1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tips on how to successfully build in the creative server without losing work.

Discussion in 'Creative' started by Raindrop57, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Raindrop57

Raindrop57 Member

So, we all know that the creative server crashes a ton, and when you come back, half your work or more is removed. Using information I've found in the forums and by myself, I have come up with a little guide as to how to avoid getting work removed.

1. Some chunks are corrupted in the creative server and reset after every crash, taking all your work with it. To find them, wait for a time when the server is lagging quite a bit, and change your plot's biome to something that contrasts, like swampland. (And then do /spawn and come back to your plot) Wait for the server to crash, and the plot should now have two biomes. The chunks that are still plains biome are corrupted.

2. Joining right after the crash, now is the time to be able to build stuff on the corrupted chunks. As work on these gets reset from a long period of time before a crash, the only way to build on them is to build right after a crash. Build on these corrupted chunks until the first lag spike - work on those chunks after that will likely be destroyed. You could get lucky and NOT lose your work, but that's very rare, so all work on these chunks after the first lag spike should be easily redoable. (To test for lag, try to destroy the road by hold clicking. If you can destroy more then one block, then that's lag.)

3. Now that the lag has begun, switch your building focus to the uncorrupted chunks. Work on these should save properly for longer before a crash. With terraforming, these chunks that save will provide outlines for rebuilding what didn't save.

4. However, work in the last ten-fifteen minutes before a crash will almost always get deleted, no matter what. When the lag becomes rather consistent, then stop building, period. Maybe go play some skywars. You're not going to be getting any progress, working at this point (which I learned the hard way by deciding to work during this laggy time).

5. Pray to the lag gods that your work is saved. Maybe they'll spare you. Who knows?

Think Games and Anime_Pickles like this.
  2. Simbaaa

Simbaaa Member

Absolutely. Nothing.
    I find this too difficult to follow, I find it too complicated as well. It doesn't help me, sorry.

3. Raindrop57

Raindrop57 Member

I'd have to make a new plot to follow this, as it is very complicated. So I understand that you can't follow it, it's just that it's pretty much the only possible way not to chance losing work (mostly)

4. BritneySpears

BritneySpears Member

This isn't exactly good for minecraft noobs.

5. xMindYourOwnx

xMindYourOwnx Member

Still dont understand it, when will this stop tho?!

6. Think Games

Think Games Member

A deep dark hole in the side of a mountain
    Nice guide didn't know this ;)

7. RoyalisticMaphre

RoyalisticMaphre Member

8. Superherolinker

Superherolinker Member

Coder
    This thread is really ollllllddd

Lolmanlinker likes this.
  9. NitroPelle