Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Which options do you think should be implemented?

• Option 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Option 3

• Options 2 & 3

• Options 1 & 3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendan Anderson

Feb 14, 2016
Currently, the friends system is great to show one's teamwork, friendliness, and sportsmanship for the CubeCraft server. However, after you meet your online friend (and most likely travel to other lobbies and play games with them) the friends system is mostly pointless. It is great that donotions to help out the server gain you more available friends, but once both friends leave and join back later, the only way to see them is to join the same lobby by chance. Performing the command {/friends list} you are able to see that your friends are online or offline, but what good does that do if you don't know where they are? Personally, I think some of these things should be implemented:D:

1. Being able to message players in different lobbies.
Explanation: Currently, I am able to do {/friends list} and see that players are online, but when I try messaging them, it says "Cannot find player" or something of the sorts. I think cross-lobby messaging would be key to asking where your friends are if you cannot find their lobby.

2. Seeing the lobby in which your friend is located.
Explanation: When performing the command {/friends list}, if your friend's name is green, it should tell you the lobby in which they are located. If this is not an option due long lists of friends, maybe creating a new command such as {/friend display (friend's name)} to show where just one friend is at a time.

3. Teleporting to friends.
Explanation: Many players who play on big servers like CubeCraft also play on servers like Mineplex. (I'm not advertising, just giving an example.:p) On Mineplex, when a player performs the command {/friends} it shows all the player heads of online friends. If you click your friend's head, it will teleport you to the lobby/game that your friend is in. If the game is in progress, then you will just spectate the game. I'm not saying that CubeCraft needs to copy Mineplex's friends system--becauseCubeCraft is a unique server experience--but maybe when performing {/friends list}, a player could click their friend's name and be able to join that lobby/game. If this is too hard/time-consuming to code, maybe the server should implement a Teleportation Request system. This is a widely well-know plugin, and if you are not aware of what this plugin does, you can perform the command {/tpa (player name)} and request to teleport. To accept, the player on the receiving end could perform the command {/tpaccept} or could deny by performing the command {/tpdeny}. The server could either allow any player to teleport freely to any player, or just enable this Teleportation System between friends.

Let me know what you think, and if you have any questions or concerns, I will do my best to get back to you with answers.

Vote up above ONLY AFTER you have read this.

~Brendan :D~

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
As the new friend system is currently being developed, I think that idea 1 and 2 is very good use. Idea 3 should only be allowed if you're both in lobbies and it should be a teleport request.

RynezDev

Forum Professional
Dec 1, 2015
test
1. Being able to message players in different lobbies
Would be nice!
2. Seeing the lobby in which your friend is located.
Explanation: When performing the command {/friends list}, if your friend's name is green, it should tell you the lobby in which they are located. If this is not an option due long lists of friends, maybe creating a new command such as {/friend display (friend's name)} to show where just one friend is at a time.
I think this will be added in the new friend system.
3. Teleporting to friends.
Explanation: Many players who play on big servers like CubeCraft also play on servers like Mineplex. (I'm not advertising, just giving an example.:p) On Mineplex, when a player performs the command {/friends} it shows all the player heads of online friends. If you click your friend's head, it will teleport you to the lobby/game that your friend is in. If the game is in progress, then you will just spectate the game. I'm not saying that CubeCraft needs to copy Mineplex's friends system--becauseCubeCraft is a unique server experience--but maybe when performing {/friends list}, a player could click their friend's name and be able to join that lobby/game. If this is too hard/time-consuming to code, maybe the server should implement a Teleportation Request system. This is a widely well-know plugin, and if you are not aware of what this plugin does, you can perform the command {/tpa (player name)} and request to teleport. To accept, the player on the receiving end could perform the command {/tpaccept} or could deny by performing the command {/tpdeny}. The server could either allow any player to teleport freely to any player, or just enable this Teleportation System between friends.
No because this
Seeing the lobby in which your friend is located.
You just can go with the compass to your friends.

~ Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
help I haven't done ANYTHING I wanna do something:((((
JokeKaedee wrote on Thjis's profile.
Ty for following 🍪 ❤️
Top Bottom