Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Zed

Zedmin / Managing Director
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 11, 2015
Radcliffe, Manchester
twitter.com
Hey there CubeCrafters, welcome to the Spleef World Cup 2016!

uwq94S1.png

We're partnering with SpleefLeague to bring you this event!​
YoHmpcv.png

Q: What is the SWC?
A: The SWC stands for the Spleef World Cup. It's an annual spleef tournament that puts the best of the best against each other in hopes for attaining spleef glory!

Q: SWC IV?
A: Yeah, the fourth Spleef World Cup. The first two World Cups were held in 2012 and 2013 on SpleefLeague, the third was in partnership with MultiCube in 2014.

Q: What's the server IP and forum address?
A: swc.cubecraft.net

Q: How do I register for the SWC forums??
A: Log onto the server and type /register [your email], from there you'll get an email with further instructions. Original explanation found here: http://swc.cubecraft.net/threads/change-in-the-registration-system.190/#post-2424

Q: How do I join the SWC?
A: Go onto the server and do /joinswc and you will automatically be added to the qualifications ladder. This command will be available as soon as the tournament started.

Q: How do I play spleef?
A: Type /s, /spleef, or you can select an arena from your game menu.

Q: Why are some arenas unavailable?
A: Some arenas can only be played on if you visit them by finding them on the map! The vast majority of the normal arenas will be available by default, in contrast to the usual 3-5 arenas open initially. This is so we can aid in the qualification period.

Q: What is Super Jump?
A: It's a Parkour run and jump style minigame. It's played between two players and it's a competetive race to reach and end goal. Like spleef arenas, many need to be discovered.

Q: How can I find my friend?
A: You may find friends and foes alike through a friend/party system (To be implemented) in which you can chat and toggle visibility so you can explore the spleef world together.

Q: What's with chat?
A: Chat is separated into numerous channels to prevent excess spam from the large influx of players. You will be in, by default, a specific channel when you join the server. Through your spleef menu, you can navigate towards chat options and find numerous channels to join. Find one your friends are in or one you'd like to participate in and you're all set!

Q: How will the tournament be organized?
A: This will be explained in a section further down the thread.

RFwJwXq.png

In order to participate in the Spleef World Cup, you'll need to qualify! This is done through obtaining points and maintaining a position on the toplist. You will get points for defeating players, though it is important to note that you will be obtaining a separate ELO and set of points specifically for the tournament and the qualifications.That being said, dates are finally here!

We will have two weeks of qualifications to give late-comers a chance. Though it should be noted that qualifiers will be separated into two blocks. The top 126 players from each block will advance to the tournament group stages. This means, along with the golden tickets given away, that there will be 256 players in this tournament.

Block 1 starts February 19 and ends on February 26. All players will start at 1000 SWC points and will have to compete to remain in the top 126. Once this block is over and the victors are gathered, the points will reset and Block 2 will begin on February 26 and end on March 2.

The four winners of the gold tickets will qualify immediately. Golden tickets are a free pass into the tournament, details of how you can win these will be announced soon.

APv1Bn9.png

The tournament will take place on March 4.

Stage 1 will bring 64 groups of 4 players. In a group, everyone will fight one another in a round robin style. Which would mean each player would play a total of 3 matches in their group. Those at the top 2 spots of a group will find themselves advancing to the next round. If there is a tie, such as two players having 2 wins and 1 loss, it will be settled by a singular match. There is no double elimination for this stage.

Stage 2 will bring the remaining 128 players into a double elimination bracket. This will mean that each player has one "spare" life to fall back onto if they suffer a loss. Players will be seeded according to group ranking and other organizing methods.

Stage 3 will celebrate the 16 remaining players and usher in the final portions of the tournament. These 16 players would equalize the bracket, having 8 on the top side (1 spare life, none lost) and 8 on the bottom side (1 life lost, 1 remaining).

i0Xowz9.png

First Place
  • Gaming Laptop (Win10, i7, 15.6", GTX 970M, 8GB RAM, HDD+SSD)
  • Gaming Mouse
  • Gaming Headset
  • £50 Steam Giftcard
  • CubeCraft Merch + Obsidian Rank
  • Fancy statue on the SpleefLeague server
  • Place in the Hall of Fame on the SpleefLeague server
  • Love and Admiration
Second Place
Third Place
  • Gaming Mouse
  • £30 Steam Giftcard
  • CubeCraft Merch + Diamond Rank
  • Place in the Hall of Fame on the SpleefLeague server
  • Love and Admiration

Last edited by a moderator:

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
I took part in the Multicube Spleef World Cup. Thousands of people were involved.
It was absolutely great fun, everyone was taking it seriously and it really brought the community together. Just what this network needs.

RoboticToast

Dedicated Member
Aug 9, 2015
Im not going to enter since im very bad at spleef & my computer is laggy. Good luck to y'all.
(If your obsidian, then give the obsidian/emerald/diamond rank to me. jk

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on L1kii's profile.
👀
qKhalidd wrote on ignsinf's profile.
Hi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
welcome to the forums! I hope you will have a nice stay here:D
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Top Bottom