1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walker_Walkis adventure map build

Discussion in 'Parkour' started by Walker_Walkis, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Walker_Walkis

Walker_Walkis Member

Ok so first of all I'm not applying to be a parkour builder, I'm just looking for any feedback on my build and to hope that maybe it can be an adventure parkour map.

Difficulty: Medium/Hard
    Plot ID: 180;179
    Parkour name: The last Resort ski Resort!

The story is you go skiing and are having a great time but all of a sudden, you get hit in the head with something hard and wake up on a ski lift pole. There is no one else around and the cables are blocked off further down the mountain. The mysterious person or thing that did this to you doesn't want to let you escape. You have to go up because it is the only way that isn't blocked off. You see a house further up the mountain and decide to go there to get some answers. After parkouring through trees, you finally arrive at the house to find it's deserted. There seems to be a downstairs so you decide to check it out. You notice nothing at first but then you see a chute with water at the bottom and decide to jump down. After parkouring around ruined floors you find yourself in a cave! It might take you to the bottom of the mountain so you decide to go through it. After risking your life parkouring around lava and freezing in icy rivers, you make it out at the bottom, but there is a problem. An avalanche seemed to have trapped you and the only way to survive is to go inside an abandoned house, or so you think. After walking inside, the floors drop from under you and you are in a cave of pure ice, snow, and stone. Here you learn that Frosty has an evil brother named Icy and he used to live on the mountain that the no resort ski resort is on. He wants vengeance and decides to destroy it. After noticing an enormous amount of TNT on the ceiling, you decide that you have to stop him and expertly parkour right under their very noses to an escape route. As you are running away, you set off an avalanche which traps the snowmen and saves the ski resort. You come up in the lodge in a toilet and you decide never to go back down there. The end.

Any constructive criticism greatly appreciated. :D

Also, I've been thinking about practicing different builds styles but the only ones I know about are Medieval, Elven, and Rustic. What are the others?

@Efcluke94 @Minimooseha @noodles77 @Cubs909 @Parvati12

Attached Files:

Efcluke94, YounB and Saffron<3 like this.
  2. Walker_Walkis

Walker_Walkis Member

Oh and also a big thank you to @Nick for helping me understand the ways of redstone and clearing out some land. :D

3. Saradabaschi

Saradabaschi Admin Staff Member Administrator

This looks really nice :)
    I might check it out on Creative later ;)

4. Hallucinated

Hallucinated Member

Editing
    What I don't like is the lava in the cave, it's a skii resort. Try to be realistic on builds and it'll make it a lot better. :)
    Also, the terraforming is a bit.. Unnatural? Also the tnt, I'm a bit confused on.
    This build just seems kinda inconsistent on one theme which makes it unappealing. :)

5. Walker_Walkis

Walker_Walkis Member

Oh ok I'll fix the lava issue and what do you recommend on the terraforming?
    The TNT is for the snowmen destroying the ski resort but I'll make that a lot clearer.
    Hopefully that will help the theme out? Thank you @Minimooseha :D

6. Walker_Walkis

Walker_Walkis Member

I fixed the lava thing and added a sign or two to make it clear that the snowmen are planning to cave the ski resort in. :D I still am a bit confused on what part of the terraforming you don't like, is it the caves? Or is it the mountain? And what do I need to change about it?

Attached Files:

7. Walker_Walkis

Walker_Walkis Member

Like I said before, does anyone know what kind of different build styles there are in minecraft besides medieval, elven, and rustic?

8. _Patrickk

_Patrickk Member

There isn't any set number of build styles in minecraft, you can build anything you can think of.. Be creative!

drpepperdoge likes this.
  9. Walker_Walkis

Walker_Walkis Member

Well I was just wondering what are the main types. I want to practice my building skills and I want to know the basic types of building.

10. _Patrickk

_Patrickk Member

I will list a few I know of: medieval, futuristic, modern, elven, temple, forest, snow, fire, underground, steampunk, floating islands, candy! Those are just a few I know of, you can experiment however you want though!

drpepperdoge likes this.
  11. Walker_Walkis

Walker_Walkis Member

Thank you! :D

12. Efcluke94

Efcluke94 Admin Staff Member Head Administrator Builder

I actually quite like it, the story was definitely the best part, myself, @Cubs909 and @Parvati12 played this, doing stupid voices with the signs. I loved the fact there was a villain. There was a few very clever touches with redstone, when the cave collapses and the ice shuts, that was such a great creative touch. The theme is quite original, and your detail inside the caves is well done at the start, the big room with the snowmen in, could be nicer. However the story is good, you added puns (my fav), creative touches, and I can clearly see what the theme this is. I like it

13. Cubss

Cubss Member

Being a nub
    I completely agree with Luke it was great fun to play and a lot of the aspects of it were very good

Efcluke94 likes this.
  14. Parvati12

Parvati12 Member

Agreed. Luke did get very excited when there was an evil villain. The ideas were very creative and fun to parkour around. The parkour was completely do-able but also challenging, which I loved. Good job :D

Efcluke94 likes this.