1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When will CubeCraft make reporting players a reasonable process?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports/Support' started by CptSwollhouse, Sep 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CptSwollhouse

CptSwollhouse Member

Department Manager, H-E-B
    I'm not sure what needs to be done, but over the last month, I have noticed the entire server gone severely downhill due to hacking. It's blatant, pervasive, and used in literally 80% of games. I have to play sometimes 10 games before I get one where a player isn't hacking, thus ruining the entire experience. And when accused, players will literally respond in chat that they don't care that they or hacking, or openly admit to it.

Are more mods not available? Banning players in-game by a mod who can visibly see the hacking would be a decent solution. The police don't just write tickets by viewing surveillance videos. They are in the general public, stopping crime at the source, and this is clearly needed on the CubeCraft server.

I understand the reasoning behind screenshots not being available, but what if players openly admit to hacking in chat? It's becoming a sincerely common occurrence, as players aren't afraid to hack anymore because the odds of them being banned for it are SO low.

Is recording your gameplay free? If so, I'd like to know how, because I truly enjoy this server, and would hate to have to leave because I simply can't play due to all the hacking going on.

I'm *relatively* new, so this is honestly my first post in the forums, but if we can get more mods to patrol the games, and it requires activity in the forum, I will gladly become and daily poster here and an involved member of the community in order to improve the server. It's fantastic, please don't let it go!

2. ♡♡♡♡

♡♡♡♡ Member

Recording your gameplay is completely free if you want the best free recorder look up a tutorial on how to download and setup obs for recording otherwise loilo is an easy to set up alternative.

Hacking is a problem but 80% of games is an exaggeration. I might find 1 or 2 hackers over a period of 2 hours.

Here's the rundown evey1 gives:
    Currently the dev team is working on a new anti cheat that will attempt to detect hackers without the need of mods present. Mods cannot enter games other than FFA and assassins. In all other games they will end up in a waiting lobby just like the player. Also helper applications are open so new potential mods are being added to the staff weekly I believe. Other than that there's not much to say this topic comes up a lot on the forums so it has been discussed time after time.

3. CptSwollhouse

CptSwollhouse Member

Sorry for repeated topic, but it's aggravated me so much over the last week that I had to let loose on the topic.

1 or 2 every 2 hours? I'd like to hang out in your lobbies. I'm a big eggwars fan, and literally can't go 2 games in a row right now without a hacker in one.

I will try on the recording, not very tech savvy, but I'm a quick study, and hopefully can get the hang of it quick.

Thanks

4. ♡♡♡♡

♡♡♡♡ Member

I mostly play dueling and survival games for my pvp I guess these gamemodes just aren't that popular for hackers. I usually only play solo eggwars when I do play eggwars and that might also bees popular among hackers as there are less people to hack against.
    Anyways Im glad I could help :D

5. Foww

Foww Member

Speaking from a staff's point of view, player's of every server are one of their biggest help in catching hackers, and eventually, protecting the server we all know and love. So, reporting them would do the staff a huge solid.
    https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/report-a-player.24/

If you'd like to download a screen recorder, there are many free of use ones; Bandi-Cam is my personal favorite. Also, if you have Windows 10, by simply pressing Win + G you can open a screen recorder. ​

6. hyperBravo

hyperBravo Member

Infested Siege Tank
    Sounds the opposite to me. Around 7pm GMT to 9pm I was in eggwars for 2 hours. Hackers? A whole lot. Almost every game except for 1 had cheaters. No matter how big the game is, there's always one. However, I see fewer hackers in team mode.

7. Orangeric88

Orangeric88 Mod Staff Member Moderator

-=-+EggWars+ -=-
    Home Page:
    I understand your problems. I can agree that lately, there has been more then usual hackers. The best way to stop hackers as of right now is to record them and report them here: https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/report-a-player.24/ Here the guidelines if you need them. That can be found here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/player-reporting-guidelines-and-formating.136047/

There are more games going on then mods. Not all mods could be in every single game seeing which people have hacks and which don't. If a mod sees a person or player hacking in-game, a kick or a ban will occur.

Nice comparison. I can see how this would relate to that. :D But as said above, not all staff could join every game and see who's hacking and who's not. Reporting them, is the most efficient way of stopping hackers as of right now. :)

Some people like to joke around. They can say there're hacking, but in reality they aren't. You must physically see them hack and include in your videos for the player to be banned.

We get a lot of player reports each day. (It's not easy responding to them all, sadly enough. :() Staff are trying their best to cover every report they can currently. If a thread of yours feel like its been left hanging for to long, feel free to tag staff. :)

Lucky enough, there are recording softwares you can use that are free! Some of which are listed below:
    • OBS
    • Bandicam
    Sorry for the current "more then usual hacker in gametypes" Know that there's a brand anticheat being developed. More of that can be seen here on CaptainDawg_'s post below:

[​IMG]

8. Cynamooo

Cynamooo Member

Wieee
    Home Page:
    We all know thta facing a hacker is very anoying, but Cube is going to get a new anti-cheat very soon!

There will be choosen new helpers soon. So they can keep in a eye out for the search to hackers.

Recording gameplay is free! You can use OBS or Bandicam (I prefer OBS), you record and report the hackers and voila, you've helped the server a lot by reporting your hacker!

Welcome on the forums! I'm sure a lot of new helpers will do their job correctly and the hackers will dissapear one by one. Just be patient my friend, everything will be fine!

-Cynamooo- ;)

9. CptSwollhouse

CptSwollhouse Member

Thank you all for the feedback! It's good to know that CC is working hard on security for players who wish to play fair!

I spent all morning learning about OBS and installing it, and am happy to say I'm in the process of uploading my first report video to YT!

If we all work together, we can destroy the hackers, but I do wish there were a bigger presence of CC leadership in our games. It'd be nice to see admins and mods among us in the lobbies, and possibly games!

10. Cynamooo

Cynamooo Member

Wieee
    Home Page:
    No problem mate! I'm glad we all could help you! Good luck on Cubecraft! ;)
    (And OBS :p)​

11. Orangeric88

Orangeric88 Mod Staff Member Moderator

-=-+EggWars+ -=-
    Home Page:
    Question seemed to be answer

~ Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.