1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

/tradestart (name)

Discussion in 'SkyBlock' started by YounB, Jul 9, 2014.

?

Implement? Or narh?

1. Yes, I crie evry tiem I get scammed

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No, scammers make it fahn.

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. YounB

YounB Helper Staff Member Helper

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    This is the main issue of skyblock, PESKY LITTLE SCAMMERS
    /tradestart can change that
    Can be used on your island,
    Pressing on the wool will confirm the deal.
    And hey presto, good deal

2. Snap

Snap Mod Staff Member Moderator

Let us compare this to a good game i play called runescape :)
    Example: You put 20 diamonds in for a stack of gold, and accept the trade. Then, the player disconnects, claiming their internet was being dodgy. You retrade them, but when you put up your item, they put up 64 gold, then take away 58, leaving 6, but you put up some random wool too, and accept. The other player notices the wool being thrown in, but not the change in gold. You accept the trade and have been scammed 20 diamonds.
    Other example: You put an item in, lets say a stack of iron. in return, you are getting 10 diamonds. The other player puts his deal in, accepts but removes his diamonds and accepts again, just as you accept the trade. Again, scammed 10 diamonds.
    Although scammers are perhaps the greatest issue regarding skyblock, a trading system isn't going to work, as it makes scamming even easier... We will need a second trade screen, which will conclude the trade, which also doesn't let you remove items from the trade screen. This will NOT be an easy thing to implement... Just don't trade with those who you don't trust and you will be fine.

3. Oceanical

Oceanical Member

traveling
    We could just make items non-removable once placed in the slot & accepted.

By the way, I like the idea. Prevents scamming & mad players.

JuanCruz likes this.
  4. Verdag

Verdag Member

Should be 2 buttons. 1 to accept trade and 1 to accept trade again. once both have accepted the first time, you are free to go to press the other one. Like in Steam if you catch my drift

5. Snap

Snap Mod Staff Member Moderator

Yup... a scammed player is a mad player. and a mad player is a raging player. and a raging player is someone that tends to swear at the scammer, shout profanities at individuals and beg staff for items. Then they get muted, over a silly little incident where they lost their items due to a faulty trade system. If this is going to be implemented, it would have to be done properly, as the last thing we want is a new scamming method.. ;-;

Oceanical likes this.