Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Aimee2323

Forum Expert
Jan 3, 2014
Crazy Land
So, I stole an idea today ( @superxsnap <3 ), where in tsw instead of just having [Team] and [Global] in chat you get a special rank just for in the tsw games that basically does nothing but look cool. So, you get this rank (or ranks) when you reach a certain number of kills. Rank names could be stuff like "ProKiller", "NoobSlayer" and "Sniper"..

Opinions?

*Waits for @superxsnap to post the development of the idea that I missed out*

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
The following suggestion is brought to you by @superxsnap and @Aimee2323 :

The whole [Diamond] [Gold] [Obsidian] thing is so old, and really tells people nothing at all about your playstyle.

Of course this will apply only to skywars, and maybe some over games, and these titles will be unlocked through serious grinding of the game. I don't know about you, but i've seen obsidian donators trash talking and swearing; the money you're willing to take out of your wallet shows dedication to the server, sure, but playtime if you ask me is something to be much prouder of.

There could be confusion among players as to who on your team is actually speaking, but if you press Tab, your team is shown in green, so that issue is solved already.

A few title suggestions:

[Sniper] - 1000 hits with a bow
[Killer] -50 kills
[warrior] - 100 kills
[Berserker] - 200 kills
[Runner] - 100,000 blocks ran
[Marathon] - 1,000,000 blocks ran
[Miner] 30,000 blocks mined
[Crafter] 30,000 blocks placed
[Slaughterer] 300 kills
[Ferocious] - 500 kills
[Boss] - 1000 kills
[Victor] - 10 games won
[Champion] -50 games won
[Legend] - 500 games won
[Dedicated] - 10 hours played
[NoLife] - 48 hours played
[The foolish] - Killed yourself (managed to get the text Example was killed by Example; not Example died)
[Noob] - 10 deaths
[SuperNoob] - 1000 deaths

Not only does this give you a reason to continue playing to rank up, but it shows who the real dedicated players are. These titles will only be present during an active game, and therefore ranks will still be shown elsewhere, such as in game lobbies or skyblock.
No perks will be given upon unlocking a new title; it's a cosmetic change and will NOT be considered a donation rank, and therefore perks such as coloured chat will NOT be given as a result of earning these titles

cocai

Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2013
dubai
This doesn't seem like a great idea considering that there are tons of hackers on this server. And what if one person had more than one rank? Would all of those ranks show next to their name in chat? That'd be kind of annoying if it did...

Reactions: BlueMoon475

Blooberry

Nov 19, 2014
That Place In Space
This doesn't seem like a great idea considering that there are tons of hackers on this server. And what if one person had more than one rank? Would all of those ranks show next to their name in chat? That'd be kind of annoying if it did...
I am assuming that you can activate the title you want in the customization menu, meaning 1 at a time.

I personally like the idea. I would get SuperNub in 9 minutes.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
You unlock the ranks as you go, automatically equipping the one that you've most recently unlocked. You can always change which one you have though

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
and hackers? what about hackers? They aren't benefiting from a title, and the title isn't going to make their hacks look legit.

cocai

Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2013
dubai
and hackers? what about hackers? They aren't benefiting from a title, and the title isn't going to make their hacks look legit.
The hackers will take the labels to their advantage, and act like they genuinely earned it. Along with that, these titles won't mean much when there's 6k+ players (just a wild guess) in this server that use hacked clients.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
The hackers will take the labels to their advantage, and act like they genuinely earned it. Along with that, these titles won't mean much when there's 6k+ players (just a wild guess) in this server that use hacked clients.
we can't let hackers stop us from adding features. We have to exclude what hackers will do with these features and look at the community itself.

Reactions: Sophie

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Well they're still just as easy to report. You could also say that having the top 5 leaderboards gives hackers that get to it bragging rights, but lets be honest, with all the people on here reporting hackers, i seriously doubt that a hacker is going to get say the [Boss] title before he/she gets banned. Besides, they don't benefit from it; it's completely cosmetic.

OrangeGE

Forum Expert
Jan 21, 2014
I'm sorta confused, so you're on about making the [Team] and [Global] prefix's into customisable ranks? If i'm understanding this correctly, you want [Team] and [Global] gone, all that they do is notify you (and others) of which chat you are using. Talk normally for team chat (unless you're dead) and put a "!" (exclamation mark) before your text to talk in global, they aren't exactly ranks. Teamed chat is so you can plot against enemy teams secretly. Sorry if i'm totally missing the point here, it's 5am. It seems a bit unnecessary, if you want people to know how good you are at a game, there's the "Brag about your stats" thread. I believe that in the Twitch stream (the one announcing CCG 2.0) John mentioned something about viewing stats on the website, although i'm not certain.

Aimee2323

Forum Expert
Jan 3, 2014
Crazy Land
I'm sorta confused, so you're on about making the [Team] and [Global] prefix's into customisable ranks? If i'm understanding this correctly, you want [Team] and [Global] gone, all that they do is notify you (and others) of which chat you are using. Talk normally for team chat (unless you're dead) and put a "!" (exclamation mark) before your text to talk in global, they aren't exactly ranks. Teamed chat is so you can plot against enemy teams secretly. Sorry if i'm totally missing the point here, it's 5am. It seems a bit unnecessary, if you want people to know how good you are at a game, there's the "Brag about your stats" thread. I believe that in the Twitch stream (the one announcing CCG 2.0) John mentioned something about viewing stats on the website, although i'm not certain.
There'd still be [Team] and [Global], because you need to know what chat people are speaking in, just there'd be things after it like
[Team] [NoLife] Aimee2323:

Having these would make it something to work towards in game (also if you have a bunch of kills but still more deaths nobody needs to know how many deaths you have..)

Reactions: Sophie

Aimee2323

Forum Expert
Jan 3, 2014
Crazy Land
"Hackers could make the game not fair" was never a reason to not add more games, so I don't see how it's a reason not to have an achievement by their name.

Marta

🦊 🐾 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Oct 19, 2013
Manchester, UK.
marcoslater.com
As @OrangeGrapeEater mentions, I personally don't see the advantage or the point of having this.

To brag about stats isn't exactly the point of the game, rather, it is to get your team to victory.

We will have ways of showing other players statistics, but I think that another rank next to their name will just make it confusing.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Here's the scoreboard I made for BedWars Duos! (Team colors I used may not be used in the actual game)
1713525398483.png
Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
THIS IS THE MOST FIRE GAME EVER
IMG_8805.jpeg
I gave bedrock a try and it's more fun than I imagined, just the building is a tad difficult for me lol
i dont think this is right
IMG_8801.jpeg
Top Bottom