Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should This Plugin be added to the Forums?

• Yes

• No (If so Please Stay why)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Camel

Jun 12, 2015
My Reason I believe this should be added.

So I was making a post on a problem someone had and I made a mistake and posted it, Im sure this happend to people all the time, well I knew that the site "CubeCraftGames" Runs XenForo and I'm familiar with Xenforo, I've setup site's for Mc server with XenForo so I think this Plugin would come in Hand for the community and Staff.​

@johncoles
@Marco Slater (halothe23)
@Joe Henry

• Link to Official Post on XenForo Forums

• This is how it will look on User's screens after they Make a post​
http://gyazo.com/c4a3f8ee22648217a7e6ac62c76423c3

• Features, Setup Information, Configuration, and link to demo​
Features
  • Full FAQ with adding, editing and deleting​
  • Question categories​
  • 100% integrated with XenForo search​
  • Automatic sitemap XML generation with Xenforo 1.4​
  • Upload attachments to FAQ entries​
  • Let your users submit questions which can then be answered via the regular moderation queue​
  • Sticky questions​
  • Site members can Like answers​
  • BBCode supported answer fields​
  • Permissions for managing questions, managing categories, and liking answers​
  • Custom BBCode for linking to specific FAQ entries: [faq=10][/faq]​
  • (Option) Three different FAQ index layouts to choose from​
  • (Option) Select top navigation tab position​
  • (Option) Multiple sort options (alphabetical, submit date, view count)​
  • (Option) Show answers on the same page (slide down), always open (same page), or a new page​
  • (Option) Questions per page​
  • (Option) Social media share buttons enabled per question​
  • RSS feed for most recently added questions​
  • Uses XenForo phrases for easy language translations​
  • Three (3) included widgets for the Widget Framework
  • And more!​
Demo
http://www.rpgfix.com/faq/ (Responsive Design)

Installation
  1. Upload files/directories underneath "upload" to your XenForo's root.​
  2. Import the add-on XML using the add-on importer in your Admin CP.​
Configuration
  1. Set up the FAQ user group permissions.​
  2. Start adding categories and questions to your FAQ.​
  3. (Optional) Configure the add-on: "Home > Options > [Iversia] FAQ Manager."​

Camel

Jun 12, 2015
People writing bad stuff, or lying, and then editing it out to make themselves look innocent.
Well with Advance Thread Archive, and I think this Add on it shows Logs for as low of permission as Helper on the Edits on Threads,Profile post, and normal post.

Aimee2323

Forum Expert
Jan 3, 2014
Crazy Land
Awkward moment when we already practically have this plugin(the edit one..). Edit and delete is only accessible by staff, if you make a mistake that bad, a member of staff can edit it. It isn't really that necessary, and can be abused if given to regular members. This has been brought up many times before, and denied.

Camel

Jun 12, 2015
Awkward moment when we already practically have this plugin. Edit and delete is only accessible by staff, if you make a mistake that bad, a member of staff can edit it. It isn't really that necessary, and can be abused if given to regular members. This has been brought up many times before, and denied.
There are Logs it shows the Edits and Only staff can see them

Aimee2323

Forum Expert
Jan 3, 2014
Crazy Land
There are Logs it shows the Edits and Only staff can see them
I know, but it's a lot more effort looking through logs and deletions than just not allowing people to edit and delete. Also, it can still be abused even if logs can be seen.

Camel

Jun 12, 2015
I know, but it's a lot more effort looking through logs and deletions than just not allowing people to edit and delete. Also, it can still be abused even if logs can be seen.

The logs are shown under the post :/

I'm not seeing how difficult this is.

Aimee2323

Forum Expert
Jan 3, 2014
Crazy Land
The logs are shown under the post :/

I'm not seeing how difficult this is.
They are, but if we wanted to really make sure nobody was abusing, we'd have to check the log every time we saw a "Last edited" note, and you can get rid of the last edited notes, meaning we'd have to look if there's a "History" button. Wouldn't it just be easier for people to add on forgotten things in another post?

Reactions: Colourlight

Aimee2323

Forum Expert
Jan 3, 2014
Crazy Land
Seems quite useless. This is what staff are for..
Well, staff are more for banning and muting than editing many many typos made by people (like @Younisco <3)

But my point is, it doesn't matter too much if you made a typo (unless you're Typo, in which case it totally matters that you proved your name once again) or forget a bit out, you can leave it or put it in another post.

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Well, staff are more for banning and muting than editing many many typos made by people (like @Younisco <3)

But my point is, it doesn't matter too much if you made a typo (unless you're Typo, in which case it totally matters that you proved your name once again) or forget a bit out, you can leave it or put it in another post.
;-;

Ehh, editing is kinda useless unless it's in drastic measures. Also you can get moderators to edit posts so I don't think this is necessary.

Reactions: Aimee2323

Pile

Jun 19, 2015
Awkward moment when we already practically have this plugin. Edit and delete is only accessible by staff, if you make a mistake that bad, a member of staff can edit it. It isn't really that necessary, and can be abused if given to regular members. This has been brought up many times before, and denied.
You obviously didn't actually click the link and investigate the addon.
This is an addon for a FAQ page.
Example: http://www.rpgfix.com/faq/
They are, but if we wanted to really make sure nobody was abusing, we'd have to check the log every time we saw a "Last edited" note, and you can get rid of the last edited notes, meaning we'd have to look if there's a "History" button. Wouldn't it just be easier for people to add on forgotten things in another post?
So you would rather encourage spam posting rather than letting forum users edit their own posts?

I know I am new here but I am not new to moderating and this is not a major adjustment like you are making it out to be.
Adding a FAQ page would be super helpful to new joiners with questions and adding back the edit permission to default users would be the right thing to do, although it's not up to you.
I have worked on several high volume successful servers and I have not come across a forum yet that didn't let their users correct their grammatical errors. :/
Not allowing is just seems silly.

Aimee2323

Forum Expert
Jan 3, 2014
Crazy Land
You obviously didn't actually click the link and investigate the addon.
This is an addon for a FAQ page.
Example: http://www.rpgfix.com/faq/
I actually did look at it, however I clicked the link you said "So it would look like this:" and it showed what I see already. That's why I said "practically" and not "We have this" also, there are guides around the forums for questions that are asked a lot.
So you would rather encourage spam posting rather than letting forum users edit their own posts?
Most users just leave typos there. If it's important enough to *have* to have been included, it's not a spam message since spam means a useless pointless message.
edit permission to default users
If it's that important then a staff member can edit it in. It's not necessary for default users to have it.

Reactions: Sophie

Aimee2323

Forum Expert
Jan 3, 2014
Crazy Land
In your opinion.
That's why this is a "Suggestion".
Thanks for offering your input. :*
Since I haven't commented much on the FAQ bit, I reckon it could work and be helpful, however it isn't completely necessary

(Also do you want me to edit the Stay typo in your poll to Say?.. XD)

Reactions: Sophie

PinkStr3ak

Forum Expert
Jan 4, 2014
around the corner
goo.gl
In my opinion, I think it would be a lot easier and cleaner if member's had the "delete" and "edit" button on profile posts. If a member edits it, there could be a note for staff saying "Last edited 3 minutes ago" and if it was deleted, staff could still see it. I really don't see how this could be problematic, it would make staff jobs' easier and it would save members the hassle of messaging staff just to delete one profile post. I fully support this until someone can change my mind with a good example of why this may be a bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!!
Eli
"What say you?" said he, the abyss did not respond back.
Playing EggWars moslty on CubeCraft Java.
Top Bottom