Translator Application FAQ

Discussion in 'Staff & Translator Applications' started by Elenahh, Oct 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elenahh

Elenahh Mod
    Staff Member Moderator

Elenahh
    Mod
    PLUS
    Frequently asked questions regarding our translation team and translator application. If you have a question that is not here, please feel free to contact me and I will add it in with my best response.
    Last updated: 11/02/2019

Q: How can I apply to become a member of the translation team?

A: You can learn more information on how to apply HERE.

Q: How long will it take for me to receive a reply to my application?
    A: It can take from a few hours to a few days, depending on the amount of applications that need to be reviewed. Just do not forget to check your application thread for new replies.

Q: Is there an age requirement for applying?
    A: No. As long as you have the qualities we look for in an applicant, there will not be an issue for us to invite you. More information about these qualities can be found HERE.

Q: Can I be a translator if I only have access to one platform (Java/Bedrock)?
    A: Yes! It is a huge bonus if you have access to both platforms since that makes you even more knowledgeable, but being knowledgeable with just one platform is completely enough. Your teammates will always be there to help you if you need help understanding/translating something from the other platform.

Q: Can I be a translator if I do not have access to Discord?
    A: No. The main platform we use for discussing, providing translations and managing the team is Discord. Being a member of our Discord server makes you an official member of our team.

Q: Will a past punishment affect my chances of getting accepted?
    A: It can affect your chances, but it strongly depends on the situation:
    - If you are being continuously disrespectful to the community, your abilities to work in a team will be questioned.
    - However, if you have proven to have learned from that mistake, your chances of getting accepted will remain unharmed. Mentioning the mistake in your application can help you with proving this.
    Q: Can I write my application in a language other than English?
    A: No. Your application is a way for me, the translation team manager, to see how well you are able to speak English. It will help me determine whether your level of fluency is high enough to communicate with the team and translate.

Q: How long will the applications be open?
    A: They will never be closed.
    Q: How many members and languages are there on the team?
    A: There are over 100 members in our team and over 22 languages. We need more translators for all of these languages.
    • Arabic
    • Bulgarian
    • Catalan
    • Chinese
    • Danish
    • Dutch
    • Finnish
    • French
    • German
    • Greek
    • Malay
    • Hebrew
    • Hungarian
    • Italian
    • Japanese
    • Polish
    • Portuguese
    • Romanian
    • Russian
    • Serbian
    • Spanish
    • Swedish
    Q: If I become a member of the team, will I also receive a ''Translator'' rank in-game?
    A: No, sorry, there is no such rank. However, you will receive in-game rewards for your hard work on translations.

Q: What translations does the translation team provide?
    A: Currently our team provides translations for:
    - Important forum threads.
    - The server official rules.
    - The server Helpdesk.
    - The CubeCraft Discord server.
    - The CubeCraft Bedrock and Java network.

Q: If I become a member of the translation team, will I need to be spending a lot of time translating to remain a member of the team?
    A: Being a translator is a volunteer job and you will be translating whenever you want and whatever you want (from our projects). That being said, no, you will not be kicked from the team as long as you participate in our team activities.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.