Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Arcade
By Priley

jdU4olX.png

MAP UPDATED: SEPTEMBER 20TH

Arcade is the first map I have ever built. It can house 12 players. I was inspired to create this map because I really love cartoon-style maps and I really like the old Arcade! :D
What actually boosted me to make this map is.. a bit odd.. I had been awake for about 48 hours because I felt sick, so I watched some 'arcade-movies' such as Wreck-It Ralph and Pixels!

Each island (arcade machine) is home to some basic resources such as a handful of logs. There are also four golden blocks in each island which are supposed to look like money that gamers have inserted :p

As you may see, the arcade machines are also displaying an actual game. Can you guess which?! :O

I have gone for a different layout as you can quite clearly see. I think it'll work quite well. The player has a small dilemma to face: go to the centre middle of the map to get loads of stuff, or go to the 'enchanting-coins' to get stronger that way.

t8g24l3.png

R6WLEyp.png

xLH3mn5.png

ThktnBe.png

f1BkQNr.png

6i5X1Zj.png

kGB3XQC.png

ZDmW0Rn.png

BAJRo1x.png

IU7uQ2t.png

Please do vote whether you like the map or not, your vote genuinely counts!

Your feedback is appreciated! :D

~ Riley​

Last edited:

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Arcade
By Priley

RvtTjn9.png

Arcade is the first map I have ever built. It can house 12 players. I was inspired to create this map because I really love cartoon-style maps and I really like the old Arcade! :D
What actually boosted me to make this map is.. a bit odd.. I had been awake for about 48 hours because I felt sick, so I watched some 'arcade-movies' such as Wreck-It Ralph and Pixels!

Each island (arcade machine) is home to some basic resources such as a handful of logs. There are also four golden blocks in each island which are supposed to look like money that gamers have inserted :p

As you may see, the arcade machines are also displaying an actual game. Can you guess which?! :O

I have gone for a different layout as you can quite clearly see. I think it'll work quite well. The player has a small dilemma to face: go to the centre middle of the map to get loads of stuff, or go to the 'enchanting-coins' to get stronger that way.

p67t80i.png

bQ7gXi2.png

VDiMiqi.png

PnSQuBg.png

7cRMdOY.png

IU7uQ2t.png

xaA6GPT.png

ZFO9Jm5.png

iGStSQq.png

wutnqGV.png

n9fRKTt.png

TGYWrZQ.png

As time passes, I will post updated screenshots in the spoiler below. The images in the spoilers above are not likely to be changed. I want everyone to be able to see what has changed and when it has changed :)
Nothing yet

Please do vote whether you like the map or not, your vote genuinely counts!

Your feedback is appreciated! :D

~ Riley​
I like this map a lot! I really hope it gets implemented.
Only one thing, I hope you make sure the material variation you used for the different islands doesn’t represent an advantage for specific spawn islands.
Love it!

Reactions: Priley

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Only one thing, I hope you make sure the material variation you used for the different islands doesn’t represent an advantage for specific spawn islands.
Love it!
Yes, I've thought about that! I wanted to put a few diamond blocks in the parkour minigame arcade machines but that was obviously unfair. The current blocks should not give anyone an advantange over others

When looking at the map it looks like a layout without much detail, it just has a plain look about it.. Not really feeling it to be honest.
How can that be improved though? I appreciate feedback from everyone but I can't do anything with 'not feeling it' :P

That looks really good! I would love to play this map if the map gets accepted.
That makes the two of us :)

Reactions: Dutudy

Haighers112

Jul 5, 2019
When looking at the map it looks like a layout without much detail, it just has a plain look about it.. Not really feeling it to be honest.
I'll have to agree with this, all the things are pretty much solid colours I do like the map though and the idea of arcade as the theme! But it needs a little more for me to see it stand out if you understand

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
The mid seems to be very far away from the starter islands,also it will be very easy to die there on 1.8.I will give you yes because the map looks great and because new maps are always good

Simply

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2017
Beyond the Fourth Wall
Wow, for a first map, this is brilliant. Distances between islands are pretty much perfect, and I really love the unique layout.
While I do like to play on the standard, rush-based skywars map layouts, I feel like an alternative layout is much needed. I also love that there are other options rather than just a single middle island. Also, what I like the most is probably the amount of escape routes I feel are possible. (e.g. Youre trapped on the enchanting coins and a player is blocking your way back to mid. You can juke them by moving to the side islands and crossing from there)
I feel like the gameplay this map could provide would be very interesting.
But, the one thing I would definately change would be the gold blocks. Not necessarily the gold blocks at middle, but the blocks on the spawn islands must be replaced by wool or something. Why? Because imagine this:
-basic items, game starts. You collect your island's gold and then you kill the player next to you. You immediately have a notch apple. That is just broken. Not only in basic, but in OP and normal to some extent.
Overall, this map is great. It could use some further detailing like making the underside of the ring and the middle a bit nicer by using stone etc.
Thats it by me :)

Reactions: Dudu and Priley

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
I really like this map! :)
Now that’s an awesome map layout. Hopefully it gets accepted
this looks amazing dude
Thank you so much! :D

The mid seems to be very far away from the starter islands,also it will be very easy to die there on 1.8.I will give you yes because the map looks great and because new maps are always good
Why will it be easy to die on this map though? At this point in time, I would say the exact opposite due to all the gold blocks :P

Wow, for a first map, this is brilliant. Distances between islands are pretty much perfect, and I really love the unique layout.
While I do like to play on the standard, rush-based skywars map layouts, I feel like an alternative layout is much needed. I also love that there are other options rather than just a single middle island. Also, what I like the most is probably the amount of escape routes I feel are possible. (e.g. Youre trapped on the enchanting coins and a player is blocking your way back to mid. You can juke them by moving to the side islands and crossing from there)
But, the one thing I would definately change would be the gold blocks. Not necessarily the gold blocks at middle, but the blocks on the spawn islands must be replaced by wool or something. Why? Because imagine this:
-basic items, game starts. You collect your island's gold and then you kill the player next to you. You immediately have a notch apple. That is just broken. Not only in basic, but in OP and normal to some extent.
Overall, this map is great. It could use some further detailing like making the underside of the ring and the middle a bit nicer by using stone etc.
That means so much coming from someone talented like you! Your feedback has definitely been taken into consideration and I'll be tweaking the gold blocks here :)

Yamin

Forum Veteran
May 8, 2016
the sushi bar
I quite like the map. For a first map it's looking pretty nice. Maybe it's because of your FOV, but I think the diagonal player islands have to be moved inwards a bit. The only thing I would change is removing the ring at mid. I think the map would work better if it was a tiny bit smaller.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
I quite like the map. For a first map it's looking pretty nice. Maybe it's because of your FOV, but I think the diagonal player islands have to be moved inwards a bit. The only thing I would change is removing the ring at mid. I think the map would work better if it was a tiny bit smaller.
Thanks a lot for the feedback! I'll be toying around with mutliple ideas soon :)

Reactions: Yamin

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Love it!
That looks really good! I would love to play this map if the map gets accepted.
I'll have to agree with this, all the things are pretty much solid colours I do like the map though and the idea of arcade as the theme! But it needs a little more for me to see it stand out if you understand
I really like this map! :)
Now that’s an awesome map layout. Hopefully it gets accepted
this looks amazing dude
This looks almost perfect to me. Space to PvP etc. Just think the whole map should be a little smaller.

Quoting all of ya to announce I rolled out the first major updates! I have toyed around with a handful of ideas: cluttering the ring, different shapes of sub-mid, etc. and decided this was the best option. I have listened to the feedback some of you gave me and tried to make the map smaller while not making it ugly. I am looking forward to all of your comments! Please do give me feedback! <3

Oct 19, 2015
The Netherlands
nl.namemc.com
Quoting all of ya to announce I rolled out the first major updates! I have toyed around with a handful of ideas: cluttering the ring, different shapes of sub-mid, etc. and decided this was the best option. I have listened to the feedback some of you gave me and tried to make the map smaller while not making it ugly. I am looking forward to all of your comments! Please do give me feedback! <3

I still really like this map, hope this map gets added to the game ;)

Reactions: Priley

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
This is a real honour to the old arcade lobby.
I also really like the tetris structure in the middle. I only don’t like the question block in the middle. It fits quite well, but it looks quite unspecial compared to all the other awesome structures. I’d definitely like to play on this map!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on katnip's profile.
i absolutely love that profile picture
Eli
Where's the second member? 🤔

1713925281107.png
someone make a rivals of aether mod with fhg characters

it's the closest we can get to an official game