Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

johncoles

Forum Expert
Jan 6, 2014
Manchester, UK
johncoles.com
Hello all! I am sure that you're all aware but Mojang has made changes to the EULA that governs how people can monetise their server. Whilst this is very "dictator" esque this is neither the time nor the place to discuss the issue, I will be releasing a blog post on my personal site on the 1st of August so if you wish to read that I will link it here when it is available.

So let's get the bad news out of the way. As I have mentioned the EULA affects ALL Minecraft servers that accept donations etc. This means that we have had to modify some of our games to make them compliant with the new rules. Here are the games/areas that have had certain features changed:
- Removed daily points for donators.
- Removed donator kits from Hide and Seek, Survival Games and Skywars and SCB. (Ender-Pearl etc.)
- KitPVP kits are now the same level for everyone.
- Removed random item at spawn for donors in Assassination.
- Removed WorldEdit from Creative.
- Removed more plots for donors in creative (Plots that are already claimed will stay).

Now for the good news! We will be adding features back in to our server over the coming months that will enhance games (but not change them because Mojang won't let us), things like vanity items will be coming soon (coloured Armour, names etc).

Cube Craft is only possible because of the community that we have around the server. This is not just the donations but the people that play on the server and the staff that help us keep the server on the straight and narrow. The changes that we have made are so that we are compliant with the new EULA, our hands are tied.

We had options on what we could do and whilst we would have loved to not change anything and let Mojang have to deal with us we feel it easier to comply.

We would encourage you to email Mojang and explain that you are unhappy with the changes that they have made with the EULA and that it makes you stop wanting to play Minecraft. You can email them here: https://help.mojang.com/customer/portal/emails/new

Thank you for all your support and we hope to be bringing you new games and features for a long time to come! If you have any questions please leave a post below and we will try and respond.

TO CLARIFY: There will be future updates which will bring back most features in the form of in-game purchases via coins and tokens, also, please avoid raging.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kirby703

Jul 6, 2014
*Sigh.* Good luck CCG, and let's hope this EULA doesn't ruin everything! I'm Gold, about to be Diamond because of Sky Wars... we'll see how useful that is :P

Marta

🦊 🐾 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Oct 19, 2013
Manchester, UK.
marcoslater.com
i have played 1 month to get emerald and now for no good?? -_- well hope things is getting better :p

Its something they force us to do, we don't want to remove all of these features, but if we don't they will likely do something against us, such as shutting us down, or suing us.

SevereWarning

Forum Expert
Nov 14, 2013
Somewhere
Guys, donating is to help the server, not get good items. You should think before donating before actually doing it. CubeCraft gave perks out because people DID donate, not so people donate for the perks only. Think about how your money will effect the server, not think about the perks. Do you want the server to be better? Well, it seems like you did, because you donated.

WIZARD_LIZARD_98

Jan 4, 2014
This is completely unfair to all servers. Mojang is clearly just treating any servers that aren't realms differently. This happens in many ways such as the new EULA and it seems that regular login sessions are always timing out whereas mojangs realms are always up 99.878% of the time. I wish Cubecraft the best of luck in dealing with mojangs idiocy and you have my ongoing support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom