1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very bad network lag

Discussion in 'Bug Reports/Support' started by ashjack1999, Jun 20, 2014.

1. ashjack1999

ashjack1999 Member

Me and 2 friends have been playing on CubeCraft a lot, and recently, all three of us have been having problems with network lag. Don't confuse it with CPU lag. The game itself runs absolutely fine, but all the players will freeze in place, even in mid-air. The travelling compass doesn't open, and when it finally does, clicking the items does nothing, and we are able to put them in our inventory and run around with them in our hand before if finally removes them. In games (KitPVP, Skywars, Quakecraft, etc, Epecially KitPVP) we have the same problem. We will be at a particular area. We can see players running around us, but when we go to attack someone, they pay no attention and we do no damage. After a little while we are teleported back to where we were before we initiated the attack. CubeCraft was never like this before. I have checked my internet speed, and it is fine, as is my friends'. Please look into this.

Verdag likes this.
  2. Verdag

Verdag Member

3. 6Godly

6Godly Member

on the hustle
    It is network lag, and it happens because of the population of the server. As the months pass by, CCG keeps getting more and more players. I'm not sure if this can be resolved though.

4. MorganDoezn'tPlayMc

MorganDoezn'tPlayMc Member

Aunty of dragons
    What? Is it just me?

5. Drew McNamee

Drew McNamee Member

getting more ram for the server xD
    other servers hold fine with tens of thousands of players, 10x bigger than cubecraft.
    maybe they should look into how those servers stay stable or get another host :3

6. Drew McNamee

Drew McNamee Member

[​IMG] This is my router, infinity, great speed. jk, but it's bad so it doesn't make a difference.

Natethecaverat likes this.
  7. TheSimpleMan

TheSimpleMan Member

i have the same problem. Lol i hate when ur just about to win in skywars and then it freezes and then he kills u. :p

Regretting likes this.
  8. Marco Slater

Marco Slater Owner Staff Member Owner

Pushing buttons for Digital Tree Media.
    Home Page:
    Not exactly a useful suggestion, you have very little of an idea what we have in terms of hardware to just run at the current size, and we aren't using a cheap minecraft host for sure.

As for the lag, we havent gotten any network issues on our side, perhaps check your local network for bottlenecks? (Maybe someone is downloading files on the same network as you, etc.)

If you want more help from me then you will need to do some work, and if you do not know what the following means, then you'll need to learn the basics of networking diagnostics.

I would need a traceroute to google.com and subsequent to that a traceroute to play.cubecraftgames.net after that a speedtest.net to a server in Amsterdam could help as well. (copy/paste it into a PM with me.) - Also do NOT start asking me what this means, research it on google.

9. Drew McNamee

Drew McNamee Member

how come everyone else is lagging then? don't think it's just me.

I know what you mean, but like i said, it's not just me. Other have the exact same issue.

Rimell likes this.
  10. johncoles

johncoles CEO Staff Member Owner

CEO
    Everyone else would freeze on your game if your network is lagging. You recieve everyone elses positions from our servers. I would agree with @halothe23 it sounds like an issue your end.

Marco Slater likes this.
  11. Mr.Bread

Mr.Bread Member

PISSA
    I think its the server but its just kit pvp for me everyone is freezing and im not the only one noticing it