1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Super Craft Bros - Is this known?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports/Support' started by DopeRider, Oct 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DopeRider

DopeRider Member

The other day I chose the cactus kit, one that I don't use often since the 1.9 update. I found that, after much using them, the weapons disappear and only reappear after being killed.

Is this bug known? If it isn't, I could play a few games and try to get video of it... if it's helpful.

2. zDutchie

zDutchie Mod Staff Member Moderator

Student
    A video is always helpful :)

3. DopeRider

DopeRider Member

No need for a video. I started recording and I realized the reason. Cactus only have a wooden sword (with cactus arrows associated to right click) that simply consumes its 59 uses and disappear.

So it's not a bug in the code.

Still it's unfortunate that its durability is only 59. Other kits have different items used as swords: endereye for the enderman, witherstar for the wither, spider eye for the spider that don't get depleted. Not sure about zombie's shovel.

After 1.9 update, I sent another suggestion (that got ignored) for the kits to be updated according to new weapons balance. This suggestion should be easy to implement. You just need to look for the place where weapons are given to players and change them. The part that needs careful thinking is how more powerful some kits should be.

I remember there was some disagreement in the comments, but there should not be more. A cursory inspection of enough games will show without doubt that bows dominate the game overwhelmingly. Skeletons and Blazes win most games with the rest very far.

Please, restore the balance. I don't know if this thread will be enough visible, should I start another one?

My suggested changes are adding unbreaking to cactus' sword, 1 or 2 sharpness levels to sword-like weapons (cactus' sword, zombies' shovel, spiders' eye, endermen's eye, withers' star) or alternatively doing something about recharge.

Skeleton and Blaze would still be stronger, unless armour is reinforced, but at least the unbalance won't be so obvious.

4. zDutchie

zDutchie Mod Staff Member Moderator

Student
    I would suggest you to make a new thread under the "suggestion" section :)

Thanks for the clarification!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.