Not open for further replies.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
What's this? Did you think I was going to dessert you with one map? I only have pyes for this community. I present my next submission! An exceptionally tasty one at that.

-Map Name: Pastries

-Creator(s): @_The13thDoctor_ and @Andyyy

- Description of map:
-4 Teams, 8 Players, 2 Players in each team.
-Every Starting Island Has: 2 Iron Gens (Level 2 and 1), 1 Gold Gen (Level 1), 1 Diamond Gen (Broken).
-Outer Part of Mid Has: Gold Gen (Level 4)
-Inside The Center of Mid: 2 Diamond Gens (Level 3)

Pastries is a very unique map but not just in shape and layout. But it is the first 8 player team map. I would say it's intended for faster games and is certainly a TREAT. The main island is a doughnut cake with a cookie as it's middle, the outer part of mid is sweet chips, and the middle is a tea cake. The map is inspired by Andyuu's BlockWars interpretation of this map.

FYI: The inside of the cake at middle has been changed to match the walls, this video was recorded before the change.

Now, if your not pudding up with what I'm dishing out, your feedback is very much appreciated! Good or bad I'd like to hear it! Please, however, vote based on how much you like the map gameplay and style-wise, keep in mind this is going to be a map for everyone so don't vote if you want to be a troll or you don't like me.

https://imgur.com/a/DBtkerO and

Special Thanks:
@Andyyy for letting me make this map out of his old creations
@SanCookie and @Elivat for his advice and criticism.
@Yoya for supporting and giving advice and showing me MORE techniques <3

What kind of dessert do ghosts like? Icescream

@IceScreams ;))

Last edited:

Onik

Dedicated Member
Nov 25, 2016
California
I like the map, however, the only thing I find a bit odd, or at least something sticks out the most is that you have decently sized spawning islands but the comparison ratio to that of the main center is a bit unappealing. By this, I mean the main center looks a bit too small in relation to the entirety of the map.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I like the map, however, the only thing I find a bit odd, or at least something sticks out the most is that you have decently sized spawning islands but the comparison ratio to that of the main center is a bit unappealing. By this, I mean the main center looks a bit too small in relation to the entirety of the map.

I will increase the size a bit and as discussed in call the idea is to make camping a bit less common by making it easier to confront someone. Not to mention is a faster pace map with a lot more on the outside rather than inside.

FireExcalibur10

Forum Expert
Jul 3, 2016
Andromeda
Layout of inner islands looks a bit simple. That yellow bridge is not good enough for pvp as it has a rough terrain. Also starting islands have a hole where players can fall easily.

Reactions: Eli

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Layout of inner islands looks a bit simple. That yellow bridge is not good enough for pvp as it has a rough terrain. Also starting islands have a hole where players can fall easily.

What inner islands? Which yellow bridge? And no the “hole” is super small and easily avoidable. I know maps with even bigger holes that people don’t mind so why is this a problem here?

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
People voting no, please explain why instead of saying nothing.

Now, if your not pudding up with what I'm dishing out, your feedback is very much appreciated! Good or bad I'd like to hear it! Please, however, vote based on how much you like the map gameplay and style-wise, keep in mind this is going to be a map for everyone so don't vote if you want to be a troll or you don't like me.

Reactions: God.

Yamin

Forum Veteran
May 8, 2016
the sushi bar
Hey, so when I think of pastries I'm thinking of something like this
Ways-To-Run-A-Successful-Bakery-Shop.jpg
They looks sweet and cute and tasty and... ok sorry getting hungry.
I don't really feel like this map covers that. the cake and the donut would fit the theme, but the cookie and the taco do not.
The lay-out looks okay, but I would put the islands inbetween the tacos. The cake and donut look kind of simple and could use a more fancy touch like in the picture.
At the moment this map is not up to standerd with CubeCraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🥳
dvodany wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy b-day! 🍰
WorriedSkate940 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!!
denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
Top Bottom