1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The infamous Skyblock Lag and the disappearing chunks and my proposals on how to fix

Discussion in 'SkyBlock' started by ma_man321, Aug 8, 2015.

?

Your opinions on these ideas

1. Yes these ideas are great they should be implemented

100.0%
  2. Meh these ideas are okay maybe in the future, the staff should focus on finding the problem

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. These ideas are horrible , they should not be implanted at all.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ma_man321

ma_man321 Member

Stuff
    Right so almost the entire server is suffering from constant crashes , chunks disappearing and , my favorite of all teams disappearing from chests. A couple of weeks ago we all know SB went down for maintenance to fix these problems it still crashed and was laggy as all hell but at least it didn't eat our chunks, now the problem has returned and people are taking out the torches and pitchforks and are screaming death to lag. As of now the most common solution is to spam f2 every 5 minutes to take screenshots of every single block you have placed, every single chest inv, and your own personal inv , then pray to God that if SB crashes you won't lose much. Then send the screenshots to the admins and pray that they will return your items. God bless the poor people who didn't take screenshots. But back to point, this is not solving the problem your only just repairing the damage it has done, not the damage that will be done . So I am going to bring back a long awaited request and post a new one on how to maybe perhaps , stem the flow of destruction and terror. Right my first proposal is to add an addition SB server and cut down the maximum amount of players that can be on each server to about 80. Now before every1 goes mad on not to "revive old threads" please hear me out and maybe the staff will add it. (Who know maybe the cheeky buggers will get so annoyed they will finally add it.) Right so back to the topic, the most popular argument is that it will be unfair on the players because the will lose their progress. This statement is completely true, and nothing can be argued about it, if player A is top in server A and he decides he wants to go to server B , he will find that it would be as if he restarted his island. This is completely true but every new person , or even any person that comes to SB in ccg or even a person that plays SB on ccgwill now have an option to choose from a multitude of SB server relieving some of the player stress from the one we have as of now. Also cap the maximum amount of player availed per server to about 80. This way the player lag will be reduced because there can be a limited amount of players online on both servers , individually the servers in theory could and should run more smoothly than the current version but together they can host more players. The second most popular argument against more servers is that one server will be super op and the other realy weak. This statement is misleading, of course in the beginning the server difference would be massive. But then remind me me how old is Skyblock 2.0? It's a couple of months old , and I'm doubting that among the new people that some of them are great at SB and can build their own massive islands. I would say in theory it would take about 3-4 months before the servers level out and become more or less equal. However for a time the staff might be slightly overwhelmed with the addition of an additional server , I would suggest promoting 2-3 people to mod rank to regulate such an addition.Right that was my point of view on the problems posed if an addition server was added. If there are any more please leave them in the comments below I will try my best to answer them in detail. So moving on to my second point on how maybe we can reduce lag. This might take some time and a lot of coding but here is my theory: saying if we autosave the Skyblock server every 10 minutes or such. All the progress made by players would be saved into a file every 10 min and after 3-4 hours the file is deleted and a much longer auto save is made. So as a direct consequence say an autosave just occurred and during the next 10 min block the server suddenly crashes . With the old system the server deletes chunks and just causes havoc for the players. But if there a system was implement such as the one I am now suggesting the server simply goes loads the nearest non corrupt autosave and only the work in the last 10 min is lost. However some work will still be lost even with this system , but it would buy the staff more time to properly sort the problem and prevent further loss of corrupted chunks. This is the end to my suggestions, please post your opinions on this down below and hopefully the staff could maybe implement acouple. But as of now a lot of people are realy angry at the state SB is in rn.

Eclipse1314 and Snap like this.
  2. AlanRitchie

AlanRitchie Member

yeah, i like the idea of adding that auto save every 10 minutes

3. SamueLogic

SamueLogic Member

Student
    I think about Saving every 3-5 minutes.
    /cri (mah build)

4. Marmalademan02 =)

Marmalademan02 =) Member

a jar of jam but with marmalade in insted of jam
    auto save ever 30 secs. i made a chest put my wood in it about 10 secs after the server craashed and it was all gone. it was right when i was going to take screenshots of it too!

5. ma_man321

ma_man321 Member

Stuff
    bit too extreme because the server would lag a bit with each autosave

6. Thesupernerd_

Thesupernerd_ Member

Student
    I completely agree with this. Almost every time I come back onto the server my island ends up missing chunks that I already built, which ends up making me spend more time than I should on that one spot when I should be attending newer additions to the island. But every block I place could be deleted within the next 15 minutes of me just placing it due to crashes.