Xbox1 or PS4

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by Iselciour, Apr 23, 2015.

?

Xbox1 or PS4?

1. Xbox1

2. PS4

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iselciour

Iselciour Member

So a few days ago, I had been thinking about another console I would like to use besides my PC. The options are the following: Xbox1 or the PS4. Before, I used to own an Xbox 360. It was really awesome to play and everything went extremely smooth. The controller shape was another plus for me, which is why I like the Xbox 360 over the PS3. Recently, I have heard that PS4 has gotten better graphics and many other perks that make it better than the Xbox1. However, I have heard the same argument for the Xbox1. So right now, I can't really make a firm decision, which is why I would like to hear some opinions from you guys about the consoles and why you think that specific console is better than the other. Please don't say "It's cooler because I have one" or "It's cooler because it matches my personality". Make sure you have a valid reason behind your decision. Also, this does not mean I will leave PC gaming. I just want to play some games that I feel are better for another console and because it gives me the opportunity to play those games with my friends as well.

2. Yittamonkey

Yittamonkey Member

PS4 yoo

Accountrowan01 likes this.
  3. jtlg1234

jtlg1234 Member

xbox one imo it's controller has still got an edge on the PS4 controller and i also think that the exclusive games are better.

4. cocai

cocai Member

cocai
    Emerald
    I would go for Xbox One since you had an Xbox 360. Getting used to the PS4 controller might take awhile, as it did for me when I tried playing COD on PS3. Xbox One is also a good choice because Halo 5 is set to release soon, and I, personally, have always been a Halo type of guy. If you've never played it, then I really recommend getting Halo MCC which has Halo 1, 2, 3, and 4 all in one. Halo 2 and 3 are really good if you're into competitive gaming :) but if you're not, then try playing the story mode.

Both consoles are pretty much the same, though. One may have better graphics, processing power, etc. over the other, but I don't think there's that much of a difference.

5. SevereWarning

SevereWarning Member

Although I have only ever used a Xbox360, I have a few friends who have a PS4 and they like it for
    1) PSN is free to all I know, while XboxLive costs around 60 USD.
    2) Smaller controller = better storage, but it will be needed to get used to.
    3) It's cheaper by a 30-50 USD length, and has somewhat better graphics

But that's all I know

6. emiraati

emiraati Member

The PS4 is better
    It's cheaper
    Controller is better
    PS Plus is cheaper, AND GIVES YOU FREE GAMES EVERY MONTH XD

Accountrowan01 likes this.
  7. Exciting_pancake

Exciting_pancake Member

Ps4 all the way ;) why?
    - better dualshock 4 controller (Although you may have to get use to it because you've had the 360)
    - Slimmer, lightweight, stylish design.
    - More powerful (about 50% more powerful graphics processing unit)
    - has spotify
    - The free games plan is better than the one you get with the xbox
    - Last point.. it's actually made for gamers ;)

8. Breezeblocks

Breezeblocks Member

Ps4 definitelyyy; Really good graphics and runs really smoothly yoo

Exciting_pancake likes this.
  9. Volkom_

Volkom_ Member

i used to have an Xbox 360 and honestly people who are saying it's hard to adjust to a ps4 and adapting to the controller couldn't be more wrong, for me the controller made so much more sense with the dimensions, it has better hardware allowing smoother fps at a higher resolution, the psn does cost now but it's cheaper than Xbox live. I have both so it's a completely unbiased opinion :p ps4 all the way

TheAdventurerMM likes this.
  10. Younisco

Younisco Sr. Mod Staff Member Sr. Moderator

Younisco
    Sr. Mod
    PlayStation 69.

11. Younisco

Younisco Sr. Mod Staff Member Sr. Moderator

Younisco
    Sr. Mod
    But really, the play station 4 excels greatly. There are more Xbox1's on the shelves than PS4, meaning the PS4 has a greater popularity within the gaming community :)

12. Sophie

Sophie Member

Divine_Nyx
    Diamond
    I love xbox 360 more than ever, and it's one of the best purchases i've ever made... I'm a bit of a 360 fanboy i guess, so you can take my word when i tell you that xbox one is complete garbage. There's a reason the price has dropped about £250 since its launch, and that's because it's a piece of trash, and i turned mine on about 6 times before selling it. Lol i get annoyed just thinking about the stupid ugly thing
    The one thing that i couldn't stand about xbox one is this;

The following Scenario is based on true events:
    SUPERxSNAP: "OMG AC4 BLACK FLAG FINALLY YAS YAS YAS!!!
    *Snap puts game in console*
    Bill Gates: Sorry dawg, you gotta install this game before you can play it
    SUPERxSNAP: K, how long will that take?
    Bill Gates: Wait and see ;)
    *17 years later*
    upload_2015-4-23_16-51-29.jpeg
    As for CoD: Ghosts, I had to install it overnight and it was only 67% complete when i woke up.. Wasted the whole of christmas day trying to get it to install faster >.>
    From what i've heard, the PS4 isn't a much better choice since it has many issues of its own, but it's much better than Xbox one.

I rate the xbox one 0 out of 10... billion

I'm sure the xbox one has improved since then, but i will never buy another one just because of how long it took to install a game that i had a disk for already. As clover (exciting_snapcake) already hinted at, the xbox one feels like it was built with TV in mind, and not gaming.

13. BuurmanSam

BuurmanSam Member

BuurmanSam
    Obsidian
    Xbox1 I find it best.

14. Earth

Earth Member

Guildmaster
    Obsidian
    Here is my answer [​IMG]

15. FalseHonesty

FalseHonesty Member

Please do not post on threads more than 2 weeks, or 14 days, old. This is considered "Necro-posting" and is not allowed on these forums. Thank you!
    ~Locked

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.