• PS4

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iselciour

Forum Expert
Oct 21, 2014
Antarctica
So a few days ago, I had been thinking about another console I would like to use besides my PC. The options are the following: Xbox1 or the PS4. Before, I used to own an Xbox 360. It was really awesome to play and everything went extremely smooth. The controller shape was another plus for me, which is why I like the Xbox 360 over the PS3. Recently, I have heard that PS4 has gotten better graphics and many other perks that make it better than the Xbox1. However, I have heard the same argument for the Xbox1. So right now, I can't really make a firm decision, which is why I would like to hear some opinions from you guys about the consoles and why you think that specific console is better than the other. Please don't say "It's cooler because I have one" or "It's cooler because it matches my personality". Make sure you have a valid reason behind your decision. Also, this does not mean I will leave PC gaming. I just want to play some games that I feel are better for another console and because it gives me the opportunity to play those games with my friends as well.

cocai

Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2013
dubai
I would go for Xbox One since you had an Xbox 360. Getting used to the PS4 controller might take awhile, as it did for me when I tried playing COD on PS3. Xbox One is also a good choice because Halo 5 is set to release soon, and I, personally, have always been a Halo type of guy. If you've never played it, then I really recommend getting Halo MCC which has Halo 1, 2, 3, and 4 all in one. Halo 2 and 3 are really good if you're into competitive gaming :) but if you're not, then try playing the story mode.

Both consoles are pretty much the same, though. One may have better graphics, processing power, etc. over the other, but I don't think there's that much of a difference.

SevereWarning

Forum Expert
Nov 14, 2013
Somewhere
Although I have only ever used a Xbox360, I have a few friends who have a PS4 and they like it for
1) PSN is free to all I know, while XboxLive costs around 60 USD.
2) Smaller controller = better storage, but it will be needed to get used to.
3) It's cheaper by a 30-50 USD length, and has somewhat better graphics

But that's all I know

Exciting_pancake

Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2014
The UK
Ps4 all the way ;) why?
- better dualshock 4 controller (Although you may have to get use to it because you've had the 360)
- Slimmer, lightweight, stylish design.
- More powerful (about 50% more powerful graphics processing unit)
- has spotify
- The free games plan is better than the one you get with the xbox
- Last point.. it's actually made for gamers ;)

Volkom_

Forum Expert
Jan 16, 2014
Just over there
i used to have an Xbox 360 and honestly people who are saying it's hard to adjust to a ps4 and adapting to the controller couldn't be more wrong, for me the controller made so much more sense with the dimensions, it has better hardware allowing smoother fps at a higher resolution, the psn does cost now but it's cheaper than Xbox live. I have both so it's a completely unbiased opinion :P ps4 all the way

Reactions: TheAdventurerMM

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
But really, the play station 4 excels greatly. There are more Xbox1's on the shelves than PS4, meaning the PS4 has a greater popularity within the gaming community :)

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I love xbox 360 more than ever, and it's one of the best purchases i've ever made... I'm a bit of a 360 fanboy i guess, so you can take my word when i tell you that xbox one is complete garbage. There's a reason the price has dropped about £250 since its launch, and that's because it's a piece of trash, and i turned mine on about 6 times before selling it. Lol i get annoyed just thinking about the stupid ugly thing
The one thing that i couldn't stand about xbox one is this;

The following Scenario is based on true events:
SUPERxSNAP: "OMG AC4 BLACK FLAG FINALLY YAS YAS YAS!!!
*Snap puts game in console*
Bill Gates: Sorry dawg, you gotta install this game before you can play it
SUPERxSNAP: K, how long will that take?
Bill Gates: Wait and see ;)
*17 years later*
upload_2015-4-23_16-51-29.jpeg

As for CoD: Ghosts, I had to install it overnight and it was only 67% complete when i woke up.. Wasted the whole of christmas day trying to get it to install faster >.>
From what i've heard, the PS4 isn't a much better choice since it has many issues of its own, but it's much better than Xbox one.

I rate the xbox one 0 out of 10... billion

I'm sure the xbox one has improved since then, but i will never buy another one just because of how long it took to install a game that i had a disk for already. As clover (exciting_snapcake) already hinted at, the xbox one feels like it was built with TV in mind, and not gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

BicolourSine41 wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
You got 400 redaction score!! Congrats!
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #38-
A book called 'A la recherche du temps perdu' by Marcel Proust contains an estimated 9,609,000 characters, making it the longest book in the world. The title translates to "Remembrance of Things Past".
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
You are so close to 400!:D
ToonBer wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713270171790.png
ToonBer wrote on Capitan's profile.
1713269798868.png
Top Bottom