1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skyblock, on the subject of PvP

Discussion in 'SkyBlock' started by Raggimm, Jan 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raggimm

Raggimm Member

Ok so me and my friends started playing again on Cubecraft, I've experienced several issues with the ''PvP'' aspect of Skyblock; Firstly people can teleport in combat to easily, it's completely ridiculous. People say tping in combat isn't allowed yet they do it? Like what (EDITED: Swear) is up with that? I don't find it anywhere in /rules that it isn't allowed. I myself am not one to tp in combat, if I kill someone than the fight is over for me, I tp out. Another thing is that people don't understand the ultimate strength of strength potions, people do nothing but call you a hacker, strafe skills and a strength pot is all you need to kill someone. What you should add is a plugin called combat tag and tp delay. That way people don't get out of pvp to easily and it makes thing's more challenging. There's no fun in using a bunch of potions then the guy just teleports away.

2. OrangeGE

OrangeGE Member

The PvP on skyblock is just an add-on, if you want proper PvP, You can go to the PvP part of the server. If someone is combat/pvp logging, you have full rights to record them and report them in the report a player section of the forums. The TP delay will be annoying for users who don't use the PvP section in skyblock, and I feel like adding the combat plugin has more negatives than positives, and I'm pretty sure it has been suggested before anyway.

3. Raggimm

Raggimm Member

Than why are you not allowing teleporting in combat? Like if you can do it why are you denying it's use?

4. OrangeGE

OrangeGE Member

(Sorry, I don't fully understand your question, so this may not be the answer you are looking for.)

We don't allow PvP logging as it creates an unfair fight, for both users.

5. Raggimm

Raggimm Member

Than why don't you add Combat tag, it basically doesn't allow you to tp if someone hits you. Basically you get a timer and you cannot tp but until the timer reaches 0.
    Do you understand that??

6. OrangeGE

OrangeGE Member

I've passed the idea on, I can't say if it will be added or not as I don't know. Thanks for the suggestion though. :)

Raggimm likes this.
  7. Saradabaschi

Saradabaschi Admin Staff Member Administrator

Skyblock is a server on which you build in first place. The pvp-arena such as the mini-games for example are little features we created to make it more fun and interesting.

I can fully understand that pvp-logging is annoying and makes you rage. A lot of players feel the same as you do.
    But it is way to complicated to add that to skyblock. It is "easy" on factions since the whole server is based on pvp (for which the plugin was created - pvp) but skyblock really isn´t based on pvp. We just added the arena for some fun.
    Most of the time it isn´t that serious in the pvp arena. Players go in without armour just to look at it and have fun. And then there are players in full diamond armour slaying everyone... which is totally fine. It is still a pvp arena.

It would also increase the lag on the server itself. And everyone who plays skyblock knows about the lag.

That is a no from my side, sorry.

As Orange said above, if you want proper pvp play it on the actual pvp servers.
    If you find a pvp-logger record it and report on forums. A staff member will have a look.

Locked.

Jinjo and YounB like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.