Votes: 5 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

Verdag

Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2014
Norway
You know that one time on Assassinations when you are in a intense fight with 3 people. Both of you have around the same health, the same armor, gear and stuff. One has Full health and are about to finish you off. The stone is LEAST likely to get chased while the donor is most. Why? The name color triggers your brain and automatically says "oo! He seems richer and rarer/unique/diffrent, so he probably have the best stuff."

Another example is Skyblock lack of food loss. It ruins the experience and the survival aspect.

In other words: I wanna be able to toggle donator features. If you are a Obsidian, you should be able to toggle the color of your IGN on top of your head. It is a donator feature that should be toggleable. Same with the lack of food regen on SB. The tab should always be in your ranks color.

Maybe you can get the possibility to downgrade your rank when you are alive and when you die, you can be that rank with only those features theat rank provides you. You can also upgrade to the max rank you have bought (If you are gold you can downgrade to lapiz and then upgrade back to gold) with the same logic.

If you have any questions and/or something comfusing/not understandable, post them!

alyphen

Jan 4, 2014
seventh-root.com
I really like this idea, the coding may be very intense and tedious though.
This could be achieved by adding a command like /toggledonatorperks which would be one class of actual code, then adding two permissions groups, one for the donation perk, and one for the disabled donation perk with permission to enable it again.
Might get round to this at some point, but I need to prod Luke to give me permissions to modify permissions across the network without editing each file manually first.

alyphen

Jan 4, 2014
seventh-root.com
Seems pretty simple to me...
Code:
If HidePerks=False
<Donator perks for that person>
Pseudocode, but not that simplified.
Implementing it this way would be far more difficult. We would have to account for:
- Every permissions group
- Every place donation perks takes an effect
- Database stuff

Using a single variable would just disable the perks on that server if one person had it disabled.
Given that information, that approach is incredibly simplified. The approach I suggested is far easier to implement.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
Top Bottom