Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Ok not that I am super amazing or anything. But I have some clear tactics and strategy's to winning.

Step 1 | Classes |
Classes are your #1 step to winning the game. It's your starter kit and it will win you the game very likely.
so first we run down how you wanna play the game.
if you are going to be playing offensive, like, the person that will go around bridging and killing everyone. you will need an offensive weapon right?

The thing that people don't realise is that Tank is better than Swordsman on any map.
There are more choices for weapons than there are for armour. armour can be pretty rare. where as anything is pretty much a weapon.
Diamond Sword - 7+ Attack
Iron Sword ENCHANTED - 8.5+ Attack
Wooden Sword - 4+ Attack
Stone Sword - 5+ Attack
Stone Axe
ENCHANTED - 5.25+ Attack
Wooden Sword ENCHANTED - 6.5+ Attack
Stone Sword
ENCHANTED - 7.5+ Attack
Diamond Pickaxe - 5+ Attack

There are a lot more weapons than armour. choosing Tank will give you straight Iron armour and the odds of finding any one of these weapons on any map is REALLY HIGH.
If you don't, you can easily punch a tree. Guaranteed Weapon on any map.

What about other classes?
Cookie Monster Class Trap: https://cubecraftgames.net/threads/cookie-monster-trap.8576/unread
Thread by Sprityspritz

Archer: Archer is only useful if you have a good bow shot. If you miss most of those arrows then you are pretty much done. bows aren't that rare in chests either. it will get you 1 kill of the bat but most of the time the player you are shooting could easily hide and then you just wasted your starter class.

Enchanter: Enchanter is actually good. nobody actually knows it though. it pretty much makes up for the armour loss if you didnt get any. Like I said. weapons arent that rare and you could at least enchant one of them.
The highest levels:
1 - Sharpness 1 or Unbreaking I
2 - Sharpness 1 or Unbreaking II
3 - Sharpness 1 or Unbreaking II or Knockback I (rare)
4 - Sharpness 1 or Unbreaking II or Knockback I or Bane of Arthropods (common and useless)
5 - Sharpness 1 and unbreaking II or Knockback I or bane of arthropods
6 - Sharpness 1 and unbreaking I and knockback 1 (ultra rare) sharpness 1 and unbreaking II
7 - Sharpness II (ULTRA RARE) sharpness I and Unbreaking III - sharpness I and knockback I
8 - Sharpness I and Unbreaking III and knockback I (pretty rare)

the enchanting table CANNOT go higher than level 8 without book shelves.

Enderman: this class is said to be OP when really, it isn't.
it just adds a lot of traffic to the map. the real issue is, how do you get out? it's actually a lot harder for the person in the middle to get out.
If you are OBSIDIAN you can select it twice and get 2 enderpearls. in and out in the same moment.

Apple Master: This class is not OP. if you are not wearing anything and you ate a gapple. you CAN be killed by a diamond sword. quite easily actually. This happens plenty on kit pvp.

Snowball Warrior: Useless class. there are plenty of snowballs in the chest, and if not there are still many eggs instead. if you don't get any they are still not crucial. it could get you one kill but one kill isn't going to make up for the many the tank will get you.

Bomber: this class is also not as useful. people dont fall into traps easy.
there isnt even enough tnt to kill someone if they make a run for it.

Egger: This is basically Snow ball warrior. no difference.

Pyrotechnician: Flint in steal cannot kill anyone, this gives you no advantage over the game.

Miner: this requires too much time and someone who is playing offensive would've bridged to you before you even mined anything useful, you would die too quickly. considering mining for diamonds when you could just starter kit a even better sword.

Swordsman: This is said to be one of the best classes around. It CAN be good. but so many people use it that if you used tank and killed someone the odds of them holding it are pretty high.
People take offence over defense all the time.

Step 2 | Playing the Field |
You have your class. what now?
You have to be unexpected.
give someone the act of surprise, start bridging straight away. they won't expect it and they will die.
Keep doing this bridge, kill, bridge, kill.
you will keep collecting better gear and get better as you go along, and surely the first person you killed should set you up for the next one.

This works very well with:
Rainbow
Taiga
Trees
Pirates
Candy
Desert

When bridging make sure that you count, count 5 blocks, then run back to your island. then run back straight away and finish it.

WARNING: NEVER BRIDGE TO THE MIDDLE UNLESS A PLAYER IS THERE.

Step 3 | Showdown? |
This is a walkthrough for taking out teams or OP people.
Teams can be difficult if they are kitted out, where you have to hit them off. but make sure that you dont fall off. this is skywars you are playing, that is a strong factor in the game.

when someone is hugely kitted out you have to hit them off. snowballs or eggs are perfect at this situation, at this point you should be kitted out too.

I don't recommend just melee fighting them, the odds of you dying are a lot higher than driving his patience. if you have a bow, USE IT.
you will damage him a lot before you actually run at him. but dont shoot across the map. you are just wasting arrows.

Teams are sometimes easy to take out, it's as simple as hitting them off, but sometimes, depending on where you are, it has to be a showdown.
you have to shoot them with a bow. lower both there health and hit them off.
the odds of you meleeing them both and winning are 1 in 150.

Step 4 | Raiding and Shortcuts |
This is a key factor in winning the game.
Sort out your inventory.
647e4e0ab246a156996ce2c933890f20.png

Weapons are at the front in case you get jumped and your finger is directly underneath the 1 and 2 keys on the keyboard.
Blocks are also close to your fingers.
Gapples are at the front because if you are getting shot at you need to eat them quickly
The anything slot is preferably for lava, eggs and snowballs. or an extra stack of blocks.
arrows at the end so they are easily accessible and out of vision.

Raiding chests is a key factor and to get good at skywars to need to know your textures.
learn the textures of minecraft, because once you recognize them you know what to grab from a chest.

You know you're a noob when you take everything in a chest.
Take the following.
Blocks
Any Weapon unless you have a better one, then leave the bad one behind.
gapples.
eggs and snowballs.
armour, if better.
food if needed. (maps like candy will not need these, crucial if on the map jungle.)

you need to take these items ONLY, and you need to do it fast. i can raid a chest in less than a second.

maps like taiga are rather easy to win because of the short distance between each island.

That is all. if anything i missed I will add it below.
Like this post as I spent 3 hours typing this :)

I hope you start getting on those leaderboards!
- Drew McNamee
:

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Okay...
  1. Snowball warrior, (aswell as egg) and pyro are NOT worthless.
  2. I rearrange my hotbar in a different way, and it works perfectly fine.
Other than that, nice guide.

1. Pyrotechnician is useless. you tell me how it is useful...
2. snowball warrior is useless because you could use something more productive, and you easily find stuff like that in chests anyways.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
1. Pyrotechnician is useless. you tell me how it is useful...
2. snowball warrior is useless because you could use something more productive, and you easily find stuff like that in chests anyways.
and... I didn't say other hotbar settings are bad. I just said this one is set out deliberately like that. it is preferably better.

Verdag

Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2014
Norway
In rainbow, pyro is so good! Other maps than rainbow, you can place a fire and let them take damage

Verdag

Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2014
Norway
well, I guess I thought wrong. but in other maps it is pretty useless.
you could get a better start on rainbow.
If you get a bow and arrow on any map, you can build a fire arrow contraption. more of a treat and to escape, place one behind you. they take damage AND get slowed down.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Top Bottom