1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SB Problems and Suggestions

Discussion in 'SkyBlock' started by SamueLogic, Aug 13, 2015.

1. SamueLogic

SamueLogic Member

Student
    Oh, hey.
    I'm Samuel.
    Ok, so as a lot of people know, i'm a little bit (A LOT IK) addicted to SkyBlock, but it's annoyning to play with this problems, Don't beliveve? Check SB forums, this problems are the most re
    • Chunks despawning.
    • Animal despawning.
    • Resets every 5-13 minutes.
    • Materials losted
    • No World-save at time.
    • And a lot of things more.
    And i know that a lot of people really hates that too, so i'm here suggesting how to fix some of them c: :
    ________________________________________________________________________________SUGGESTIONS

Chunks despawning, blocks placed before Crashes, and Materials losted.
    Ok so, recently, a lot of people (Including me) is ragged because their blocks placed before a crash, or Chunks in their island have despawned.
    My suggestion (And @ma_man321's too) is this one : https://www.cubecraftgames.net/thre...-chunks-and-my-proposals-on-how-to-fix.45299/
    In conclusion, more World-Saves, like every 3-5 minutes, to stop the Blocks, chunks despawning.

Animal despawning.

Ok, first of all about this, is that some people don't read the rule #5 in this thread (SB rules) : https://www.cubecraftgames.net/threads/rules-for-skyblock.43296/
    ''5. It is not allowed to have insane amounts of animals on your island. Due to lag it is important to keep the amount of animals low.
    Sheep: You are allowed to have 3 of each colour on your island.
    Cows: You are allowed to have 20 cows on your island.
    Pigs: You are allowed to have 20 pigs on your island.
    Chickens: You are allowed to have 20 chickens on your island.
    I won´t name any number for the other animals but keep it low. If you are having more animals some of them will be removed.''

Some people abuses of that, imagine that have 150 chickens in mah farm, It will cause lag, IT'S OBV.
    My suggestion here, is that the rule #5 should be Implemented about what Sarah said, ''If you are having more animals some of them will be removed'', I'm sure she can't do it alone.

Resets every 5-13 minutes.
    Ok, a new SB rule has been implemented, it's the rule #6
    ''6. It is not allowed to say "lag" in any form in chat if you are causing spam and/or supporting the spam by doing so and possibly causing the server to crash. If the chat gets spammed, even if you as an individual only said the word once or twice, you can be muted. The exception is when you are just talking about lag by using the word in a sentence in a proper conversation.''

''Y

AlanRitchie likes this.
  2. SamueLogic

SamueLogic Member

Student
    ''You can be muted'' ok, so with doing Reports, users that spam ''lag'' and genere crashes gets muted.

These are all mah suggestions, i would love to see all your opinions guys.
    Sorry for mah spelling, learning english.

Tags : @Efcluke94 - @GingerGeek - @Saradabaschi - @rubik_cube_man - @jinjo90 And all SB players worried about it c:

3. Raindrop57

Raindrop57 Member

Problem: Laggy redstone machines

Solution: Instead of removing redstone, have a limit of 5 redstone ticks per island per second.

4. SamueLogic

SamueLogic Member

Student
    -1 From me, the point is like in Creative, redstone machines that causes lag = Ban.

5. Raindrop57

Raindrop57 Member

True. Otherwise maybe people would find workarounds.

6. SamueLogic

SamueLogic Member

Student
    THINGS THAT CAUSE LAG = BAN <3.

7. Raindrop57

Raindrop57 Member

8. AlanRitchie

AlanRitchie Member

Ban= /cri

9. ma_man321

ma_man321 Member

Stuff
    Also enforce the limit on nether portals , rn the limit is about 15-20 portals per island, however some people have exceeded this limit by alot. One does not need that many portals... so my suggestion is enforce this hidden rule of SB with the removal of excess portals?

10. Snap

Snap Mod Staff Member Moderator

The thing is if too many tight restrictions are made then the players will have no freedom as to what they can actually build and won't play the game. Also If it is a "hidden rule" then players won't actually know that their pigman farm consisting of 473 portals isn't allowed, and if it gets removed they'll rage at the staff. We're already restricted with entities, so I don't think we should be restricted with portals too, especially when only the higher leveled islands have pigman farms.

11. kabouterwouter1

kabouterwouter1 Member

I find the world save a good idea i'm adicted to sb too and i lost lot's of thing luckily @Saradabaschi is a great admin and spawns it back!

12. Snap

If more frequent world saves were to be implemented, couldn't it save as the server is crashing, corrupting islands permanently?

13. Saradabaschi

Saradabaschi Admin Staff Member Administrator

I don't really see any new suggestions here. You posted the link to maman`s and you quoted my rules. ;)

I don't get that sentence. Can you explain?

14. Marmalademan02 =)

Marmalademan02 =) Member

a jar of jam but with marmalade in insted of jam
    In chat have a alert saying: speaking lag is mutable. Its it rlly annoying when people spam lag.

15. Snap

It's common sense that spamming is annoying to other players and is against the rules because of that. Also it might seem weird to distribute a warning for that message when players aren't actually spamming, as I'm guessing that it will be on a timer.

16. ma_man321

ma_man321 Member

Stuff

15 23*23 portals with a looting 3 sword give about 4-5 gold blocks per 15 min . with 20 portals its about 6-7 blocks of gold per 15 min. My suggestion would be to make fewer large portals than many small ones.

17. ma_man321

ma_man321 Member

Stuff
    Please read my post , it is provided up top , but quick explanation of what i had written is this : the server would auto save say every 10 min. Say the server just saved. We will named this saved version File A, now in the next 10 min block , everything went perfectly normal and the server saved that as well, this save we shall name File B, However in the next 10 min block the server crashed before it could make the next auto save. What it does is fall back on File B and reloads it. And as we know File B had corrupt islands in it so it should run normal from there. Of course the progress you made from the point of auto save of File B and the crash would be lost but , it would be a lot less than the progress lost as of now.