking but you really need the eye of a moderator to see if he is or not.

The reason I suggested an alternative is because this makes it feel like a reward as I mentioned before. it's just like: 100 successful reports + decent apply + 200+ messages = rank. Makes it feels like a reward to me.

Helper-wannabe thoughts.
⤷ Please don't swear x/x - I don't really see what's wrong with that. A fellow person telling someone not to swear as swearing is against the rules. Not to mention, it is part of the reporting guidelines to warn someone for swearing before reporting them.
If being a wannabe helps the community, I don't really see why not. It may come off as annoying but everyone starts somewhere.
Criticism helps grow a person if they can be open to accepting their flaws and be willing to learn and change from them.

Those people aren't helping out the community but they're helping out the staff members. The majority of the community finds them annoying. And i know about the report guidelines, really. But that doesn't mean anyone who uses them in such an awful and annoying way are supposed to be loved by the community, that's not how things work.

You may disagree with my point of view but I don't really mind, I would like to know more about what everyone thinks so please, feel free to disagree.

Well you know me much longer than this, ofcourse I respect your opinion. But keep in mind that sharing your opinion in a global thread may result in counters and reactions. That's something I have to deal with as well. By saying this, I feel like this isn't an opinion with rather a statement, I made this thread to discuss these opinions because it's kind a fun to talk about.

It is always interesting to read opinions from others, it lets me learn what kind of person someone is and how they have different views on different matters.
Indeed

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 100818

In my opinion, wannabes are dreamers. They have a dream: They really want to become helper. We should let them dream, and let them learn from their mistakes and their cringey moments. If the 'wannabes' keep coming online, they definitely will. At least, that happened to me. When I first joined the forums, I really wanted to get that rank. I did it to get fame and to get a shiney rank, etc. Some months ago, I applied for the helper rank on a certain server, and the experciences I got there and the tips the owners gave me really thaught me it doesn't work like the way I thought being a member of staff was. It changed my mind. It taught me to be myself, in that Discord server, the forums, and on CubeCraft itself. Some of the people you call 'wannabes' still have to learn the things I did in the past, and it will really change them. Many people only see the sunny side of being a member of staff, but they also have to realize that they, like you've mentioned, have to do the dirty work of the server like handling player reports and bug reports, and they have to scroll through suggestions to escalate them. But hey, if you really want to become helper, you would do that with love, because you like to help people on the server. That's what you have applied for, and if you don't like the 'dirty work', you should not have applied for the rank, it's as simple as that.
By the way, have you seen people in the past 4 months who got the helper rank, even when it was really clear that they wanted it? I can't mention any helper or moderator. They have to learn that being yourself will increase their chances on becoming helper, instead of acting like someone who really wants it.
This doesn't mean we aren't allowed to hate those "dreamers".

D

Deleted member 352903

100 successful reports + decent apply + 200+ messages = rank
I don't agree with this at all. If this was true, 1000 people would have this rank B)
You have to post 200 messages because they want to see how your replies are. You don't get helper rank by posting 200 messages like "yes" or "I agree +1". You need to be appropiate, your english needs to be good, etc

Reactions: Dutudy and remio

zRinne

Forum Veteran
Mar 2, 2016
Cat world
www.instagram.com
Well you know me much longer than this, ofcourse I respect your opinion. But keep in mind that sharing your opinion in a global thread may result in counters and reactions. That's something I have to deal with as well. By saying this, I feel like this isn't an opinion with rather a statement, I amde this thread to discuss these opinions because it's kind a fun to talk about.

I really like debates with anyone really, the more they disagree, they put forth what's in their mind and you slowly understand where they're coming from. Even if they don't end up agreeing with each other.

"You suggested an alternative which I don't find bad but how many videos could we use to test their accuracy?" As much as needed, give them a few tricky situations, if they're able to solve them correctly they have a higher chance of getting the rank. Just a few video's where someone is hacking but you really need the eye of a moderator to see if he is or not.
⤷ With this, every player has to view different videos as they could always help each other out if they aren't very sure or have someone who is really good at identifying to answer for them.

Not too sure about the "reward-feel" so I won't comment on that but I kind of understand what you mean.

I guess if the player is affected easily about others not liking them or their opinion of them, they wouldn't really last since staff members do get a ton of criticism.
Maybe that may stop them from being the "wannabe" you dislike.
They shouldn't really worry about being liked if they believe what they are doing is right.
Though, everyone can dislike wannabes, it's up to them to change their ways where they can help others as much as they like while keeping a likable character that would get players to want to support them.
^
Speaking from experience 5+ years ago.

Reactions: ItsDavey_

MoonlightHugs

May 20, 2018
Malta
Eh while I haven't been around too long here to know what the typical "cubecraft wannabe helper" is like, I used to be active on a different server's forums some years ago, and speaking from that experience, I found them to be annoying as hell. Only there wasn't really a "helper" rank, just mods, admins and the owner, although mod and admin pretty much had the same priviledges. And these players would just lurk around reports, taking it upon themselves to "decide" whether someone was actually to be banned or not, despite being told several times by the staff team not to reply to report threads. They would also totally bring a bad vibe to suggestion threads, always saying how something is too insignificant to be considered, too big of a change to be done, too stupid, too plain, etc, and just requesting that the threads be locked instead of giving their opinions and suggesting possibilities/alternatives. Even going on off-topic threads and saying that it has nothing to do with the server and is a waste of a thread. It really got annoying.

So if we're talking about those kinds of people, yeah they're annoying. But if these "helper wannabe's" are just normal players who try to enforce rules when no staff are around or spamming reports trying to achieve these "100+ successful reports" to get the rank, its fine honestly. Even if it's just people trying to get "fame" on the server by having a title, as long as they're actually prepared to make the server a better place day to day, i don't see a problem..and who can blame em? Everyone likes fame :p And if kids on the server see being "helper" rank on this server as a popular spot to be, let em dream (and eventually achieve if the passion is there) :). So long as they're not being a*****es about it.

17rfug.jpg

I know the meme doesn't fit but I love it ok shaddup >.<

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
200 messages aren't much of a big deal as I mentioned before, I mean this is something I could understand
Getting 200 messages is pretty easy, yes, but posting 200 good posts is a task.
Those people aren't helping out the community but they're helping out the staff members. The majority of the community finds them annoying. And i know about the report guidelines, really. But that doesn't mean anyone who uses them in such an awful and annoying way are supposed to be loved by the community, that's not how things work.
I don't think someone should care about being hated. You don't help the community, but you do help the server. If someone helps a guy finding something in real life, would you call them a superhero wannabe? If someone is swearing in a church, would you just let him swear, or would you tell him to calm down and stop swearing? Not trying to compare everything to real life, but telling someone to stop swearing is a natural order of things, in my opinion.

-

In general, I do understand why you dislike some members. You are allowed to hate these ''dreamers'' but you should just let them dream. You could confront him about what he is doing wrong and why he looks like a wannabe, but you shouldn't show them your hate.
You should just respect any player who tries to help out the community. If helping others is a problem to you, you should at least give us a good reason why helping is a problem. Yes, I do understand some players are annoying because they literally try to help everyone out here, but you shouldn't call everyone who helps other players and the server a wannabe.

D

Deleted member 100818

Dang getting a really interesting discussion here.

⤷ With this, every player has to view different videos as they could always help each other out if they aren't very sure or have someone who is really good at identifying to answer for them.
If you would change the order of the video's chances are already decreased enough, although I have to say making some new video's once in a while wouldn't hurt either.

Not too sure about the "reward-feel" so I won't comment on that but I kind of understand what you mean.
Well I'd like to make you fully understand. Because of report requirement, getting the rank afterwards seems like a reward for doing stuff you'd already do as a helper. It's just the pink tag that matters, right? I think we shouldn't make people see it this way, it's voluteer work, it's basically handling reports and answer some questions and banning hackers live if you're lucky. The rank itself is everything but a reward, it's a job, and you don't get payed for it. Which is fine, don't get me wrong but this way people don't know what they're getting themselves into.

I guess if the player is affected easily about others not liking them or their opinion of them, they wouldn't really last since staff members do get a ton of criticism.
Maybe that may stop them from being the "wannabe" you dislike.
They shouldn't really worry about being liked if they believe what they are doing is right.
Though, everyone can dislike wannabes, it's up to them to change their ways where they can help others as much as they like while keeping a likable character that would get players to want to support them.
^
Speaking from experience 5+ years ago.

Most of these wannabes are very stubborn, even if you'd ask them nicely most of them would be like "yOu ArE JuST JeaLOUs oF mY rePROts". (Not every case calm down people). That's when I'm starting to get annoyed, if they really want to have that rank that bad fine but it doesn't matter how horrible a player acts a staff should always respect them, and listen to them carefully. And then those people are wondering why people make fun out of them.

A

A pigeon

The current helper wannabes are not all bad, but last year they were like the black death.

D

Deleted member 100818

I don't think someone should care about being hated. You don't help the community, but you do help the server.
The community and the server are the same in this context. I mean you don't help out a SkyWars map by reporting someone.

If someone helps a guy finding something in real life, would you call them a superhero wannabe?
Ofcourse not because superhero's are created by television to amuse you, this however is a real thing.

If someone is swearing in a church, would you just let him swear, or would you tell him to calm down and stop swearing?
I believe god doesn't exist so I would let the guy swear because the only church I've ever been in are in Paris, got there with school last week. (Notre-Dame).

Not trying to compare everything to real life, but telling someone to stop swearing is a natural order of things, in my opinion.

Ofcourse, couldn't agree more. But let me compare one thing outta real life now. if someone swears with a horrible disease, would rather say: "Could you please stop that?" or, "Please stop swearing 1/2"?

In general, I do understand why you dislike some members. You are allowed to hate these ''dreamers'' but you should just let them dream. You could confront him about what he is doing wrong and why he looks like a wannabe, but you shouldn't show them your hate.
You should just respect any player who tries to help out the community. If helping others is a problem to you, you should at least give us a good reason why helping is a problem. Yes, I do understand some players are annoying because they literally try to help everyone out here, but you shouldn't call everyone who helps other players and the server a wannabe.
I do not respect players who are acting like robots. I'll shut my mouth really, wouldn't insult them only make fun out of them whenever I can. But I do not respect those people.
Getting 200 messages is pretty easy, yes, but posting 200 good posts is a task.
A task that isn't required for the helper application, otherwise they would've added it.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
hi pookie :3
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Clovate's profile.
Heya cool person!:D
Xi1m wrote on Frontlane's profile.
genius idea frontland
IMG_8850.jpeg
GiGaGekkies wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations...
GiGaGekkies wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!
Top Bottom