Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

daanbanaan

May 3, 2015
Hello,

In my opinion is the iron sword with sharpness II, to OP in normal skywars. it has a 8.5 attack damage. I think that it need to be buffed to sharpness I (as in team skywars) because than the iron sword has a 7.25 attack damage and that's close to a normal diamond sword with 7 attack damage.

How do you guys think about it?

greetz Daan

(sorry for bad english)

Reactions: Accountrowan01

TangoRaptor_

Aug 14, 2014
Bossville
I agree. Sharpness II makes it the best obtainable sword in basic and normal skywars, which is way too overpowered for a starting item.
As a very experienced Skywars player, I always prefer to take the iron golem kit. If something was to be buffed, it would have to be this, not the sword kit. When choosing that sword kit you choose to have no armor which in my opignion, to have bad and armor and a good sword is worst than having good armor and bad sword, since finding swords is a lot less harder than finding a full set of armor.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
As a very experienced Skywars player, I always prefer to take the iron golem kit. If something was to be buffed, it would have to be this, not the sword kit. When choosing that sword kit you choose to have no armor which in my opignion, to have bad and armor and a good sword is worst than having good armor and bad sword, since finding swords is a lot less harder than finding a full set of armor.
I think that the tank and the swordsman kits balance one another out, but for the iron sword to be the best obtainable melee weapon in the game seems really extreme for a starting weapon.

Joshmctosh

Jun 26, 2014
Somewhere in the world...
I disagree. What makes you OP depends on which class you chose, either tank with full armor to start or a knight with experty on fighting. I think that if the tank kills the knight, then that gives them a greater advantage. That is earned though, also people want to get their ig money's worth

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
It isn't that OP if you compare it to the probability of actually getting a diamond sword in a chest on Normal Skywars, you will always find a Diamond sword with 7+ attack or a wooden sword sharp 2 with 6.5+ attack, there's not a lot of attack difference there. Especially for a kit that you have to purchase. -1 I Disagree.

Reactions: Iselciour

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
I agree. Sharpness II makes it the best obtainable sword in basic and normal skywars, which is way too overpowered for a starting item.
If it has sharpness one, it'll be just as useful as a diamond sword.

Nevertheless, I don't agree with this idea. -1

Sevenade78

Dedicated Member
May 24, 2014
Germany
No, nope. I have not read every comment, but I can already say, that this is a bad idea. Why? Because of the following:
1. Fighting a person with the Tank Kit will make you lose if you have your sword only and they have another wooden sword, most of the time.

2. Having the Enchanting Kit and a Diamond Sword found from a chest, which is not really rare, will get you a Sharpness I Dia Sword most of the time on 1 level. This is stronger than a Sharpness II Iron Sword.

3. Talking about "OP Kits": Egg Kit? Can easily send people flying right at the start.
Archer Kit? 3-4 Arrows to the knee and someone is dead, right at the start. I think you got my point right? :P

PartyBlaze

Dedicated Member
Nov 27, 2014
Europe
I agree with @Sevenade78 on this one. All kits are balanced out perfectly, maybe one is a little bit better but that'll be more expensive too.
For example: Enchanter is pricier that Chicken, although if you find a diamond sword and you enchant it, you'll probably get more kills than with a stack of eggs.

Same thing with Iron Golem, if you compare Archer to it, there won't be much difference because they balance each other out: Iron Golem is strong as defence, Archer is strong as offence.

Long story short (too late!) Swordsman is a moderate kit. If you'd decrease the enchant, it'll be a basic kit. Leave it this way.

Reactions: Sevenade78
Members Online

Team online

Top Bottom